Nick Saban Retirement + Alabama Corch Search Megathread - Deals with Satan Do Expire

BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

There is no world where it’s harder to get players to Alabama than to Washington.  All these recruits have seen is Bama dominate since they have been alive, there’s a Saban factor for sure but it’s still Alabama let’s not get crazy.  

No, but there is a world in which it's harder for DeBore to pull the type of classes and depth that Bama had under Saban compared to what he was doing at UW. He'll still pull the high end starting talent Bama has gotten used to, but to assume a guy who isn't known to be a killer recruiter is just going to accumulate the high end depth Saban had is naive IMO. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I mean, context here matters. Beating the 2022 longhorns without Bijan and others isn’t really anything. Would we say Sark is clearly better if Mitchell had caught that last pass? Are we sure about how good he is without a QB in his mid-20s with freakish accuracy and first round WRs?

You think he had those at Sioux Falls when he was winning championships?

1 minute ago, lilMAC25 said:

You think he had those at Sioux Falls when he was winning championships?

No, I have no idea if he had any sort of talent advantages at Sioux Falls, and I’m not denying that he’s a really good coach. I’m saying that h2h wins in a few games doesn’t necessarily tell us much about how good of a coach he is relative to Sark or Lanning. 

3 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

No, I have no idea if he had any sort of talent advantages at Sioux Falls, and I’m not denying that he’s a really good coach. I’m saying that h2h wins in a few games doesn’t necessarily tell us much about how good of a coach he is relative to Sark or Lanning. 

That Alamo Bowl victory where Bijan and Roschon opted out and Worthy was injured is certainly nothing to hang his hat on. 

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Which SEC division does Sioux Falls play in?

Always Sunny Eye Roll GIF

Which SEC division has Sark ever been a HC in?

He might fall on his face and be horrible, but he’s won everywhere he’s ever been a coach. He took a shit team (4-8 the year before he was hired, 11-2 in 2022) in Washington to the CFP (14-1).

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 3

Are we expecting any portal athletes from Georgia? Getting on my flight from Austin to Atlanta and definitely a Georgia player on my plane. Could just have family here though. 

I was trying to visualize DeBoer with the Bear Bryant style hat on. Could never see Saban in that look but Saban beyond exceeded everyone’s wildest expectations .

Is there a lake near/around Atlanta? Check your DMs for a Surly Mission! Don’t worry, the message will self destruct after 5 seconds.

17 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

5-0 against those 2 guys. Thats not exactly a fluke.

• Hook 'Em 2

I hope they're crying today in stupid Leavenworth, Washington.

Last summer, which we visited that fake, bizarrely kitschy, German-styled alpine town. It's a cross between Disneyland's, "It's a Small World" and Twin Peaks, with Blue Velvet thrown in for freak-show effect. All the poor store staff and food servers are forced to wear lederhosen, haha. Unlike Fredericksburg, there is no direct German tie-in. It was a marketing decision made in the 60's to make the town a German tourist attraction. The mountains are pretty, though.    

I hope they set up a big screen in the weird town center for the championship game, and drank their sorrows away with their bad German beer.

1 hour ago, Deej said:

aggy is a football school and they are never good at football. 

Speaking of them,

I haven't looked; this whole outcome may be such an interesting thought process for them. Didn't some of their fans want DeBoer and he wasn't interested so they badmouthed him cause he wasn't SEC capable or something? But now, they don't play Bama this year I don't think; so, if this year goes poorly for him they can talk about how they dodged a bad coach. But then the next year if Bama were to beat them, then it's because Texas obviously politically lured DeBoer to coach at Bama.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Meddlesome BMD that were calling the shots even though they didn't know shit.

Well, at least there was one BMD that publicly stated it was stupid decision to hire Charlie Strong as a head coach. Maybe a coordinator, but not a head coach.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I hope they're crying today in stupid Leavenworth, Washington.

Last summer, which we visited that fake, bizarrely kitschy, German-styled alpine town. It's a cross between Disneyland's, "It's a Small World" and Twin Peaks, with Blue Velvet thrown in for freak-show effect. All the poor store staff and food servers are forced to wear lederhosen, haha. Unlike Fredericksburg, there is no direct German tie-in. It was a marketing decision made in the 60's to make the town a German tourist attraction. The mountains are pretty, though.    

I hope they set up a big screen in the weird town center for the championship game, and drank their sorrows away with their bad German beer.

The Upper Enchantments hike near Leavenworth is most beautiful I’ve ever witnessed. After 5 days on the trail, that German food and beer hit the spot, genuine or not.

• Hook 'Em 5