Nick Saban Retirement + Alabama Corch Search Megathread - Deals with Satan Do Expire

BurntOrange&White

10 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

Who is surprised?

Me.

Quitting making 8 digits a year to be the most famous, powerful person in your state when you're still very good at your job? Pretty hard to walk away from.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, aggie08 said:

Me.

Quitting making 8 digits a year to be the most famous, powerful person in your state when you're still very good at your job? Pretty hard to walk away from.

he can now make $5or 6 M a year to be a college football analyst with his only stress being which tie to wear on the TV

• Hook 'Em 3

• immamac changed the title to Nick Saban Retirement Megathread - Deals with Satan Do Expire
1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Me.

What?  He's probably worth $100M and rides off into the sunset as arguably the best CFB coach of all time with time left to be the king of the state and spend time with the family.  Guy's also a great announcer

Nick Saban reportedly shopping for real estate in Austin.  (checks notes).  Make that Sun City in Georgetown.  

Wow, figured this was coming next year, not this one.  Gotta tip your hat to the man, he build an epic dynasty in an era when it wasn't easy to do even with favorable refs and poll voters.  Damn impressive job he did.  Deserves to go out any way he likes.  By most accounts, didn't really do it all that slimy either compared to most in the SEC.  Watching this coaching shuffle on both his staff and others at high profile programs should make for some interesting pre-spring football banter.  

Well played Nick, well played...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Me.

I don't think it is.

He's won more than any coach in the history of college football.

Has made enough $ for multiple lifetimes.

He's 72.

• Hook 'Em 2

Out of the coaches that Bama would consider, the vast majority will probably just use the opportunity for a pay bump at their own school. Nobody coaching at a school that can afford to match bama's offer wants to follow Saban at Bama. Jimmy Sexton gonna make another $20 mil this spring just in commissions for the coaching deals he's gonna orchestrate. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Me.

isn’t his car group worth close $1bil ?

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

STAY AWAY FROM SARK YOU FUCKING GUMPS

Co-sign.  Sark will be getting a phone call.  We best have a plan.

13 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

NIL killed the Bama dynasty and Saban knew it

And there's definitely a good bit of this.  Bama could keep up with Saban and their recent history making up for their lack of cash, compared to the big boys....but not indefinitely.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, AUS-97HORN said:

he can now make $5or 6 M a year to be a college football analyst with his only stress being which tie to wear on the TV

He’ll make this plus the money he gets from donors paying for his luxury cars to give recruits.  

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Sark to Bama 

reasons why not:

1. following a legend is a coaching suicide

2. we will not be out bid

3. pride of ownership over what he has built here

4. we're in the SEC now.  no conference upgrade in play

5. Sark and wife have a little Hollywood in them.  Austin is much more "Hollywood" city than Tuscaloosa

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

if it were me, i'd go after lanning from oregon or see if ol' pete carroll still has the energy/juice.  lol, pete carroll in tuscafuckingloosa redneck capital of the world after 20 years in l.a. and seattle is kind of a hilarious idea.

anyway, @4th&Five said something funny and profound to me today...mack brown outlasted nick.

15 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So... does that mean this Bama class is now all available to be poached?

NIL killed the Bama dynasty and Saban knew it

100%. He wants no part of the portal and NIL. When he can't have 10000% control of everything he knew it was time to go.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Co-sign.  Sark will be getting a phone call.  We best have a plan.

16 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

He was already getting a raise and an extension.  Now it just got more lucrative for Sark. 

1 minute ago, Pablo said:

In here to say Fuck you Saban for the championship in 2009.

You were good because you had the best bag men and the best players, so respect, I guess.

Yeah, thats kind of how college coaching works. 

Despite having their NIL game in order, I think a lot of older coaches are really getting burned out on recruiting being an NIL bidding war.  He used to just say "come to Bama.  We kick ass every year and send dozens of players to the league."  Now he has to tie $$ to it.  Not that there wasn't some hanky panky going on before, but just everyone now has their hand out.

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

98c41290-3e5b-4496-b58f-61b1b6b0ee8f_tex

and call timeouts they are not cell phone rollover minutes

12 minutes ago, Blotto said:

A&M filled up on bread when the portal is  fixin to have surf and turf. 

Pre-portal we do need to go after Ryan Williams fo sho

• immamac changed the title to Nick Saban Retirement + Alabama Corch Search Megathread - Deals with Satan Do Expire
  • Pancho locked this topic