GameDay 2018 - The Decline Continues

Thetexashammer

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Everybody's resume is fraudulent this year. Except for Alabama, anybody can beat anybody. It makes it difficult to rank teams, but it makes for a fun season that I'm enjoying the hell out of. Texas isn't #6 most years, but this year who the hell knows?

What?  Who has Bama beaten that's worth a crap?  aggy?  Bama "appears" to be great, and has played well, but they haven't really played anybody.....yet.

5 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

What?  Who has Bama beaten that's worth a crap?  aggy?  Bama "appears" to be great, and has played well, but they haven't really played anybody.....yet.

In some ways, your post does not disagree with mine. There is nobody great for Alabama to play. They've smashed the teams they've played like no one else has done, so I think they have established themselves as elite for that reason.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong and have Alabama lose three straight games. They just look a step above their usual good selves this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Hey look. Bear is 15-14-1 on his 3 picks segment. Totally a good reason to keep wasting a segment on him. Are they somehow contractually obligated to show him like they are with Kirk's kids?

Yeah, he's not very good, but he is picking against the spread where most of us are happy to be >50%

2 minutes ago, Dutch said:

West Point, on the 100th anniversary of the end of WWI, would have been a cool GameDay setting. Army is 7-2 and salty, but their opponent today is 3-6 Lafayette. 

I went to a game there a few years ago when my nephew was a cadet. One of the best game day atmospheres I've ever experienced.

• Like 1

Just now, Mo Horn said:

Great story on the body bearers 

Indeed. 

3 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

I went to a game there a few years ago when my nephew was a cadet. One of the best game day atmospheres I've ever experienced.

I think I can imagine, but I probably can’t. Attending a game at West Point is a bucket list item of mine. 

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

Great story on the body bearers 

Yeah, I had no idea it's a full time job.  My GP was a WW2 pilot and when he died in the late 90's he got a full military burial.  I still have the flag that was draped over his casket.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Off-topic, but a great meme, provided to me this morning by firefox refusing to resolve the surl.

SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE

www.surlyhorns.com

Issued by: Let's Encrypt Authority X3

Expired: Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 9:41:35 AM Central Standard Time

Someone forgot to set a calendar reminder.  

Well, they have gone full retard. And for the first time aligances are being shown. Desmond for Big Blue, Herbstreit handjobing Georgia for Pollock, who in turn is handjobing Kirk’s OSU in return. Reece, the smug bastard throws out “why not two SEC teams”. As in basks’s In his Alabama GED glory. 

This playoff shit is the suck. Why even go through this? Eye test, good losses, these fuckers have invented an entire new language to pigeon hole this nonsense into reality.