Sub-Educated Cretins: The SEC screenshot mega-thread

SimkinsMan

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

That article was click bait. The dude basically writes a paragraph that says we are not back and we are in for a rude awakening. His reasoning is because we play Georgia and Michigan. And then he leaves himself an out on his last line.

What a d bag

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Just go visit secrant for 5 minutes.  It's even worse than you can imagine.

They are quite full of themselves over there, but don’t seem to realize it is mostly hot air and bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

Rude awakening? I think most rational fans aren't expecting an undefeated season including winning the SEC on our first try? I think what we do expect is 3 losses as the floor and a shot at the playoffs again. I think there are several other fanbases (including Bama) that may have a far ruder awakening...but we'll see.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Since A&M left the Big 12, per Sagarin computer rankings, here is the average SOS for Texas, A&M, Alabama, and OU
Texas - 14.75
Bama - 15
A&M - 29
OU - 17.5
We have played tougher schedules than A&M because we have played 9 conference games plus a tough nonconference while A&M only plays 8 conference games, has a gimme annual versus South Carolina, and has a joke nonconference schedule that includes one or two FCS bye weeks per year.

The SEC will have to go to 9 conference games after’24. This coming season most of us have two bye weeks, let alone the SEC cupcake week in November.

Let’s not forget that in “Johnny’s Magical Season,” they actually played TWO FCS teams. Talk about helping the stats outside of yes beating Bama.

Hook’em!!!

6 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

The SEC will have to go to 9 conference games after’24. This coming season most of us have two bye weeks, let alone the SEC cupcake week in November.

Let’s not forget that in “Johnny’s Magical Season,” they actually played TWO FCS teams. Talk about helping the stats outside of yes beating Bama.

Hook’em!!!

The SEC is only going to go to 9 conference games, when ESPN is ready to pay for it.

16 hours ago, morehornsepower said:

So the schedule is going to kill us, except that it is easy.

And the schedule is easy, except for 2 of the top 6 preseason teams - and 1 of those on the road.

Got it.

But one just lost their HC, and I'm not sure his replacement will work out, especially after losing a ton of their upperclassmen. 

On 1/21/2024 at 10:47 PM, henrygandorf said:

and no one heard from them ever again…

Speaking of Nebraska... did George stroke out when the officials put 1 second back on the clock against Washington?

Wow. This is more fun than I guessed it would be.

image.png.7ece818df940430fb2dc6088e2dfd09d.png

The name would better fit Alabama.

image.png.11c95e4ed86de6da44768286eb25f395.png

We already had better teams than Bama.

image.png.9e7ab4ffaff5d4e5e878c069942c42a9.png

Clearly an upgrade from whoever your coach was before.

image.png.22fb45ab3750480496c9076e83c9b290.png

It already is. Look up the word, dumbass.

image.png.1b59bb44d3ca5f6f6174e8fcd62e89d2.png

image.png.2914670e66ae99bf80b39fb5fc68bded.png

image.png.062a70d06627049221b0a2ddaf2fd84d.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 1/21/2024 at 11:27 PM, Bigpoppapump said:

“It was my first time at buc—ee’s, it was so big and nice, coach kelly helped me when I couldn’t find the jerky station.”

Kelly is the jerky station.

bk-lsu.gif

Wonder if Tide fans are as wound up over Joey's kidnapping of Trey Amos. I suspect they aren't. They probably can rationalize that as the fightin' Oxfords being "real SEC" and thus having somewhat earned the right to pillage their village. Mean ol' Texas is another matter. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Tigerdroppings posts in the topic about LSU locking down the state and Mack signing with Texas.

Screenshot_20240207_210200_Chrome.jpg

I’d say this is obviously someone being intellectually dishonest by attributing Charlie Strong’s and Tom Herman’s shortcomings to the current Texas program, but, considering the source, “intellectually dishonest” may be giving too much credit. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5