Nick Saban Retirement + Alabama Corch Search Megathread - Deals with Satan Do Expire

BurntOrange&White

Without being too puss, it would seem on par for sark to really be a candidate and put us in some jam. We should be pressing Ryan Williams right this second and say…..Dan lanning there seems the most “scary” long term but would cut Oregon from recruiting ideally for a year or two. 

And I was a couple seconds late on calling him right about meow

Man did not think he would retire this soon. He was a formidable opponent. Like slaying the dragon so to speak and glad we were able to do that once. College football is ever changing and in some ways not for the better but damn he was good. Whether you like him or respect him or not, he will be missed, except by the schools that could never beat him. Across the landscape of football there hasn’t been in the last decade a coach or a team I wanted to beat more. Damn. Stunning news. Can’t believe Seattle fired Pete Carroll today. The fuck is going on?? 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Without being too puss, it would seem on par for sark to really be a candidate and put us in some jam. We should be pressing Ryan Williams right this second and say…..Dan lanning there seems the most “scary” long term but would cut Oregon from recruiting ideally for a year or two. 

If Dan Lanning is dumb enough to commit career suicide at 37 then let him.

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

NIL did him in.  and Texas has deeper pockets.  'Bama had the best players because Saban won.  Not because "they're 'Bama".  Back to the way it was boys.  

Who knew that a state economy based on cousin fuckin and mobile homes wouldn’t finance #1 recruiting classes in perpetuity 

• Haha 2

Man did not think he would retire this soon. He was a formidable opponent. Like slaying the dragon so to speak and glad we were able to do that once. College football is ever changing and in some ways not for the better but damn he was good. Whether you like him or respect him or not, he will be missed, except by the schools that could never beat him. Across the landscape of football there hasn’t been in the last decade a coach or a team I wanted to beat more. Damn. Stunning news. Can’t believe Seattle fired Pete Carroll today. The fuck is going on?? 
We were one of two teams to beat him during his last rodeo, and one of a very small handful to do it in Tuscaloosa
  • Hook 'Em 3

On a base level, Kiffin makes a ton of sense. I get the feeling he's too outspoken for most of the money at Alabama. However, he does everything well that I think Saban was falling behind on. NIL and Transfer Portal. It sure would make a ton of sense, even though I don't think he's the best straight up coach available.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Is this in English?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Just now, 'stache said:

Never be the guy to follow the legend. It’s been proven time and time again. Sark ain’t taking that job.

This they will be told no by the Smart/Lanning/DeBoer/Sark brigade as none of them will commit career suicide at this point.

That's when they will have to pony up to get Dabo who will go because it's his alma mater he's old enough and probably sick of CFB with NIL & portal he won't mind falling on the sword so they can bring in someone after without the challenges of following the GOAT.

48 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Whoever runs the surlyhorns Twitter account: Saban lost to Ron Zook's Florida 19-7 in 2003 (the year of the split national championship).

That was an enjoyable game. LSU ran a punt back for seven - and that was the last point they scored.

• immamac changed the title to Nick Saban Retirement + Alabama Corch Search Megathread - Deals with Satan Do Expire
  • Pancho locked this topic