Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again

StassneyHorn

8 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

My Mercedes was built in Alabama.  I hope they go union.  Just wanted to humble brag a little bit and express support for the unions.

If you really want to scare the shit out of fattie and the other right wing losers, figure out a way to organize white collar labor.  That would be cool as shit; I would sign up today.

My second stint at UC Berkeley was as a postdoc where, like all other postdocs and many other staff positions, I was actually represented by the UAW. This was in the physical sciences, so not the kind of crowd that would join the picket line alongside Humanities. The UAW was entitled to a small fraction of my salary, even if I wasn't a member, but my health insurance was badass.

"Hi, I'm Todd. Your UAW representative. Are you interested in becoming a member of the union? We have monthly meetings and your monthly membership dues would be XX."

"No. I'm too busy."

"I understand. Are you aware that xx of your monthly pay goes to supporting us regardless of your membership?"

"Yeah. I'm cool with that. Keep up the good work. But really, I'm too busy." 

My experience may be unique, having worked in Libtown, USA. Now, as a researcher in Corporate America with a family who thinks my healthcare premiums and deductibles are too damn high, I'd be down with union membership. Still, I think the incubator of the concept is earlier in the professional career, i.e. in academic environments, and those folks are too overworked to care, and too beholden to unsympathetic faculty.

/csb

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

The company I used to work for 10 years ago got bought out by a big boy.  Some of the guys I "grew up with" in that company got some good money in the buyout deal.

@fattyflattie who should I be angry with because of this?  To be honest, I give zero shits but it seems like in your world if some one gets something good that means we lost and we should be pissed fucking off.

I want to be pissed fucking off so I can be cool as you.  I just need to know who should be targeted, your expertise is requested.

Oh come on.  You know who you should be mad at…don’t make him say it!

On 4/19/2024 at 2:08 PM, fattyflattie said:

Man, it's almost like it's not my fucking problem.  Crazy indeed. 

Quit being such a pathetic pussy, grow the fuck up, and start acting like an actual man instead of the sniveling little snowflake you are right now. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

14 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

If you really want to scare the shit out of fattie and the other right wing losers, figure out a way to organize white collar labor.  That would be cool as shit; I would sign up today.

I work in tech, non-engineer and I would totally sign up for a union in this space.

• Hook 'Em 2

Have you guys seen this? Have you guys heard about this? My President is buying more votes.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-rule-grants-overtime-pay-4-million-us-workers-2024-04-23/

Biden rule grants overtime pay to 4 million US workers

The administration of U.S. President Joe Biden on Tuesday unveiled a rule extending mandatory overtime pay to an estimated 4 million salaried workers, going even further than an Obama-era rule that was struck down in court.
The U.S. Department of Labor rule will require employers to pay overtime premiums to workers who earn a salary of less than $1,128 per week, or about $58,600 per year, when they work more than 40 hours in a week.
The current salary threshold of about $35,500 per year was set by the Trump administration in a 2020 rule that worker advocates and many Democrats have said did not go far enough.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Crazy, I guess I have to vote for Trump now.

Things are worse for MAGA than I realized if this is the best they can do.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Wait, are you telling me that someone gave a 45min teleprompter speech in front of a crowd and at some point fucked up???   That is impossible!   So impossible that I am sure one of you "gotta trolls" will take up my challenge.  If anyone of you are willing to stand up at the next surly tailgate and give a completely perfect 45min teleprompted speech I will give you $500.   Any takers?   

But since this is such a big fucking deal lets take a look at the competition....

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, StassneyHorn said:

GDP report is fake news and election is being moved

dc972880-2e34-44c5-8395-878a1ca95db9_tex

4 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

OK fine.  Would you like to give a perfect 25min teleprompted speech at the next tailgate or not?

next time I run for President of the United States, you're on.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Wait, are you telling me that someone gave a 45min teleprompter speech in front of a crowd and at some point fucked up???   That is impossible!   So impossible that I am sure one of you "gotta trolls" will take up my challenge.  If anyone of you are willing to stand up at the next surly tailgate and give a completely perfect 45min teleprompted speech I will give you $500.   Any takers?   

But since this is such a big fucking deal lets take a look at the competition....

based on what I have seen just getting some of the participants to stand for 45 minutes would warrant like $50. 

2 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

pretty prickly.  not everyone uses this board for cheerleading.  some just want to discuss what's going on in politics.  and one of those things going on is that our president is sundowning -- and in this case, in an amusing ron burgundy-esque manner.  yes, he's still better than trump.  yes, we're still voting for biden. there's nothing trolling about that. no need to be so defensive.

• Hook 'Em 4

22 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

Fuck the NYT

According to them, the only way to ensure Biden is cognitively able to serve as POTUS again is if he sits down with the NYT so they, and only they, can determine that 

What a load of horse crap. You’re barely journalists, and definitely not doctors. 

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

NYT: Joe Biden finally sat down with us. Here’s why it may hurt him in November 

“He was clear, concise, coherent and elaborated policy in details for his  potential second term. But is it too boring for America? And what about that black lady? Is America ready for that?”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

pretty prickly.  not everyone uses this board for cheerleading.  some just want to discuss what's going on in politics.  and one of those things going on is that our president is sundowning -- and in this case, in an amusing ron burgundy-esque manner.  yes, he's still better than trump.  yes, we're still voting for biden. there's nothing trolling about that. no need to be so defensive.

defensive?  I am simply pointing out that giving public speeches and having 70% of your life recorded on TV  for a living is not as easy as it seems.  Nearly every politician fucks up speeches occasionally and posting some video of Biden doing it is not really the big take some seem to think it is.  Biden has been fucking up speeches since the 80s. Name a famous national politician and I will show you a video of him/her fucking up a speech.  What exactly do you think that proves?

8 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

defensive?  I am simply pointing out that giving public speeches and having 70% of your life recorded on TV  for a living is not as easy as it seems.  Nearly every politician fucks up speeches occasionally and posting some video of Biden doing it is not really the big take some seem to think it is.  Biden has been fucking up speeches since the 80s. Name a famous national politician and I will show you a video of him/her fucking up a speech.  What exactly do you think that proves?

My favorite all time teleprompter fuck up

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

Biden is supposed to speak at the Morehouse graduation, but there is growing pushback among students. Combine that with the TikTok ban and….

Something doesn’t smell right

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Huh. Did someone not tell his media team that Howard isn't exactly popular among the young folks anymore?

Well, there's a lot more than young folks that need to get out and vote...or stay home and vote, as it were. 

• Hook 'Em 4