Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again

StassneyHorn

1 minute ago, Longhorn Fever said:

I hope that this is true but I am not seeing it for most of my HS classmates nor their siblings, parents, aunts and uncles.

Look up npr Marist presidential poll

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

Look up npr Marist presidential poll

Careful this isn’t the opposite of the “Trump is winning young voters” phenomenon. Polling is just broken 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Hasn’t the U.S. tried to broker multiple ceasefires? And Hamas keeps rejecting them. The US isn’t a saint but the people in charge of Gaza aren’t either. And Israel is bad too. The normal everyday people of Palestine are the real victims. 

Idealistic college kids think there’s an easy solution to everything. 

It's also related to the U.S. being a leading arms dealer to Israel while also trying to condemn their war crimes.

• Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I've had it explained to me by some one-issue, pro-Palestinian young voters that while it's true Trump is worse, Biden isn't doing anything to stop the genocide in Gaza so he's just as bad. Combine that with crushing debt, little upward mobility, no ability to buy a home, and the possibly having to live with their parents again, they really don't care if things get blown up because "maybe that's necessary to give the country's attention and change things". Again, the mentality of someone who can't see the forest through the trees. They don't care if Trump will do what he says he will do because Biden isn't stopping a genocide. They're fine with burning it all down if they don't get their way. And they're all too stupid to see how they're being played. 

we spend too much time on this board saying what is right for everyone.  i've said it before about the poor/uneducated.  it might be true as you say for the yoots writ large.  the system totally works for me.  what a surprise that i'm very invested in keeping the system going, complete with a tears in my eyes salute for geo wash etc. convinced i'm the only real american here.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Careful this isn’t the opposite of the “Trump is winning young voters” phenomenon. Polling is just broken 

I get it but I trust NPR more than the others. Also their gross numbers match what the others are showing ie it’s a dead heat, and for the reasons above that have us all worried. If you look at the sub polls and consider historically who gets out and actually votes, it’s very worrisome for Trump. I mean I guess it’s possible that a group that historically doesn’t vote will turn out for Trump in record numbers, but I doubt it. And if fewer of an already small percentage stay home instead of voting for Biden, it’s not nearly as meaningful as over 45 men flipping to Biden and the elderly preferring him by 12 points 

Edited by Sawbonz

11 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I've had it explained to me by some one-issue, pro-Palestinian young voters that while it's true Trump is worse, Biden isn't doing anything to stop the genocide in Gaza so he's just as bad. Combine that with crushing debt, little upward mobility, no ability to buy a home, and the possibly having to live with their parents again, they really don't care if things get blown up because "maybe that's necessary to give the country's attention and change things". Again, the mentality of someone who can't see the forest through the trees. They don't care if Trump will do what he says he will do because Biden isn't stopping a genocide. They're fine with burning it all down if they don't get their way. And they're all too stupid to see how they're being played. 

Ask them how it’s working out for Argentina. Or in Russia, or China, where they have dictators. 

35 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I was indifferent to kids, but my wife wanted them and made it very clear early on it was a dealbreaker. I wasn’t anti-kid, I just believed I could have a happy life with or without them. We had our son in 2017. He has changed my life for the better and brings me immeasurable joy on a daily basis. He and my wife are the best things that have ever happened to me, and nothing else is even close. 

and with all that being said, knowing what I know now, I wonder if I had a do over if I’d make a different decision. I’m not saying I’d make a different decision. But I’d have to think about it. Thats the level of dread and fear I have for his future.

Yep, pretty much me to a tee as well.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Wonder how they will feel if the genocide starts hitting a bit closer to home?

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

Wonder how they will feel if the genocide starts hitting a bit closer to home?

They'll probably blame Biden/the DNC/Nancy Pelosi. 

• Rage+1 1

Don’t they understand that Trump will not stop Israel’s actions in Gaza and would likely cheer on additional actions?

Its unbelievable that young people believe it wouldn’t be worse under Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hornmpa96 said:

Don’t they understand that Trump will not stop Israel’s actions in Gaza and would likely cheer on additional actions?

They. Don't. Care.

