UT Pro-Palestine Protest Thread

Captainant

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's poorly written.  The English department coulda give them some help with those.  Then again, based on what I know of folks in the English department, they'd have told the admin to get fucked.

Wouldn't they say something more like, bugger off? I'm sure there is a polite and very English way to say such things.

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Cops are retreating. Protestors are right on their asses chanting get off our campus. So the question, what does tomorrow bring?

They are fucked. If they truly pepper sprayed and flash banged every student and faculty member and local grad/person who gives a shit should show up tomorrow. That’s fucking bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

They are fucked. If they truly pepper sprayed and flash banged every student and faculty member and local grad/person who gives a shit should show up tomorrow. That’s fucking bullshit. 

Surly Protest Tailgate at the Posse East?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's poorly written.  The English department coulda give them some help with those.  Then again, based on what I know of folks in the English department, they'd have told the admin to get fucked.

Then English department would responded to the admin with this

a7b1bd7e108b709f5250985ab200dac1a617c234

or this:

image.thumb.jpeg.b99af912119f64e3cbef0423748e5d6e.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I've always wanted to get one of these for my Dachshunds to hang out in. 

You can buy them.  $20 for one sized to 14-inch dolls with a sleeping bag and pillow, or if you need one that’s bigger and has a Coleman brand on it, $40 for one sized for 18 inch dolls. Check the customer images to see photos of dogs in them for better sizing.  And you can even buy miniature Coleman coolers, grills, lanterns, etc. if you want to make funny scenes for dog photos.

I got one for my daughter’s dolls, and my sister flipped out when she saw it so I got her one for her little terrier.  Nice thing is they fold flat for travel and you can actually use them outdoors as shade/sleeping area for your dog (they will blow away though, it’s like a kite, so put rocks in the bottom if your outside).

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Canons of construction are that terms are construed against the drafter.  If a construction could permit the use of tents on campus prior to 10 pm then it's against the rules.

So I can buy a rocket launcher then? I love this rule.

image.jpeg.16fa0d973a62e5e8448572de5e077591.jpeg

19 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You can buy them.  $20 for one sized to 14-inch dolls with a sleeping bag and pillow, or if you need one that’s bigger and has a Coleman brand on it, $40 for one sized for 18 inch dolls. Check the customer images to see photos of dogs in them for better sizing.  And you can even buy miniature Coleman coolers, grills, lanterns, etc. if you want to make funny scenes for dog photos.

creeping too young GIF

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Cops are starting to pepper spray people

And students are marching up 22nd chanting "off our campus"

They should mix in some bean bag rounds to maximize effectiveness

• Fuck You 6

Let's see if we can sum up the events of the last few days:

• Today, some protestors may or may not have violated a poorly worded campus rule about tents before 10 p.m.
  • Some of those protestors also violated a brand new campus rule about not wearing masks.
  • In response, riot police were called in to promptly clear them out.
  • At the same time, the university is violating a five-year-old law affirmatively stating that non-students are allowed to protest on college campuses.
  • All this on the heels of last week, when riot police physically assaulted protesters exercising their First Amendment rights.
  • Meanwhile, in our little corner of the internet, we have at least one lawyer (and vocal Christian) saying these campus rules must be fully enforced. At the same time, he simultaneously maintains a stance in support of illegal actions by a foreign government, such as ethnic cleansing and other war crimes.
  • Also, we have a few other posters that have expressed a desire to see police be even rougher on campus protesters up to and including "cracking skulls," no matter that the children of other posters currently attend the university.
  • Finally, we have a local journalist/cameraman who tripped into an officer, an accident for which DPS is aggressively pursuing charges after the local DA declined to do so.

Is any of the above incorrect?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Also, we have a few other posters that have expressed a desire to see police be even rougher on campus protesters up to and including "cracking skulls," no matter that the children of other posters currently attend the university.

image.thumb.png.5ec4d87c8f2df43681820dba1c4635c8.png 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

42 minutes ago, immamac said:

Yep, a lot more people would be motivated to protest by a fascist show of force on the UT campus than whatever the fuck is going on with Israel and Palestinians a half a globe away.

1 minute ago, Goredho said:

Yep, a lot more people would be motivated to protest by a fascist show of force on the UT campus than whatever the fuck is going on with Israel and Palestinians a half a globe away.

Yeah this should turn into an unrelated protest called the “We will not be silenced under any circumstance” protest. It should remove anything off the agenda except first amendment rights being clearly trampled on and assaulted. 

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

If you really want to confuse the jackboots, you should walk around campus with AR15s and insist you’re protesting for both First and Second Amendment rights. 

This is too much for me, but that would be incredible. Pretty sure you can’t open carry on campus though. 

I disagree about abandoning the original message. The problem was suppression of speech based on its content. Changing the message feels like giving in. I can see making it more about pushing back, but abandoning the message altogether doesn't feel right. The ACLU represented the KKK for crying out loud on the principal of free speech regardless of content. 

25 minutes ago, immamac said:

This is too much for me, but that would be incredible. Pretty sure you can’t open carry on campus though. 

You can’t stifle free speech on campus, either, but the commies who passed that law found out that you can’t stop brave American Patriots willing to stand up to oppression and stomp some smartmouthed college kids for fun.

I have a God-given constitutional right to carry a semiautomatic rifle with me at all times. If purposelessly wielding an AR15 in a powder keg situation is wrong, then everything America stands for is wrong. And god dammit, I’m not about to stand here and let you besmirch the United States of America. 

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

What's left in the wreath fund? These amazon goggles are $20 for a 2 pack. We could order a bunch and send someone down to campus to pass them out. 

71dX4svaNUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Got a link? I like those and will send them to an advance team we have over in Africa. Fuckers live with dust when out driving.

15 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

Why are they setting up tents in the first place? Are people resting in them in between protests or something? I don't understand what purpose they serve.

There has been a lot on the news about Ivy League schools. You should check the Wi-Fi under your rock. Only kidding. 

came here to post this. Neutrally. 

not sure what is planned for tomorrow. But I don’t see the Tyrant letting these kids run his goon squads off again. 

actually concerning for tomorrow. 

On 4/25/2024 at 4:44 PM, MagicSoccerSpray said:

Assuming the "occupations" were wholly organic, and that the Texas one would actually be in good faith and peaceful, is naive. Now that it's been cleared out once, I think we'll hopefully see any subsequent gatherings to be less rowdy and confrontationally framed.

Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

12 minutes ago, HendersonHorns said:

There has been a lot on the news about Ivy League schools. You should check the Wi-Fi under your rock. Only kidding. 

came here to post this. Neutrally. 

not sure what is planned for tomorrow. But I don’t see the Tyrant letting these kids run his goon squads off again. 

actually concerning for tomorrow. 

Just a bunch of good kids peacefully protesting.

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

Why are they setting up tents in the first place? Are people resting in them in between protests or something? I don't understand what purpose they serve.

What makes you think it’s any of your fucking business, Karen?

• Haha 3