Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

4 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

SARASOTA, Fla. (WWSB) - As of July 1, Florida law no longer recognizes classes of driver's licenses from five states as part of sweeping anti-illegal immigration legislation. The law focuses on specific classes of driver's licenses in Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Rhode Island and Vermont.

https://www.mysuncoast.com/2023/07/07/heres-list-invalid-classes-drivers-license-that-florida-no-longer-accepts/#:~:text=SARASOTA%2C Fla.,Hawaii%2C Rhode Island and Vermont.

So a link to an ABC affiliate is disinformation?

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

You linked a 111 page thread? That’s ridiculous even for you. Link the specific tweet you are talking about

If your focus is disinfo, start with the tweet that is the origin of the thread. That the thread spans 111 pages only bolsters my position. 

Edited by Anastasis

Just now, Anastasis said:

If your focus is disinfo, start with the tweet that is the origin of the thread.  

Reread my request to you. If you aren’t interested in responding i good faith just say so. You wonder why no one takes you seriously anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

One of the top threads on that board, a thread that was started on the basis of embedded tweets from Rebekah Jones, is claiming that the state of Florida has invalidated drivers licenses from multiple other states. 

I know that reality basis is hard for some people here. 

25 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Link 

21 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Try to pay attention bonz. 

Struggle bus. 

28 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

JFC. This is one of the richest men on the planet. Fucking simulation. 

A guy who was CEO of a company whose board fired him while he was on a honeymoon, who is watching as nearly half of his users go to another site, who has had 10 kids by three different women, whose last baby momma left him for another woman, and one of his oldest twins came out as a trans woman and changed her last name because she wanted nothing to do with Musk (both of these things are probably why he takes potshot at the LBGTQ folks), and based on his tweets implying that he spends his days and nights at work (or hanging out at raves where nobody gives a shit about him), doesn't see his kids that often.

Meanwhile, Zuck, as much as we hate him, has been married to the same woman for 11 years, seems to have a very good relationship with both his wife and his kids, and posts the occasional photo of he and his family that..looks like what you'd think a robot with a human wife and three kids would look like on vacation, complete with dorky hats.

But Zuck is the cuck.

Sure Jan GIF

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Can you link 3 individual twitter embeds from CR threads showing disinformation that have not been refuted by posters?

I’ll hang up and listen 

6 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Struggle bus. 

Are you really drunk or having a stroke?

Edited by Sawbonz

On 12/7/2020 at 9:59 PM, Sawbonz said:

I read they knocked on her door and waited 20 minutes for her to come down. Her husband and kids were upstairs. The first cop with his gun drawn had it at his side the whole time. The second guy seemed more of a dick but I don’t see him pointing it at anyone specifically although the upstairs is not in frame. 

Obviously shitty and partisan but not sure it’s gestapo level based on that limited view 

Lol. Post 16 on that thread 

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/tesla-hiring-seasonal-test-drivers-in-austin-14-other-cities/

Tesla will begin hiring drivers who will help test vehicle performances, according to job postings on the vehicle manufacturer’s website Sunday.

The company is seeking applicants who, if hired, will serve as a “seasonal vehicle operator.” These employees will “operate a vehicle in a designated area for data collection” and help write drive reports detailing on observations or issues, per a job posting.

The positions are described as “at-will, temporary” work, with the assignment expected to last roughly three months. The expected compensation is listed between $18 and $48 per hour.

• Austin, Texas
  • Brooklyn, New York
  • Elgin, Illinois
  • Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
  • Draper, Utah
  • Denver, Colorado
  • Bellevue, Washington
  • Marina Del Rey, California
  • Miami, Florida
  • Boynton Beach, Florida
  • Roswell, Georgia
  • Tempe, Arizona
  • Farmer’s Branch, Texas
  • Peabody, Massachusetts
  • Fremont, California

https://www.tesla.com/careers/search/job/seasonal-vehicle-operator-197323

We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter to join our vehicle data collection team. The Vehicle Operator role is responsible for capturing high quality data that will contribute to the improvement of our vehicles  performance. This role requires a high level of flexibility, attention to detail, and ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Day/night shift positions available.  