I mean, they do, but they don't.  They don't yet understand "the consequences of my own (in)actions" 

Trump will let Bibi got hog wild on Gaza - all the human rights violations, maybe use nukes, what have you.  And then Trump and Stephen Miller will go ahead and send any U.S. Palestinians right back to Palestine to die.  And then proceed with the rest of the U.S. Muslims.  And the Mexicans.  

And you want to protest that? Yeah - Kent State 2.0.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

42 minutes ago, Longhorn Fever said:

While I agree that the young people of today need to open their eyes and realize that denying support for Biden over Trump over a single issue will likely result in the Trump being elected again, I am afraid that you'll have to pin the 2017-2021 national nightmare on folks like me who voted Libertarian or those who could not vote for either R or D candidate in 2016. My dumb ass pretty much voted all R in national elections since my first vote (Reagan '84). My eyes were opened the day after the 2016 election. I have never voted an official straight ticket until the 2018 election cycle when I voted straight D despite not supporting all D policies. We have to stem the tide of the Neo-fascists even if we have to hold our noses to vote for a candidate that may mot be perfect but is at least not GQP or GOP who refuse to grow a spine and continue to allow GQP issues to be presented as truth.

This is me almost exactly. Voted for Gary Johnson and mostly R in 2016 and before. Since 2018,  I vote straight D. If your ad mentions Trump, and they all do, no vote for you.

It gets pretty depressing in central TX. I could vote all day, every day and it won't matter in Presidential races. I'm hoping to help put Cruz out. Right.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

In their minds, Biden isn't doing anything to stop the genocide and we keep selling weapons to Israel so they are two sides of the same coin. They're fine with it all burning because they don't get what that will look like. But they'll see if he gets elected.

I don’t believe young folks are voting Trump. Just can’t see it. They are further left than Biden for sure, but how is Trump the answer? I view this the same way I view all the right wingers I know who hate Trump but vote for him anyway. Politics are just tribes these days. Who can get their tribe to show up is all that really matters.

So I suppose the fear they just won’t vote is real, but I’m not sure that is gonna happen at any rate more significant than normal. The non voters shouldn’t wag the dog. Being anti Israel isn’t a winning strategy. Some of this stuff coming out of these protests is past legitimate criticism of Israel’s actions toward Gaza. It’s just plain anti-semitic. 

I think Biden is 100 percent doing the right thing by not fully embracing either side of this since it is a complicated situation that requires being sympathetic to both sides. Not to mention, the “military industrial complex” that fuels these things is bigger than Joe Biden. MANY Democrats are paid off just like Republicans are. Americans are getting rich off these conflicts. Off taxpayers which makes it worse. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Hook'Em0608 said:

I don’t believe young folks are voting Trump. Just can’t see it. They are further left than Biden for sure, but how is Trump the answer? I view this the same way I view all the right wingers I know who hate Trump but vote for him anyway. Politics are just tribes these days. Who can get their tribe to show up is all that really matters.

So I suppose the fear they just won’t vote is real, but I’m not sure that is gonna happen at any rate more significant than normal. The non voters shouldn’t wag the dog. Being anti Israel isn’t a winning strategy. Some of this stuff coming out of these protests is past legitimate criticism of Israel’s actions toward Gaza. It’s just plain anti-semitic. 

I think Biden is 100 percent doing the right thing by not fully embracing either side of this since it is a complicated situation that requires being sympathetic to both sides. Not to mention, the “military industrial complex” that fuels these things is bigger than Joe Biden. MANY Democrats are paid off just like Republicans are. Americans are getting rich off these conflicts. Off taxpayers which makes it worse. 

part of the problem is that young people don't have to vote trump.  they just have to be less pro-biden.  we had a very close election last time with huge young turnout and huge D margin for that turnout.  those go down in either way -- even though still favoring biden in and of themselves -- spells trouble.

9 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

part of the problem is that young people don't have to vote trump.  they just have to be less pro-biden.  we had a very close election last time with huge young turnout and huge D margin for that turnout.  those go down in either way -- even though still favoring biden in and of themselves -- spells trouble.

