Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again

StassneyHorn

48 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

I don’t know if you’re a piece of shit or not, but you sure do say a lot of things that only pieces of shit say.

Fair enough.  I'm sure I can check boxes on both sides of that ledger.  My problem isn't with charity, I've participated in some form or fashion my entire life.  My problem stems from it being forced, and what is purchased (votes) with it.  But it doesn't matter, only one opinion  of hundreds of millions that participate in this country. 

39 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

"Voluntary."

Is someone forcing student loans on people?  We should stop them from forcing student loans on people that would rather pay cash. 

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

No, I believe he is a bullshitter who is 80 years old and is in cognitive decline (you can decide how much).  Just like I don't believe he went to black, Puerto Rican, and (insert group in front of you here) churches growing up, as he often claims.  I don't believe most of the shit he says.  But I haven't believed shit from the president since I was a child. 

So, you don’t like bullshit? And that made you vote for Trump? Sound reasoning.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Imma this is again what a troll pretending to be a moron looks and posts like

How is that?  Oh no, I simply cannot bear to hear an opposing opinion.  Please mod, come take care of this, even though an ignore function exists. I just cannot take it!!1!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Fair enough.  I'm sure I can check boxes on both sides of that ledger.  My problem isn't with charity, I've participated in some form or fashion my entire life.  My problem stems from it being forced, and what is purchased (votes) with it.  But it doesn't matter, only one opinion  of hundreds of millions that participate in this country.  

Let's cut to the chase. Which subsidies are OK?

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Is someone forcing student loans on people?  We should stop them from forcing student loans on people that would rather pay cash. 

There were a not unsignificant number of Americans who signed up to serve for five years minimum (per the agreement) teaching in low income schools for having up to $17,500 of their principle forgiven when they borrowed funds to attend school to become educators (Public Service Loan Forgiveness program). However, the former education secretary (DeVos) decided to make it onerous to not only file, but ultimately deny those applicants when they applied for the forgiveness, despite that being policy going back a number of years. DeVos claimed it saved money (well, no shit) but how does one put a value on 1) service to underserved communities and 2) providing financial opportunity to someone who cannot afford a college education to then discharge that opportunity to said community and raise their own standard of living? Seemed like a win-win to me. It took a lawsuit to determine the outcome.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Rage+1 1

35 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

How is that?  Oh no, I simply cannot bear to hear an opposing opinion.  Please mod, come take care of this, even though an ignore function exists. I just cannot take it!!1!

You aren't bringing a different opinion. You're bringing alternative facts and material misrepresentions of reality and insisting we accept them as true before you will engage. 

That is trolling my guy. 

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, mchookem said:

sociopath, not psychopath. he has a murder dildo fetish and total disregard for other people, but he isn't violent and hasn't actually killed anyone. that we know of. yet. 😐

My interaction with @fattyflattie leads me to another conclusion. Which informs my judgement about his personality. (Not saying he is a murderer, but he is someone who implied violence would curb my comments).

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Citizens empowered the government to tax themselves to fund the entitlements at which you chafe. IMO, they did so because of Judeo-Christian morality.

I can accept legal efforts to rescind those decisions. I will not accept, for example, SCOTUS disregarding the ninth Amendment to shitcan abortion rights. It is the definition of patriot. Want to outlaw abortion? Pass an amendment. 

FTR, both of my daughters have and will earn their UT degrees, the balance of which my wife and I earned and set aside to meet. To their credit, we were saved full price. 

I vote in favor of social responsibility for the education of the following generations. In a perfect world, those costs would not be burdened by interest. Unfortunately, there are too many voters who are sanguine about profiting from education loans.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

My interaction with @fattyflattie leads me to another conclusion. Which informs my judgement about his personality. (Not saying he is a murderer, but he is someone who implied violence would curb my comments).

200w(20).gif.b6c584cbae163ba9130588a36f85be31.gif

26 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Bruh, I'm right here.

tenor(8).gif.c21c4246b9a40cd6accf99ed4f110cad.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

You aren't bringing a different opinion. You're bringing alternative facts and material misrepresentions of reality and insisting we accept them as true before you will engage. 

That is trolling my guy. 

Claiming “the data shows” without presenting data does not make it a fact.  That may even be construed as misrepresentation of reality, and insisting someone accept it. Accusations, confessions, rah rah. 

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

receipts or nah? 

1 hour ago, Hmbre97 said:

God forbid fatty or one of his family members gets cancer or some other horrific life-changing event happens that affects his ability to make a living and provide for his family. We'll see if he keeps that same energy when the shitty healthcare choices and social service cuts he continues to vote for come home to roost someday. 