What You’ll Do

• Operate a vehicle in a designated area for data collection  
  • Start/Stop recording devices and do minor equipment/software debugging when necessary. Analyze/report data collected during shift  
  • Provide feedback and suggest improvements to improve data collection processes 
  • Write daily drive reports detailing observations and issues  
  • Check vehicle is in proper and safe working order every day 

As a full-time Tesla seasonal employee, you will be eligible for:

• Aetna medical plan with an HSA (Health Savings Account) with a $0 employee cost
  • Employee contribution into an HSA
  • Dental and vision plans with a $0 employee cost
  • Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
  • 401(k) and other financial benefits
  • Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
  • LGBTQ+ care concierge services
  • Employee Assistance Program
  • Sick time after 90 days of employment and Paid Holidays
  • Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
  • Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
  • Commuter benefits
  • Employee discounts and perks program

Hopefully Elon doesn't see those benefits and starts removing them.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Anastasis said:

This is of course true. But there is clear body of emerging evidence related to the psychopathology associated with algo driven social media consumption. Perhaps we could nip that in the bud in this community by turning that shit off. 

image.thumb.png.30487f6691a81d9e66a9bf0e1337abf9.png

My general understanding is most research on this topic is fairly limited to adolescents and young adults. Love to see some research on other age groups on this topic.

Side note, as far as I know on this topic, research at almost any level isn't broken out by algorithm driven vs any other kind of social media consumption as well so love to see some research on that as well.

Love to see some additional reading on this topic that backs up specifically the info you are saying on age groups and algorithmic vs time based social media consumption.

I still haven't figured out why he thinks that is different than any other link under the sun. I mean, I know the answer is he doesn't, he is just being a tit as usual, but it will never cease to be a bizarre way to spend one's time.

And it seems "algorithm" is the new "CIA drone" in Anastasis compulsion speak.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Well, it’s official. He used cuck non ironically on someone who, as far as we know, isn’t actually a cuck. Short of calling guys a Beta and complaining how unfair it is that women decide a man’s value these days, I’m not sure there is a more glaring blinking sign that Elon prescribed to incel talking points. Imagine being the worlds richest man and giving not just this much, but any kind of a fuck what people think? It’s like Wilt Chamberlain getting hung up on a one night stand’s opinion on his performance.  

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 3

Also, lol at Anastasis. “Post 3 specific disinformation links that haven’t been refuted by posters.”

”here’s a link to Reddit.com. They’re all over there, go find them.” 

Cant even do the most basic shit to support his bull shit claim, and then Willfully does the work for him and proved he’s full of shit. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Also, lol at Anastasis. “Post 3 specific disinformation links that haven’t been refuted by posters.”

”here’s a link to Reddit.com. They’re all over there, go find them.” 

Cant even do the most basic shit to support his bull shit claim, and then Willfully does the work for him and proved he’s full of shit. 

i was assuming there would be more of a point about disinformation and twitter impacting people here...then he shared a 111 page link in the CR as his example?

literally, there is nowhere on the internet i give less of a fuck about than the CR. nowhere.

my general thoughts on CR posters can be outlined below:

dave-chappelle-haters-club.gif

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

i was assuming there would be more of a point about disinformation and twitter impacting people here...then he shared a 111 page link in the CR as his example?

literally, there is nowhere on the internet i give less of a fuck about than the CR. nowhere. i hope those clowns twist themselves into a knot about every topic over there.

my general thoughts on CR posters can be outlined below:

dave-chappelle-haters-club.gif

Sir, I post in the CR.

As do a huge chunk of posters on this thread.  Maybe it’s not as bad as you’ve been lead to believe. Unless you’re into Fascism. 

image.gif.e5519a3d5f88015173f419dcc0fc8036.gif

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

For those of you postulating that there has been a change in Anastasis over the last few years, I agree that he has gotten a little more bold and egotistical ever since a critically acclaimed television show based a character off of him.

spacer.png

That's an insult to Colin Robinson

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Sir, I post in the CR.

