Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again

StassneyHorn

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Haley is worst of the three

Haley is just the worst. Doesn’t really matter the line up. Barry Switzer, Jerry Jones, Nikki Haley. Yep. Still the worst. “But anastasis yOu HAvE tO pIcK OnE oR tHeOcrACy!”. 

Circling the fucking drain, just jump on in and enjoy the ride. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Fuck You 1

14 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Of course. But that is a question that you should ask the GJ voters. You know who they are if you paid attention, 

Do you recall "decency"?  Seems some current and relevant topics wrt to the rules based international order. Yet you seem silent on those threads.  

I’m mostly silent these days. We’re all fucked, didn’t you know?
What did you think “burn it all down” meant when you voted for it? We are now in the “fire and blood” phase that you laughed off in 2016, and it’s very likely to get much worse. If anything you should be enjoying yourself. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I’m mostly silent these days.

I understand. Probably for the best. It’s kinda foolish to keep rolling out a defense of the system based on its inherent “decency”. Really requires a complete suspension of reality. 

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Haley is just the worst. Doesn’t really matter the line up. Barry Switzer, Jerry Jones, Nikki Haley. Yep. Still the worst. “But anastasis yOu HAvE tO pIcK OnE oR tHeOcrACy!”. 

Circling the fucking drain, just jump on in and enjoy the ride. 

Well? What do you want and what do you suggest doing to get it?

38 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I understand. Probably for the best. It’s kinda foolish to keep rolling out a defense of the system based on its inherent “decency”. Really requires a complete suspension of reality. 

Can you name a person who has ever run for president or is running for president who you really liked and did or would enthusiastically vote for?

I’m really amazed at how ageism, along with every other ugly thing in our culture, has been normalized. We’re far removed from the time when younger people would pad their midsections so the girth would give them the appearance of age and wisdom. If Biden were  61 instead of 81, based on what we’ve seen so far, would being younger make him a more effective president, I even if we control for the physical decline that comes with aging?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The most "You want to improve society yet you participate in society, interesting!!" exchange ever. 

He can't admit that Biden is the best candidate, nor does he want to admit that he's going to write in Willie Nelson and not an actual political figure. I don't know why 

50 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

He can't admit that Biden is the best candidate, nor does he want to admit that he's going to write in Willie Nelson and not an actual political figure. I don't know why 

Willie Nelson is antithetical to what he desires as far as I can tell

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

I’m really amazed at how ageism, along with every other ugly thing in our culture, has been normalized. We’re far removed from the time when younger people would pad their midsections so the girth would give them the appearance of age and wisdom. If Biden were  61 instead of 81, based on what we’ve seen so far, would being younger make him a more effective president, I even if we control for the physical decline that comes with aging?

Just a small point.  Ageism, however ugly you think it may be, is a whole lot more attractive than most "every other ugly thing in our culture". 

I’d kill for 61, or even better, 51yo Biden.  Dude was more of a R back then than Romney is. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Write in candidate

Pat Myselfontheback

2 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

1 hour ago, G650 said:

odin-leather-goods_apparel-product_title

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, bolverk said:

So you'd be in favor of another federal ban on assault weapons like was put in Biden's 1994 Crime Bill and that he proposed again a couple of years ago?

With what I’d have grandfathered, it certainly wouldn’t hurt me. 

Edited by fattyflattie
I’d, eyed, I’ve, Ivy

7 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Other than complaining on a message board and not voting for president, what do you suggest we do about it?

Well, the first thing that we need to do is wholly reform campaign financing and the role of money in politics. That is the very first step. 

3 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Come on man. That was 2016 and it was absolutely the right decision, 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, G650 said:

On the things that really matter, I am pretty sure that we would be on the same page. And he could be brought along with reason on the others if given a fair hearing. 

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

You say these things like any of us disagree with you. We don't. But writing in some slap dick candidate in protest of the system ain't doing shit. So, until we completely overhaul the entirety of the government, most of us choose to deal with the reality of the situation, rather than play make believe.

Its funny that in reality most of you will actually agree with me on quite a bit, but you will just keep pulling the lever over and over and over again, nothing will change, and you will keep right on thinking that people like me are the problem. Hell of a system we got here. Decency. We the People. And all the other fantasies and delusions people want to keep living under. 

Edited by Anastasis

9 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

On the things that really matter, I am pretty sure that we would be on the same page. And he could be brought along with reason on the others if given a fair hearing. 

Well either you completely misrepresent yourself or you zero clue of Willie Nelson's inclinations

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Its funny that in reality most of you will actually agree with me on quite a bit, but you will just keep pulling the lever over and over and over again, nothing will change, and you will keep right on thinking that people like me are the problem. Hell of a system we got here. Decency. We the People. And all the other fantasies and delusions people want to keep living under. 