Would my insurance disappear or something?  I’m employed. 

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

your vote is bought, fatty.  it's just bought with the blood of children in uvalde and sandy hook rather than a few measly dollars.

Oooh, that’s certainly a take.  

• Fuck You 3

5 hours ago, 'stache said:

Or the banks after 2008? Or all the mega corps after Covid? Or all the companies that escape their debts in bankruptcy? Nope, just the poors, fuck em.

Don’t forget automakers 

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Claiming “the data shows” without presenting data does not make it a fact.  That may even be construed as misrepresentation of reality, and insisting someone accept it. Accusations, confessions, rah rah. 

Is this another thing where you're claiming I said something that I didn't? You're hittin the chick fil a too hard man, you're shadowboxin with ghost posts

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Is this another thing where you're claiming I said something that I didn't? You're hittin the chick fil a too hard man, you're shadowboxin with ghost posts

No, one of your teammates. Only pointing out you see what you want. It’s only a page or two back, easy to find. 

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Lucky you.

I believe you mean privileged. 

10 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

and if it's a stroke/other debilitative illness or a car accident that leaves you unable to work? You seem to have all the answers.

23 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

receipts or nah? 

Oooh, that’s certainly a take.  

lol. You asking others for receipts. I’ve watched you on 4 threads this week refuse over and over again to post videos or articles you claim are “so easy to google, I won’t do your work for you.” But you demand receipts from others. L O L

meanwhile no other posters can dig up your “obvious” links and videos. Get all the way fucked, and stay fucked. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

My thread so Im officially locking all comments on Fatty and getting back to the topic at hand.

Joe Biden kicking ass and causing union resurgence.

LOL NOT EVEN CLOSE. 72%-28%

Workers voted overwhelmingly Friday to unionize at Volkswagen’s Tennessee plant, handing a major victory to the United Auto Workers and a resurgent U.S. labor movement. The tally was 2,628 to 985 for the UAW, Volkswagen said in a statement. The election was the third attempt by workers to organize at the Chattanooga factory, where past votes have narrowly failed. It also gives the UAW, which won record wage increases at GM, Ford and Stellantis last year, its first stronghold in the largely non-union South.

Volkswagen becomes the first new automaker in the U.S. to be unionized in nearly half a century.

Friday's vote is part of an effort by the UAW to organize 13 automakers, and "could be the start of a revolution in the U.S. auto industry," per CNN.

Another vote at a Mercedes plant in Alabama will close May 17 — and organizing efforts are ongoing at a number of foreign automakers, as well as the plants of U.S. vehicle makers Tesla, Rivian and Lucid.

My own thoughts: Amazing to see such a seismic shift with the common man's decision after previously failing twice, with the last vote in 2019 before widespread COVID shutdowns and "essential workers" got shaft. Would love to see if blue collar workers in other industries have the same shifting thoughts but can't think of a good ongoing comparison. This happening in the south doesn't leave much populated areas with experience left to consider moving to in United States to skirt unions. It'd have to be Mexico if you want some fingerprint in North America. Every single Volkswagen facility was union with the exception of this, so I don't believe they/ll pack up and go anywhere. Glad to see the waig is only a month to see what, if any, immediate shockwaves carry over to the Alabama vote.

To quote Diamond Joe, this is a big fucking deal.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Well that was a pretty serious accusation, not quibbling over some random news article. 

Rules for thee and none for me, eh? Everyone is shocked, SHOCKED, you don’t adhere to the standards you demand of others. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

receipts or nah? 

I’m not hunting down the exchange. You wanted me to know I am not “that guy,” a reference I didn’t understand. Another poster clued me in, posting a video of an aggressive dude in another guys face, repeating the phrase, “you’re not that guy.” The essence was physical intimidation. Something that I don’t receive well;  stupidly, I lean into it. I speak my mind, but I’m not a bully. Nor do I tolerate them.

Edit: That aggression, your suggestion that I would wilt if confronted, combined with your lack of empathy, and your lack of loyalty, shown by your refusal to acknowledge an obligation to society, and a separation from your neighbors, your place, which you say are all means to an end, as well as your delight in manufacturing negative reactions and your tendency to state outright falsehoods (labeling folks deadbeats, despite those same people abiding by the terms of their deal,) and the gaslighting that a negative reaction to your posts means there is something wrong with those who have a negative reaction. These are the reasons I view you as a psychopath.