I could be wrong for sure. 

Yeah, nobody said young voters are going to turn out for Trump.  It's just that a significant number of them either won't turn out at all or will vote for some rando 3rd party candidate.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Hasn’t the U.S. tried to broker multiple ceasefires? And Hamas keeps rejecting them. The US isn’t a saint but the people in charge of Gaza aren’t either. And Israel is bad too. The normal everyday people of Palestine are the real victims. 

Idealistic college kids think there’s an easy solution to everything. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Kind of like how some wish for loses so we can replace our coaches.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I'm laughing at a bunch of middle-aged, mostly white, guys criticizing another demographic for possibly electing Trump.

I'm sure this was uttered in 2016 as well. What followed was a real laugh riot. 

The difference is we're not all demanding policies from Biden to get us to either show up to vote for him or not stay home. The "I'm not voting for Biden because of _______" is definitely worthy of ridicule especially when you couple that with saying Trump is just as bad or Biden is worse. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mdmost said:

I'm sure this was uttered in 2016 as well. What followed was a real laugh riot. 

The difference is we're not all demanding policies from Biden to get us to either show up to vote for him or not stay home. The "I'm not voting for Biden because of _______" is definitely worthy of ridicule especially when you couple that with saying Trump is just as bad or Biden is worse. 

Furthermore,  lots of us middle age dudes have the resources not only to survive, but significantly profit from a Trump presidency since we are again voting against our (short term) financial interests.  The young, brown, and entitled who will be intimately facing the unlubed dildo of consequences are playing Russian Roulette, while us middle age guys are playing Blackjack….with house money.

18 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I'm laughing at a bunch of middle-aged, mostly white, guys criticizing another demographic for possibly electing Trump.

We're not criticizing the entire demographic, just the idiots that are apparently willing to allow Cheeto Benito back in office because they didn't get their way.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Wall Street surges after economy adds just 175,000 jobs in April

Chicago Fed President: April jobs report was "very solid"

Chicago Federal Reserve President Austan Goolsbee views April's 175,000 job gains as "very solid."

It's a sign the economy is shifting back toward pre-Covid "conventional times," he said Friday in a Bloomberg TV interview.

"In a previous world, if you said you know you're getting jobs numbers in the 175,000 to 200,000 range, people would be quite happy with that," he said.

Goolsbee, who isn't voting on monetary policy decisions this year, didn't want to say whether or not this jobs report would make him more supportive of rate cuts this year — or rate hikes, which some of his colleagues have floated recently.

But jobs reports like April's are a positive development in that they give officials more confidence that the economy is not overheating, he added.

The most perfect jobs report, for women, ever. My President, Joe Biden, has created the largest army of sugar mommas ever seen.

https://www.dol.gov/newsroom/releases/osec/osec20240503

News Release

STATEMENT BY ACTING SECRETARY OF LABOR SU ON APRIL JOBS REPORT

WASHINGTON – The U.S. Acting Secretary of Labor Julie Su issued the following statement on the April 2024 Employment Situation report: 

“Today, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that the American economy added 175,000 jobs in April, and the unemployment rate was 3.9 percent. This continues the longest stretch of such low unemployment in more than a half century.  

“Notably, the share of working age women in the labor force rose to a historic high of 78 percent. This is the highest the rate has been since we began tracking the data in 1948, and it is a welcome sign after the devastating effects that COVID-19 had on working women. Overall, the labor force participation rate among prime-age workers continues to outpace its pre-pandemic levels.  

“Once again, this report shows steady, stable economic growth under President Biden, and those gains are broadly felt across industries and among a diverse cross-section of America’s workers. The Biden-Harris administration will continue to work to ensure our economy doesn’t just return to pre-pandemic norms, but that it instead grows equitably, where all of America’s workers can gain real security and opportunity.” 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

On 4/29/2024 at 10:21 PM, ChiTownDoc said:

It is absolutely this simple.  Now the rich folks need some block of poor/middle class folks to vote against their best interests and this group of morons is who they have.  There's a reason so many billionaires were like fuck no to trump, then when it became apparent he was the guy, several jumped on board.  I'm actually more shocked by the number of rich folks this clown has lost.  

