Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

All the way up to 5 pm on Christmas Eve and he's spent the entire afternoon on Twitter.  Kinds sad if you think about it:

Although I have, along with many of his constituents, tried to speak with his office and found his voicemail box full, I have never met this representative. However, Senator Ted gives off the the very distinct vibe of someone who desperately hopelessly wants to be liked, to belong somewhere that the people he thinks matters (not us, somehow his constituents are probably deemed as not the people he is trying to impress) will give him the stamp of acceptance. If you think I feel sorry for him, then you'd be wrong. For it is entirely within his means to seek counsel with a professional who could help him work through his issues but instead, we the people, are to be the means by which he seeks retribution and affirmation that he is not an asshole or an outsider who doesn't quite fit in, who brings the cringe first and foremost to every event in which he attends. Nothing wrong with cringe (for most of us); if it's harmless and hurts no one I say lean into it and embrace it. But Ted? Ted Cruz is a modern day *Roger Chillingsworth seeking vengeance for the wrongs he perceives perpetuated against him. Perhaps not an exact reflection, but Ted is warped beyond recognition and that alone is enough to warrant the comparison.

Hester Prynne's husband from The Scarlet Letter if it's been awhile for readers.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

But Ted? Ted Cruz is a modern day *Roger Chillingsworth seeking vengeance for the wrongs he perceives perpetuated against him. Perhaps not an exact reflection, but Ted is warped beyond recognition and that alone is enough to warrant the comparison.

Plus, Ted tries so desperately hard to be “a man of the people” but at his core he’s still the same guy that went to a prep school in Houston, then to Princeton and Harvard, and who was insecure enough in his heritage and name along the way to want to go by “Ted”. It is who he is, and who he will always be.

Same with Greg Abbott.  Although the ugly irony with Abbott, is that he was presented a personal platform upon which he could represent those who are disabled, impotent, who knows what adoptee parents go through, etc. and he could have spent his career trying to make the lives of the disabled better, and he could have worked to make the adoption process better.  He would have legislation and parks and schools named after him in the future, if not the present.  Instead, he got some power, and he decided to go all in on trying to be the biggest asshole in Texas, while trying to get an even bigger asshole from New York City to notice and like him, all the while that asshole from NYC looks down literally and figuratively in the disabled.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Although I have, along with many of his constituents, tried to speak with his office and found his voicemail box full, I have never met this representative. However, Senator Ted gives off the the very distinct vibe of someone who desperately hopelessly wants to be liked, to belong somewhere that the people he thinks matters (not us, somehow his constituents are probably deemed as not the people he is trying to impress) will give him the stamp of acceptance. If you think I feel sorry for him, then you'd be wrong. For it is entirely within his means to seek counsel with a professional who could help him work through his issues but instead, we the people, are to be the means by which he seeks retribution and affirmation that he is not an asshole or an outsider who doesn't quite fit in, who brings the cringe first and foremost to every event in which he attends. Nothing wrong with cringe (for most of us); if it's harmless and hurts no one I say lean into it and embrace it. But Ted? Ted Cruz is a modern day *Roger Chillingsworth seeking vengeance for the wrongs he perceives perpetuated against him. Perhaps not an exact reflection, but Ted is warped beyond recognition and that alone is enough to warrant the comparison.

Hester Prynne's husband from The Scarlet Letter if it's been awhile for readers.
I've always said that he's the annoying husband of your wife's best friend. You're always stuck babysitting his socially inept ass, or worse, forced to bring him along to shit where he ruins the things you genuinely enjoy.
  • Like 4

I've always said that he's the annoying husband of your wife's best friend. You're always stuck babysitting his socially inept ass, or worse, forced to bring him along to shit where he ruins the things you genuinely enjoy.

Every single guy knows a dude like that.
Shit, my college aged son was just complaining about his roommate…socially awkward, kills the vibe in any room…he includes him in stuff when he has to, but leaves him behind whenever he can. And I nodded my head, remembering the individual dudes I knew in high school, college, and even now, who bring that “Jesus what an awkward fucker” energy.
Ted is a fucking unlikeable loser. The one thing that would make him better - just chill, and quit trying so hard - is the one thing he’s incapable of doing.
He deserves to be given a fatal wedgie.
  • Like 1

Every single guy knows a dude like that.
Shit, my college aged son was just complaining about his roommate…socially awkward, kills the vibe in any room…he includes him in stuff when he has to, but leaves him behind whenever he can. And I nodded my head, remembering the individual dudes I knew in high school, college, and even now, who bring that “Jesus what an awkward fucker” energy.
Ted is a fucking unlikeable loser. The one thing that would make him better - just chill, and quit trying so hard - is the one thing he’s incapable of doing.
He deserves to be given a fatal wedgie.
It's the one drawback to society seriously addressing bullying. Natural consequences get labeled as bullying, so the truly annoying kids never learn the boundaries of being annoying.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Plus, Ted tries so desperately hard to be “a man of the people” but at his core he’s still the same guy that went to a prep school in Houston, then to Princeton and Harvard, and who was insecure enough in his heritage and name along the way to want to go by “Ted”.