There's certainly somethings we agree on that I have seen, but you don't seem to grasp that plenty of us will vote for Biden in a positive manner, not as the least worst choice. So while we may agree that Gaza hasn't been handled well, there's myriad policy decisions that have led to the first net gain of lower earners in my literal lifetime, real infrastructure progress, positive energy development etc... which far outweigh it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, G650 said:

Well either you completely misrepresent yourself or you zero clue of Willie Nelson's inclinations

6 minutes ago, G650 said:

There's certainly somethings we agree on that I have seen, but you don't seem to grasp that plenty of us will vote for Biden in a positive manner, not as the least worst choice. So while we may agree that Gaza hasn't been handled well, there's myriad policy decisions that have led to the first net gain of lower earners in my literal lifetime, real infrastructure progress, positive energy development etc... which far outweigh it.

You are free to weight your political priorities as you see fit.

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

You are free to weight your political priorities as you see fit.

As are you. Typically you have a bigger issue ascribing thoughts or lack thereof to other people.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, G650 said:

As are you. 

Yeah, and the resulting conclusion is pretty straightforward from my perspective. Children buried under the rubble of buildings blown up with bombs that say MADE IN THE USA on the side, shipped in expedited fashion to fucking genocidal lunatics vs. a net gain of lower earners (whatever the fuck that actually means, is that suppose to be a good thing?).  

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Feelings above facts. 

IMG_0350.thumb.jpeg.5b116f0cd4c4934a9da4675abebfd92d.jpeg

This is pointless when "most Americans" feel that paying ANY taxes at all is too much.  The concept of taxation actually helping anyone is far beyond the comprehension of a country that watches The Masked Singer and Farmer Wants a Wife.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm on about page 300 of that monstrosity and I started it like 9 months ago.  Not sure I'm gonna get through it.

Heh.  It's insane.  I did it via audio (about 60 hours total, I think).  Interestingly, I only tired a bit in the last 10 hours or so.  Two round trip road trips from Dallas to SA, and then 30 minutes a night.

But eggs are still $5 a dozen at Tom Thumb. So, there.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trader Joe's...pasture raised, certified humane...$4.49

https://www.traderjoes.com/home/products/pdp/pasture-raised-large-brown-eggs-062124

Edited by mchookem

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm on about page 300 of that monstrosity and I started it like 9 months ago.  Not sure I'm gonna get through it.

Definitely finish it. It's a classic. My wife asked me why I was reading it and my response was "Imagine Leslie Knope, but evil". 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Anastasis said:

You keep mentioning decency, yet you support the party of cruelty. Everything the gop has done and said over the 8 years is rooted in hate, cruelty, spitefulness and just plain being assholes for the sake of being an asshole.

So stop trying to come with an air of superiority and grace because buddy, you and your party have none

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

10 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Yeah, and the resulting conclusion is pretty straightforward from my perspective. Children buried under the rubble of buildings blown up with bombs that say MADE IN THE USA on the side, shipped in expedited fashion to fucking genocidal lunatics vs. a net gain of lower earners (whatever the fuck that actually means, is that suppose to be a good thing?).

I'm curious as to how you think it's gotten worse compared to like literally every other president in our lifetime. As I said, we happen to agree on that point, but Biden has been the least warlike of any president I've been alive for sans Carter, so it's an odd thing to make yourself a single issue voter on. Homeboy is the only one who had the stones to call it a day in Afghanistan, 15 years too late.

What I mean is very clear, the only politics I care about are the support and care of the vulnerable and disenfranchised. US politics has been one big pander to a feckless, selfish and destructive middle class. For all your crocodile tears about babies getting bombed, this should be your position too as the military adventures are directly downstream of these kind of politics.

• Like 4

I'm legitimately curious what write-in candidate he thinks meets every one of his beliefs. There will almost never be a candidate that perfectly aligns with one's beliefs. You still vote for the one the better fits, or even if you hate both, the one that isn't under 91 criminal indictments, who has been determined by a jury to have committed rape, and who is less likely to launch an insurrection and attempt to declare himself a dictator.   

• Hook 'Em 1

I listened to a podcast episode where a presidential historian was discussing Trump's path to victory. She was explaining how it's unique in presidential politics that Trump doesn't appear to care about expanding his base, which has most likely shrunk since 2020. She surmised that Trump and team are looking to follow one of John Eastman's 2020 theories about how to win.

Basically Eastman proposed:

1. Create chaos and uncertainty around the election results.
  2. Convince the VP and Congress to delay the certification while they "investigate."
  3. Congress ultimately says that it's impossible to certify given the uncertainty.
  4. The only remaining constitutional option is to the let the House vote where each state gets one vote.

Obviously in 2020, they failed at step 2 but they came close. This is how Trump can win next January. Mike Johnson will see to it.

While it's important for the Dems to re-elect Biden, they can't sleep on the House. And it's not necessary just about winning the majority. They need to concentrate on specific states and races. What a screwed up system where Wyoming would have the same power as California in picking the President.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again