Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

8 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Breaking away from the Union because we dare to protect the rights of Blacks and other minorities.  Now where have I heard that before?

Yeah, they would be breaking away from the union because of states rights and nothing to do with slavery…..I mean voting rights.  

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/31/politics/ted-cruz-black-woman-supreme-court/index.html

Cruz calls Biden's promise to nominate first Black woman to Supreme Court 'offensive' and 'insulting'

The Republican continued, "And he's also saying -- it's actually an insult to Black women. If he came and said, 'I'm gonna put the best jurist on the court and he looked at a number of people and he ended up nominating a Black woman, he could credibly say, 'OK I'm nominating the person who's most qualified.' He's not even pretending to say that he he's saying, 'If you're a White guy, tough luck. If you're a White woman, tough luck. You don't qualify.'"

108 of the 115 Supreme Court Justices have been white guys. Tough luck, white guys! 

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2022 at 9:32 PM, Satchel said:

After swearing off such notions, Cruz said he would consider supporting secession from the Union if Democrats were ever able to pass their voting rights laws. Could he be more smarmy?

This made me curious if George Wallace ever advocated secession. I don't think he did-- he was more of a "Let Us Have Our Caste System and Everything Is Cool" type of guy. Unless he did, Cruz and his ilk have out-Wallaced Wallace with their secession talk.

But that's not why I am posting. I just want to pass on this bit from his NYT obituary by Howell Raines:

"As a young man, Mr. Wallace came boiling out of the sun-stricken, Rebel-haunted reaches of southeast Alabama to win the governorship on his second try. "

Damn. That's writing.

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, yoladu said:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/31/politics/ted-cruz-black-woman-supreme-court/index.html

Cruz calls Biden's promise to nominate first Black woman to Supreme Court 'offensive' and 'insulting'

The Republican continued, "And he's also saying -- it's actually an insult to Black women. If he came and said, 'I'm gonna put the best jurist on the court and he looked at a number of people and he ended up nominating a Black woman, he could credibly say, 'OK I'm nominating the person who's most qualified.' He's not even pretending to say that he he's saying, 'If you're a White guy, tough luck. If you're a White woman, tough luck. You don't qualify.'"

108 of the 115 Supreme Court Justices have been white guys. Tough luck, white guys! 

It's moronic to argue that any one person is the most qualified to be on the Supreme Court. 

But then again, we're talking about Ted Cruz and Republicans.

• Hook 'Em 2

There's been 120 members of the Supreme Court since the start.

Cruz is bitching that a Black woman may join their ranks.  Well, he is not directly saying that, but he's working that dog whistle.

Republicans should make this a serious issue and go all over the airwaves about it.  Get Black women everywhere pissed off and see how that works out in November.

• Hook 'Em 1

Well, let's see 1.35mm lawyers in the U.S.  A hair less than 5% are Black.  So call that 65,000.  Reports between 33-36% of those are female, so call it 23,000.

Say 3,000 would have no interest in serving, or are not in good standing.  

So that's 20,000 attorneys that are likely more qualified than Ted Cruz, who are also black and female.  

HE always did wanna be on the Supreme Court.  But looks like he'll have to wait until at least 2030 or so.  

15 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

There's been 120 members of the Supreme Court since the start.

Cruz is bitching that a Black woman may join their ranks.  Well, he is not directly saying that, but he's working that dog whistle.

Republicans should make this a serious issue and go all over the airwaves about it.  Get Black women everywhere pissed off and see how that works out in November.

You think black women everywhere being pissed off was lacking or the problem with 2020?

27 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yes Ted, it's funny that we had a winter storm last year that killed hundreds of Texans and you fled to Mexico and then blamed it on your daughters.

Bravo, you are so amazingly in touch with the average Texan!  You're up there with Mark Zuckerberg when it comes to reading a crowd.

Holy shit.  That's a thumb in the eye to every single person in Texas.  Especially the ones who fucking died last year.