Like Ken Griffin: https://www.ft.com/content/38563d9a-952a-4613-a1e9-a65ef153e16e

Koch assholes: google is your friend

The billionaires who are jumping on board are doing so for one reason: They know that if they don't jump on board, and The DoTARd wins, he will go after them. Just like he's said he will. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/2/2024 at 11:56 AM, Fudge Nuggets said:

If these fucks sit out the election and dotard wins, I hope he reinstates their previously cancelled student loans and applies a 25% per month no payment penalty on the balance 

The students protesting and threatening to not vote for Biden aren't yet paying student loans, so they are not benefitting from the loan forgiveness that Biden has been pushing. 

5 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

The billionaires who are jumping on board are doing so for one reason: They know that if they don't jump on board, and The DoTARd wins, he will go after them. Just like he's said he will. 

Some sure, but if you're worth 10's of billions you can tell whoever you want to fuck themselves, including POTUS. 

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Some sure, but if you're worth 10's of billions you can tell whoever you want to fuck themselves, including POTUS. 

lol, ok, until he drone strikes your house. or uses that ginsu knife weapon we have to dice you to bits while your driver takes to you some snooty event

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lol, ok, until he drone strikes your house. or uses that ginsu knife weapon we have to dice you to bits while your driver takes to you some snooty event

He's all talk.  Putin?  Yeah, different story.  

Trump round 2 may end up like Fred Trump in his last years.  Build a fake oval office in jail with a phone and everything.  Let him pretend away the 4 years.  Yes sir, you did just nuke Ken Griffin.  He's very upset about it.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/2/2024 at 8:48 AM, Horn Dog said:

If Trump wins this fall, and it turns out the college kids sat out in large numbers or voted for Trump, these dumb shits will truly deserve what will happen.  I will just take my sizable tax cuts, buy a overseas residence and a new popcorn machine, and watch with fascination at the flood of "I can't believe the leopards ate my face" outrage on TikTok. 

This.  I'm an upper-middle class (maybe upper class?) white male with no kids.  I'mma be ok.  

100093c5-3225-49e2-8207-31ac606af2ec_tex

Gen Z?  Good luck y'all.

This.  I'm an upper-middle class (maybe upper class?) white male with no kids.  I'mma be ok.  
100093c5-3225-49e2-8207-31ac606af2ec_text.gif

Gen Z?  Good luck y'all.

Wife and I will be taking our Gen A kid and watching from afar.

And MS Medicaid expansion is dead. Work requirement for in way. Lot of good Republicans in the state house recognize the problems with rural healthcare and it sucks to see it get caught up on work requirements. 200k people would’ve been affected in a positive way.

1 hour ago, Goofyboy said:

Wife and I will be taking our Gen A kid and watching from afar.

I’ll take my American wife and my Mexican children back to Mexico. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2024 at 7:13 PM, StassneyHorn said:

Someone please help Boss Hogg. “Haven’t seen the content disputed” when every outlet says it hasn’t been authenticated and fucking Project Veritas wouldn’t even run it.

Happy Jobsgiving eve

On 4/4/2024 at 8:29 PM, StassneyHorn said:

Just because you can’t comprehend how a stolen book with handwritten entries can’t be authenticated, doesn’t mean I will do that homework for you.

Keefe does not get the benefit of the doubt due to his history. I’ll leave you with a link to their Wikipedia so you can add in “PROVE IT!!!!” under all their examples of being shitgibbons.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Veritas

On 4/4/2024 at 8:19 PM, SubliminalHorn said:

Yeah Project Veritas decided to take the high road here, that’s more believable 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 24

On 5/3/2024 at 8:41 PM, StassneyHorn said:

And MS Medicaid expansion is dead. Work requirement for in way. Lot of good Republicans in the state house recognize the problems with rural healthcare and it sucks to see it get caught up on work requirements. 200k people would’ve been affected in a positive way.

The GOP will look for carve outs for rural white folk. They don't see that as handouts.