Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

Probably already mentioned, but the Kia Sportage commercial where an Eagle that just happens to fly only along roads and easily drivable trails steals a cell phone and the woman somehow avoids getting her face taloned off while grabbing it out of the nest, even though that’s really how I wanted it to end. (Run on sentences are what all the cool kids are into these days!)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Sell me a bike that is titanium.  Lightweight.  strong. It makes a difference.  Knee brace?  Ok. Got it.

Why the fuck is it a selling point on a gotdam cellphone?
Came here to post this. Marketing to the average dumbshit who believes an iPhone is a status symbol I guess. I couldn't give a single fuck if my phone has titanium in it.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 8:15 PM, Underdog said:

Capital One with a new one with Travolta as Santa in a parody of SNF, even has a Donna Pescow cameo. 

I actually like that one. Has a couple of cool Easter eggs too, like the dancing. Should have him get blasted coming out of the shitter too.

Kids would love that.

Speaking of Lilly is it just me or does the new ATT ad on the airplane with Keegan Michael Key make zero sense. It makes sense to mock airlines for nickel and diming but her line about keeping your word and Keys reaction like it's the sickest burn of all time leave me wondering if I didn't hear the line right every time I see the damn commercial. She needs to go away. 

AT&T calling out airlines when they pull slimy shit on their customers is laughable. How would you like to be on either side of Lily on that plane.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

It's the daughter of the Jardiance woman.

Fuck that woman. Handing out $2 candy bars like crazy. I guess they do that in rich neighborhoods. Fucks it up for us po folks. I gotta go see what’s on clearance at Walmart. I might just hand out necco wafers and that shitty taffy. My wife suggested we just put up a “COVID: Stay Away” sign.
  • Haha 1

Probably already mentioned, but the Kia Sportage commercial where an Eagle that just happens to fly only along roads and easily drivable trails steals a cell phone and the woman somehow avoids getting her face taloned off while grabbing it out of the nest, even though that’s really how I wanted it to end. (Run on sentences are what all the cool kids are into these days!)

I mentioned long ago but the awfulness of that spot should continue to have hate spewed upon it. Uhhh besides an eagle would never nest right next to the road, but lady you just fucked with nature by crawling into the nest and grabbing your stupid phone. I was hoping she and her dumbass man would be attacked by a whole flock of eagles al a Hitchcock and shown ripped to shreds and fed alive to their young.
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 2:59 PM, Beau Vine said:

"Some people clean while they cook; not these folks" is one of the greatest lines in commercial history, and I use it every time my wife cooks.

And the way he says "I'll say" at the end of the first scene just kills me.  

Reminds me of this classic Phil Hartman SNL skit:

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

One thing I know I don't need is to see Robert DeNiro dressed in drag telling their neighbors that a couch isn't going to fit in their apartment. Jesus I'd rather watch Gronk pretending he really wants insurance. No judging but that woman is hideous. 

This heifer looks like a drag version of the beefy Dumb and Dumber hit man after he ate the poison burger.  I wish granny had frisbeed that broiler across the room into that meddling bitch’s face!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

This heifer looks like a drag version of the beefy Dumb and Dumber hit man after he ate the poison burger.  I wish granny had frisbeed that broiler across the room into that meddling bitch’s face!

Yeah, her observation skills on that turkey weren't exactly anything special.   And in all fairness, Granny thinks Nixon is President and we haven't landed on the moon yet.

Regarding that Common/iPhone commercial. 

Is he just picking up someone else's phone? I can't imagine sitting in a barber's chair and just picking up their phone like it's not big deal. 

I have zero issue with the 50 year old song "come and get your love"   good song, catchy tune....

but watching the Maction tonight, I swear on everything I own, that Chevy commercial playing that song is being played a minimum of every other commercial break,  and there have been at least 2 back to backs. 

4 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I have zero issue with the 50 year old song "come and get your love"   good song, catchy tune....

but watching the Maction tonight, I swear on everything I own, that Chevy commercial playing that song is being played a minimum of every other commercial break,  and there have been at least 2 back to backs. 

You motherfucker. Also watching MACtion and I hadn't noticed.