GameDay 2018 - The Decline Continues

Thetexashammer

Still a staple and tradition. I watch every Saturday morning during football season. I don’t think there is a better way to start a morning of college football.  It’s not any worse than it has been. What else are you going to watch before games?

• Like 4

show hasn't been the same since fowler left and espn's constant slobbing of sec cock hasn't helped things either.

it's fine background noise and i still like to see corso's headgear picks, but it's nowhere near what it used to be and i can not imagine ever sitting and watching all 3 hours of it.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Thetexashammer said:

Fuck Tom Rinaldi. Fuck Fat Herbstreit. Fuck the sign police. Fuck Ekrich Sausage. Fuck Desmond Howard and anyone who think he belongs there. Fuck Cheezits. Love Corso but, um, yeah ok. Fuck the three hour format. And fuck ESPN for ruining a once great institution.

tenor.gif?itemid=5642343

• Like 1

Though I record it, I almost never watch GD these days other than to quickly scan through and see what they have to say about our game or anything else that really jumps out as I scanning through.  However, I watch every minute of College Football Final the next morning. I've realized I much prefer the recap and breakdown of games than previews.  Plus, my hot sports/assholish opinion - I HATE the special interest stories that litter their show every week now.

• Like 1

What new things are they doing to ruin it this year?

I think it's just a matter of something that peaked out about a decade ago and has run its course. Having said that, if they truly try something different people (incl myself, probably) would bitch incessantly wanting the old gameday back. Whatcha gonna do?

Oh, and OU sucks, fuck aggy etc etc..

Shit, what about the dumb fuck “Bear” guy? Where did they find that fucking rube at? He looks like a special needs guy from Chicago, and he gets his own gig? One more reason to remind me what a failure I am. 

We have a dozen plus posters on this site that would make a better viewing experience. And are just as capable of reading off statistics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ham's posts should have gone first, would make more sense. Bear is Chris Fallica, I think his stuff is informative. At least he brings info and not trying to be an actor or something. No idea what his pick-record is, but he always has solid reasoning for it. He's a Miami-Fla fan as I recall

3 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

I became an EPL fan about 9 years ago.  I know soccer isn't for everybody but damn it's nice to watch actual competition than a bunch of douchebags slobbering over themselves and whatever the agenda flavor of the month is....

Seems like gameday and women’s sports aren’t the only options out there. 

5 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Herbie, Fowler, and Corso are GameDay to me. Get rid of everyone else imo. Honestly bench Corso now too; he's too old and has lost his marbles 

Without Corso it's totally over.  I haven't watch in years, but check for his shit.

Without Corso it's totally over.  I haven't watch in years, but check for his shit.
Agree, Corso could go full potato this year and it won't matter...

He's the only one of those fucksticks that chose Texas to win in 05. He gets a pass for the rest of his days on earth..
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Fuck Tom Rinaldi. Fuck Fat Herbstreit. Fuck the sign police. Fuck Ekrich Sausage. Fuck Desmond Howard and anyone who think he belongs there. Fuck Cheezits. Love Corso but, um, yeah ok. Fuck the three hour format. And fuck ESPN for ruining a once great institution.

3 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Oh God, the "Bear". I knew I was blocking something out. Dude has a wicked lisp and no place on a television set.

Fuck big and rich for coming to our cittay. 

Or is that gone?

Jim Miller's "Origins" podcast did an entire episode to GameDay.

He mentioned that one of things that differentiates that show from others is it draws marginal fans to watch it.  Many folks who watch the show DON'T EVEN WATCH CFB.

Crazy but that's something.

And 3 hours is way too long, I miss Fowler and Corso got old on us.

3 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

I have no problem with Corso. Dude has earned it. Let him sit out there and do whatever he wants as long as he wants.

By this sentiment all old guys who have been at their jobs a really long time and used to do it very well should just get to hang around as long as they want....