Eh, his middle name is Edward.  That's by far the most benign of his "transgressions".

• Hook 'Em 1

Awkward and dorky and unskilled with conversational timing, while unfortunate, when paired with kindness and a sincerity of heart should never be bullied but perhaps gently mentored and guided along. It isn't just in the movies that those folks can surprise you with a genius moment or a loyalty and love of which many of us are incapable.

Ted is way past that. He is cruel, he is elitist though as @atomheartbevostates Cruz pretends he is anything but. He delights in making fun of people who cannot fight back. Does he do many of these things awkwardly? Of course, but I do maintain that there is a stout difference between the likes of Senator Cruz and the mood dampening dorky dude that can't quite read the room.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:
7 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:
Ted Cruz is just MAGA with no dick and balls.

So, Marjorie Taylor Greene? Wait. Hold on, I bet she has a dick.

MTG may not have a dick but her balls are a lot bigger than his.

Edited by Dnaguy

It's the one drawback to society seriously addressing bullying. Natural consequences get labeled as bullying, so the truly annoying kids never learn the boundaries of being annoying.

Being social awkward is common among those on the spectrum. That doesn’t warrant people ganging up, bullying or picking on them. It isn’t going to teach them a skill, it will only feed the fragile bully’s ego.

Schools talk about it, but their narrow definition and actions say otherwise when it comes to doing something about it. Otherwise my kid would have been in fewer fights. I taught him to not take shit from anyone.

As far as being socially awkward. It comes down to comfort and the environment and anxiety levels. I know I am socially awkward when surrounded by aggy.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Being social awkward is common among those on the spectrum. That doesn’t warrant people ganging up, bullying or picking on them. It isn’t going to teach them a skill, it will only feed the fragile bully’s ego.

Schools talk about it, but their narrow definition and actions say otherwise when it comes to doing something about it. Otherwise my kid would have been in fewer fights. I taught him to not take shit from anyone.

As far as being socially awkward. It comes down to comfort and the environment and anxiety levels. I know I am socially awkward when surrounded by aggy.

Not trying to belabor a point, but there is a difference between being socially awkward/on the spectrum versus being an annoying prick because you're allowed to get away with it.

I assume your kid is the former, and deserved compassion. Ted Cruz is the latter... a kid that pushed buttons and cried bully when confronted.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

If he really is a victory curse, let's just pay to have him follow Trump, Patrick, and Abbott around in perpetuity.  Sooner of later one of those them has to eat shit and go away...

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

If he really is a victory curse, let's just pay to have him follow Trump, Patrick, and Abbott around in perpetuity. 

As a tax paying Texan, don't you already?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 4

11 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

I’d like to remind Jesus that he’s not one of us. We should not be punished with our sports teams because he is a total asshole.

Counterpoint: God destroyed whole cities and flooded the whole world to make His point, if the assholery involved was profound enough.

We're talking about Ted Cruz here, so we're dealing with Biblical assholery levels for sure.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Counterpoint: God destroyed whole cities and flooded the whole world to make His point, if the assholery involved was profound enough.

We're talking about Ted Cruz here, so we're dealing with Biblical assholery levels for sure.

Well now, maybe that's the real reason for the 2021 freeze.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, royiv said:

Cruz sucking up to aggy by listing their win against Alabama alongside teams winning the World Series, NBA Finals and the National Championship

• Haha 5
  • Rage+1 2

7 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Curses and jinx’s arent real. Jfc christ guys. Aee we all grown adults on here?

I just fucking hate Ted Cruz… especially when he tries to rep UT

I can add "Jinx" as another reason in a long list of them to hate Cruz and have a completely clear conscience. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Whoopi Goldberg laid a *curse down on Danny Glover in The Color Purple that wormed its way into his conscience so I'd say every little bit helps....

*Until you do right by me everything you think about is going to crumble.

• Like 1