As do a huge chunk of posters on this thread.  Maybe it’s not as bad as you’ve been lead to believe. Unless you’re into Fascism. 

image.gif.e5519a3d5f88015173f419dcc0fc8036.gif

oops on that front. i avoid that place like the plague. if i wanted to see a bunch of people talk politics i would go read nextdoor or a local FB group.

Sorry Not Sorry School GIF

i should have been more specific, i am talking about the folks who MAINLY post there and nowhere else.

twitter embeds are a good ad the poster sourcing the information. might as well complain at the link posting accepted practice. if there is misinformation, highlight it and refute it just like anyone would a zerohedge link. 

it's a little weird that twitter embed functionality is your singular misinformation fetish. 

• Hook 'Em 7

7 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

twitter embeds are a good ad the poster sourcing the information. might as well complain at the link posting accepted practice. if there is misinformation, highlight it and refute it just like anyone would a zerohedge link. 

it's a little weird that twitter embed functionality is your singular misinformation fetish. 

It's one of the many hills he's picked to die on.  It just happens to be today's hill.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Ultimately, Twitter was just a party line group text that everyone was in on - the 144 character limit is literally an artifact of their SMS origins. It's not always accurate but it is the best resource to timely and sharable information - earthquake and wildfire protection services used Twitter as a vital part of their messaging toolkit

Like sharing random links, the important thing with sharing tweets is for you the reader to think critically about the information you're getting. Consider the source, and treat it accordingly. 

And yeah - sometimes bullshit does get shared in the CR. It doesn't hold up to scrutiny for long though and will be dismissed. But if you're just a troll looking to stir the pot, that does make for a juicy rhetorical target 

• Hook 'Em 5

37 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It's one of the many hills he's picked to die on.  It just happens to be today's hill.

Ana has a tremendous ability to quadruple down when called out on his bullshit; it's his super power.  Only Lobo can come close to this level of never admitting being wrong.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Ana has a tremendous ability to quadruple down when called out on his bullshit; it's his super power.  Only Lobo can come close to this level of never admitting being wrong.

Lobo talks about being wrong all the time, sir. Like half of his posts cite himself being wrong. Just vaguely, never about anything he’s said on this board, and if called out he will get fucking angry and violent in defense of everything he’s ever said, sir. 

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Like sharing random links, the important thing with sharing tweets is for you the reader to think critically about the information you're getting. Consider the source, and treat it accordingly. 

I was told that we should judge information by its content rather than its source and that the ability to understand who it is that is providing information to you is unimportant.

Edited by Celery Man
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Anastasis said:

This is of course true. But there is clear body of emerging evidence related to the psychopathology associated with algo driven social media consumption. Perhaps we could nip that in the bud in this community by turning that shit off. 

Ah, this clarifies things. Ana wants to be Surly's only psychopath.

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

This is truly surreal. The richest man in the world has the emotional intelligence of a child. Just incredible. 

Is it? The most powerful man in the world for 4 years was the same way 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

Bingo.  The follow up posts calling her out provided insight into her credibility that some of us might not have otherwise known about had the thread/poster been banned/deleted.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Stringer said:

I’d be curious to see the seasonal cycles. With the sports calendar being pretty empty this time of year, that could be affecting this. I feel like Twitter is especially active during big sports events.

There's plenty of non-seasonal traffic that's available - the war in Ukraine for instance is a massive driver, even if Elmo tries to bury it.  People like Taylor Swift are out on tour, we have some huge TV shows that are coming back in the next 3-4 weeks, there are some huge CR-related events that keep popping up.

Prior to Musk, I would get daily email notifications from twitter for my various accounts that were relevant and would lead me to click them. Over the past few months, even on a personal account that just strictly follows Ukraine stuff and has blocked a shit-ton of people, I'll get an email with a half-dozen recommendations, and only 2-3 will be relevant, and that's being generous.  I frequently get shit like catturd2, donald trump junior, etc. that I've blocked on all of my accounts.  This is the case for all of my accounts, and the same with people I know.  Occasionally I'll get an email with nothing but actual relevant/interesting recommendations, but it's rare - way too many shit recommendations mixed in.  And the catturd, Trump, etc., stuff, they are blocked, and I'm not clicking on the email links, but I'm still getting sent recommendations.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?