Crazy Rich Asians

Sbbruin

59 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Anyone see this?  Getting great reviews and the wife is pushing me to see it with her.

So is mine.  Unlike these two misogynistic racist neanderthals,  I will be going to see it.  Mainly because I have an Asian fetish and wanna bone Jessica Wu.  

swidt?  

21 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

It'll be interesting to see if we go. Wife is Asian but hates rom coms. Neither of us are particularly interested in the story but she feels like she might need to see it since it's the first big Asian American movie with an all Asian cast.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

2nd.  Joy Luck Club was the first.   And also full of Asians I wanna bang

1 hour ago, Go Pokes said:

So is mine.  Unlike these two misogynistic racist neanderthals,  I will be going to see it.  Mainly because I have an Asian fetish and wanna bone Jessica Wu.  

swidt?  

We won't be going to see it precisely BECAUSE my wife knows I have an Asian fetish.

OK, I've seen it  

For reference, GF's son married a girl from China.  They got married in Japan.  I've been to Japan twice, once for the wedding.  I've met her family.  She lives here now and I'm either laughing at her, or with her all of the time. 

It was "pretty good".  If I didn't have the connection, such as it is, to Asian culture, I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I did. 

It's a chick-flick with some funny parts.   And it's full of "Asians" that talk like limeys.  Fucking male lead sounds like James Bond. 

As RomComs go, it's a 6/10.   I've seen worse movies, I've seen better.  

I will never understand how you people let your wives/girlfriends drag you to these awful movies. Don't they have friends they can go with? I don't drag my wife to Star Wars films, she doesn't drag me to rom-coms. Everyone is happy.

Have you even considered the possibility that we are in touch with our feminine side and actually want to see this movie?

1 hour ago, Go Pokes said:

Have you even considered the possibility that we are in touch with our feminine side and actually want to see this movie?

Have you even considered the possibility that you may be gay (which would be perfectly acceptable just for the record?)

My wife said it was a good movie and they enjoyed it.

• Like 2

The movie is solid, but it's a much more sanitized, family-friendly version of the book. The book was very sharp, biting satire that I really enjoyed. 

Also that trailer is awful. Don't judge this movie by that crappy trailer, it was better than that.

Also the actress who played Peik Lin is just terrible. The acting in general is up-and-down, some of it's great and some of it's very average.

Edited by satyanash

• 3 weeks later...

Went with wife and daughter. They both agreed with me that it was terrible. Bad acting, cheesy, predictable. It was one of the worst movies I've seen at the theaters. Not sure what others are seeing that say it was pretty good. Certainly isn't worth the RT scores. Chinese paying off reviewers or something.

Edited by Kel Varnsen