Edited by Willfully Horn
  • Hook 'Em 4

C'mon folks, @StassneyHorn was nice enough about it and posted a chance to change the discussion. The labor news is a good way to do so because it echos some of what went on last year with the WGA/SAG-AFTRA negotiations in the entertainment industry. Here we have a UAW emergence in a southern state with as StassneyHorn pointed out, Alabama in the queue.

Have enough people been convinced by propaganda that unions are evil or have some of the workers lifted up the curtain to see the benefits of organizing?

• Hook 'Em 5

21 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Have enough people been convinced by propaganda that unions are evil or have some of the workers lifted up the curtain to see the benefits of organizing?

It is fascinating how little discernment generations of undereducated or amoral people have had in the South.  They listen, process, agree with, and vote for people who actively govern against their best interests, both individually and collectively.  

• Like 1

I locked fatty talk guys. You are all mentally getting middle fingers.

Had a night to sleep on it, missed a glaring example of nurses and home health workers where gains could be made with union representation IMO. Quick google check showed 15 nurse strikes in 2021, 17 in 2022, and 36 in 2023.

Not sure how the dynamics of travel nurses and “staff” nurses play out, or how effective the NNU is with negotiations.

Intellectually I’m union agnostic - if labor and capital can work without it fine.  its rise in popularity however is a clear indictment of current system, no doubt. I’m all for it at this point.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Not for nothing, ownership benefits a great deal from collective bargaining provided that they have high quality management teams in place and operate in an industry with a clear division of management and non-management.  Show me a bad union in that kind of industry and I’ll show you poor management every time.

• Hook 'Em 1

So, did I hear or read that Darkness was going to try to talk Israel into recognizing Palestine and Saudi to recognize Israel?

Did I dream that it was it the Onion or something?

If it's real and he pulls that off he probably gets to be President until he dies.

4 hours ago, Slacks said:

So, did I hear or read that Darkness was going to try to talk Israel into recognizing Palestine and Saudi to recognize Israel?

Did I dream that it was it the Onion or something?

If it's real and he pulls that off he probably gets to be President until he dies.

I read this quickly and have been reading too much about M&A in ye olde Financial times because I thought you were saying “Darkness was going to try and get Israel to buy Palestine…”

The company I used to work for 10 years ago got bought out by a big boy.  Some of the guys I "grew up with" in that company got some good money in the buyout deal.

@fattyflattie who should I be angry with because of this?  To be honest, I give zero shits but it seems like in your world if some one gets something good that means we lost and we should be pissed fucking off.

I want to be pissed fucking off so I can be cool as you.  I just need to know who should be targeted, your expertise is requested.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

On 4/19/2024 at 11:16 PM, StassneyHorn said:

My thread so Im officially locking all comments on Fatty and getting back to the topic at hand.

Joe Biden kicking ass and causing union resurgence.

LOL NOT EVEN CLOSE. 72%-28%

Workers voted overwhelmingly Friday to unionize at Volkswagen’s Tennessee plant, handing a major victory to the United Auto Workers and a resurgent U.S. labor movement. The tally was 2,628 to 985 for the UAW, Volkswagen said in a statement. The election was the third attempt by workers to organize at the Chattanooga factory, where past votes have narrowly failed. It also gives the UAW, which won record wage increases at GM, Ford and Stellantis last year, its first stronghold in the largely non-union South.

Volkswagen becomes the first new automaker in the U.S. to be unionized in nearly half a century.

Friday's vote is part of an effort by the UAW to organize 13 automakers, and "could be the start of a revolution in the U.S. auto industry," per CNN.

Another vote at a Mercedes plant in Alabama will close May 17 — and organizing efforts are ongoing at a number of foreign automakers, as well as the plants of U.S. vehicle makers Tesla, Rivian and Lucid.

My own thoughts: Amazing to see such a seismic shift with the common man's decision after previously failing twice, with the last vote in 2019 before widespread COVID shutdowns and "essential workers" got shaft. Would love to see if blue collar workers in other industries have the same shifting thoughts but can't think of a good ongoing comparison. This happening in the south doesn't leave much populated areas with experience left to consider moving to in United States to skirt unions. It'd have to be Mexico if you want some fingerprint in North America. Every single Volkswagen facility was union with the exception of this, so I don't believe they/ll pack up and go anywhere. Glad to see the waig is only a month to see what, if any, immediate shockwaves carry over to the Alabama vote.

My Mercedes was built in Alabama.  I hope they go union.  Just wanted to humble brag a little bit and express support for the unions.

If you really want to scare the shit out of fattie and the other right wing losers, figure out a way to organize white collar labor.  That would be cool as shit; I would sign up today.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 4/19/2024 at 8:43 PM, Captainant said:

That is trolling my guy. 

Don’t feed the trolls.