24 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Good fucking lord. He actually thought that would be a good thing to tweet

”Hahaha remember that one time we had a historic winter storm and I bailed? Yeah that was funny. Good times…”

He knows he has a lot of money and a R next to his name. He ain’t losing. He is basically calling Texans idiots knowing they won’t do a thing about it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 4

Yes Ted, it's funny that we had a winter storm last year that killed hundreds of Texans and you fled to Mexico and then blamed it on your daughters.
Bravo, you are so amazingly in touch with the average Texan!  You're up there with Mark Zuckerberg when it comes to reading a crowd.

God he’s a piece of shit.

He knows he has a lot of money and a R next to his name. He ain’t losing. He is basically calling Texans idiots knowing they won’t do a thing about it. 

At this point, it really is just taunting contempt. “Hey, you dumbasses are so pathetic, I can make fun of the time I abandoned you to die, and you’ll still vote for me. Watch this….”

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

At this point, it really is just taunting contempt. “Hey, you dumbasses are so pathetic, I can make fun of the time I abandoned you to die, and you’ll still vote for me. Watch this….”

This, this and more this.  He's a despicable cunt and will get re-elected for as long as he'd like to run.  Texans are stupid.  

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Gas prices being up and oil being up is bad for Texas?   huh.

• Hook 'Em 1

He really tweeted the thing about Cancun ticket prices?  (I'm easily fooled on the twitters, I can't tell what's been manipulated).  

But he really tweeted that?  

Jesus, I can't imagine how hard some of the posters on this site are beating off to that right now...thinking he's totally owning the Libs.  Good lord.  

34 minutes ago, Lobo said:

He really tweeted the thing about Cancun ticket prices?  (I'm easily fooled on the twitters, I can't tell what's been manipulated).  

But he really tweeted that?  

Jesus, I can't imagine how hard some of the posters on this site are beating off to that right now...thinking he's totally owning the Libs.  Good lord.  

He did.   He really did.

16 hours ago, Fletch said:

Good fucking lord. He actually thought that would be a good thing to tweet

”Hahaha remember that one time we had a historic winter storm and I bailed? Yeah that was funny. Good times…”

He probably raised $5 million from it and gained 2 points in the polls. That's how stupid people are these days.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

On 2/3/2022 at 2:28 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

"Someone said Jamie Lynn Spears looks like Ted Cruz in drag, and now I can’t un-see it."
272161880_10121550765769524_491855183446

Good one, but let's be honest: Ted Cruz looks like Ted Cruz in drag which is why SNL nailed it with Aidy Bryant.

image.png.a2fe7dc9eb5cbe951bae56a61f85a75e.png

Edited by PsychMike
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, tchookem said:

Awesome? Maybe this protest turns treasonous like the last protest he supported?

He wouldn't be saying that was awesome if it was pro-vaccine types, or BLM or whatever, who pulled their vehicles up in the streets around the Capitol.

Cruz baffles me.  At times, you think he knows exactly what he is doing on twitter and is just another asshole in Congress trolling people that he gives no fucks about and he's playing to his base.

But then like the recent Cancun tweet, you think "wow, he's really fucking stupid and doesn't realize that a shitload of Texans, even with the lights staying on, are living in shitty homes/trailers/etc. where it's hard to keep them warm, including Republicans."

But he's in Texas where he can troll like that without repercussions for the time being so I lean towards him being just another asshole trolling people.

But I'm not fully sold - he's an Ivy Leaguer married to a Goldman Sachs executive, and it's very likely they have no clue about how the poorer parts of Texas live, and even if they did, I'm not convinced that they would give two shits, except during an election year.

But then like the recent Cancun tweet, you think "wow, he's really fucking stupid and doesn't realize that a shitload of Texans, even with the lights staying on, are living in shitty homes/trailers/etc. where it's hard to keep them warm, including Republicans."
But he's in Texas where he can troll like that without repercussions for the time being so I lean towards him being just another asshole trolling people.
But I'm not fully sold - he's an Ivy Leaguer married to a Goldman Sachs executive, and it's very likely they have no clue about how the poorer parts of Texas live, and even if they did, I'm not convinced that they would give two shits, except during an election year.

The bolded people don't pay attention to Twitter and they definitely don't pay attention to the people reporting what's on Twitter. He knows he can say what he wants on Twitter without repercussion.

He's an awful excuse for human being.

• Hook 'Em 3