Nick Saban Retirement + Alabama Corch Search Megathread - Deals with Satan Do Expire

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

My theory is that Seattle/the PNW is a well known gestation area for serial killers. Doboer has spent several years now murdering vagrants and call girls on the side. Now he has an opportunity to head to new hunting grounds, where the hotter temps help bodies decompose quicker. 

Play diagrams?  Nope, his symbol.

The-BTK-symbol-Mindhunter-2121516.jpg

49 minutes ago, Waterboarder said:

I'd agree they require different skill sets, but yeah...NFL much tougher than CFB. Fucking Jimbo won in CFB

Correct. The talent margin in the NFL is razor-thin. Coaching acumen is HUGE in the NFL. A college coach's best attribute is attracting talent to campus. If he can coach as well, that's a bonus.

26 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

I'm gonna love it if it is Mike Stoops and he proceeds to go 10-0 vs. aggy. 

Mark, or Mike. Whatever.

4 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

My theory is that Seattle/the PNW is a well known gestation area for serial killers. Doboer has spent several years now murdering vagrants and call girls on the side. Now he has an opportunity to head to new hunting grounds, where the hotter temps help bodies decompose quicker. 

So ... KDK5H?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Ehhh... We still don't know good a recruiter he is.

Also still don't know who his DC will be. That's going to make or break his time there. It's the one area he struggled trying to solve at Washington as well.

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, burntorangebongos said:

He beat Sark and Lanning twice. If those 3 guys are Klatt's top picks then DeBoer should be first of the 3 and put Bama in a good position to keep trucking. Especially if Saban sticks around to work the alumni. 

I mean, context here matters. Beating the 2022 longhorns without Bijan and others isn’t really anything. Would we say Sark is clearly better if Mitchell had caught that last pass? Are we sure about how good he is without a QB in his mid-20s with freakish accuracy and first round WRs?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

This is bullshit. I wanted to see chaos that ended with Bill O'brien at Bama or the back with the Texans 

We've been spoilt by the 3 Ring Shitshow aggy throws every 5-6 years.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I mean, context here matters. Beating the 2022 longhorns without Bijan and others isn’t really anything. Would we say Sark is clearly better if Mitchell had caught that last pass? Are we sure about how good he is without a QB in his mid-20s with freakish accuracy and first round WRs?

Yea. I'm sure Sark is worried sick about this. I ain't.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Yeah, it matters how many wins you have over other programs....you find ways to beat your opponent, especially if they've beaten you before. Fuck letting someone keep scoreboard on you. 

• Drool 1

I wouldn’t want to follow Saban and the gump crowd of unrealistic expectations. We’ve seen what happens to most coaches that take a big time job and fail. They end up nowhere. See: strong and Herman for examples. Hell billy Gillespie went from Kentucky which was way over his head to tarleton St. If he got 9 mill to stay at Washington I would have said ok I’m staying. Let someone else go and get destroyed by the Saban fans for 2 years and get run out of town then take the job. 

When we were looking for a coach Kalen DeBoer was on some of our radars because of his path being similar to Jim Tressel and Urban Meyer. Now he is about to become the Alabama head coach and I think Alabama has once again made a very good choice. On November 29th, 2020 I sent an email to the ADs office suggestion Kalen DeBoer get an interview because I believed in his resume compared to the mentioned coaches that had won NCs in the 2000's. With that said Sark needs to kick this guys ass on his next chance.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

It was never going to be Lame ass Kiffin or Dabo. Saban ain’t handing his efforts over to either of those clowns. DeBoer is better than Lanning. Sark would have been a contender if he were at some other school not Texas. This will be fascinating to watch DeBoer work with Saban because we all know he isn’t some silent type. He will help grease the wheels with boosters and with the recruiting side and probably give him a lot of great advice. Of all the names out there I figured DeBoer would be the slam dunk and guy most able to continue the path. Bama wasn’t going to wander around in the desert. Winning means too much. 

32 minutes ago, ITHorn said:

I cannot wait to see what he does once Saban's players leave/transfer out. Even with the Alabama brand, he's going to have to put in as much if not more work at Bama to attract/keep a high level of talent. I think the Huskies may find they dodged a bullet at over 9MM a year as time goes on and they settle in a middling Big 10 team.

There is no world where it’s harder to get players to Alabama than to Washington.  All these recruits have seen is Bama dominate since they have been alive, there’s a Saban factor for sure but it’s still Alabama let’s not get crazy.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, futureman said:

Sark’s pretty good but it’s not fair to compare him to Saban as a coach.  He’ll never be close to Saban. 

7 titles?  Nope. Longevity, belovedness, player development,  synonymous with the program?  Sure he does. 

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

Someone said Deboer’s daughter is a softball player at UW, so I’m surprised Bama hired him knowing how their fans would view that alternative lifestyle.

They don't give a shit so long as Bama wins. Deboer could have a alternative orgy every night if he wins.

Anyway fucking hell, Bama made a great hire. Here is hoping it fails anyway.

4 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Someone said Deboer’s daughter is a softball player at UW, so I’m surprised Bama hired him knowing how their fans would view that alternative lifestyle.

Bama loves their softball though

Second program east of the Mississippi to win an NCAA title and first SEC team to do it.  

Edited by Js1
  • Drool 1

36 minutes ago, ITHorn said:

I cannot wait to see what he does once Saban's players leave/transfer out. Even with the Alabama brand, he's going to have to put in as much if not more work at Bama to attract/keep a high level of talent. I think the Huskies may find they dodged a bullet at over 9MM a year as time goes on and they settle in a middling Big 10 team.

I don't know why you think there's automatically going to be a significant exodus of players.  Unless Deboer comes into the first team meeting acting like a complete asshole, the players will see a coach who just played in the national title game and I think most will stick around.

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Isn’t having/keeping some version of those along with knowing how to use them the most important part of being a college coach? Both of those functions he has seemed to be able to do well.

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Bama loves their softball though

Yeah Softball is huge in the SEC. I still remember that one year where every single one of their teams was put in the NCAA tournament. Never seen a last place team get put in a NCAA tournament before.

36 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Then why haven't I met Nicole yet? Hmmmm? We have lakes too, ya know....

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I mean, context here matters. Beating the 2022 longhorns without Bijan and others isn’t really anything. Would we say Sark is clearly better if Mitchell had caught that last pass? Are we sure about how good he is without a QB in his mid-20s with freakish accuracy (sometimes) and first round WRs?

41 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Congrats. Now we (and the FBI) know why you live in ATL

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1