Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

This actually brings up a big fear I have for the guy. He's practically a rock star now, and I'm sure he has more than his fair share of women throwing themselves at him...I really hope he doesn't have a metoo moment in the future. 

Lmfao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuck off dude. I said she doesn't like politics, in fact she typically just turns the channel if anything political comes on the news. She's not very informed on the issues, so seeing someone explain what was going on in a rational way that took it beyond the knee jerk "those guys are disrespecting the national anthem/troops/flag" bullshit that she typically hears from her dad and others helped her understand. His whiteness had nothing to do with that issue, although I'm sure she thinks he's sexy. So again, fuck off.

I laugh at all you libs offering up your wife’s to Beto. Will you be the drunk man in the corner while he’s banging your wife?

• Fuck You 4

Mrs.LL was the same way until 22 months ago.  She's now more politically active than I am.
You and I aren't alone.  I have the distinct feeling that the turnout among women in this election is going to be astounding.

Indeed. I think people always miss the point of Roy Moore. They think he was so bad that Republicans abandoned him. But that’s no so.
Republicans turned out at the usual level to vote for Roy Moore. They didn’t flip. Doug Jones was elected because women (and black women) showed up at much higher levels than usual.

Beto, win or lose, is running a silent majority campaign. He’s not trying to flip partisan Republicans.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

Mrs.LL was the same way until 22 months ago.  She's now more politically active than I am.

You and I aren't alone.  I have the distinct feeling that the turnout among women in this election is going to be astounding.

My wife is the same way.  Trump being elected, and the shitshow that ensued (particularly the separation of babies/kids from mothers), things like Roy Moore, DeVos being SecEd, the R's/Trump going hard on their nominations, etc. has probably caused a lot of women to sit up and decide to participate in greater numbers.

• Like 1

My wife is the same way.  Trump being elected, and the shitshow that ensued (particularly the separation of babies/kids from mothers), things like Roy Moore, DeVos being SecEd, the R's/Trump going hard on their nominations, etc. has probably caused a lot of women to sit up and decide to participate in greater numbers.

Did you inform her Obama did the same thing as did every other president?

I think this is a big issue. The most negative anti-Beto comments I see on Facebook come from Hispanics. They are certainly not a monolithic Democratic block.

Those types of comments come mostly from uneducated Hispanics...you know, similar to Trumpkins.

Here's why...they try to "seem" white by aligning with what their white (obviously trashy) neighbor is doing. That type of Hispanic is just trying to show that they're 'Merican...they're tired of being associated with "being mexican".

This is the same type of Hispanic that will look down on other immigrants that look like them (legal or not)...because they're 'Merican...and that immigrant is not.

They don't give a shit about abortion, it's just them trying to be white...seriously.

The "Catholic educated" hispanic doesn't give a shit about abortion either...I know Catholics that have aborted. Religion is just a front to "seem" decent.

Those same Catholics still want an option to abort..."just in case". I've seen it play out...someone close to my fam goes to church every Sunday, devout Catholic...yet they permitted their daughter to abort when she was a teen.

However, I think the majority of Hispanics are tired of the hateful rhetoric against the hispanic/Latino community and I think the voter turnout in Texas will be the highest ever (being Beto who benfits). Also, many hispanics hate polls and telling someone what they're going to do (even through anonymous polls)...shit is super secretive.

I laugh at all you libs offering up your wife’s to Beto. Will you be the drunk man in the corner while he’s banging your wife?

Wow bro you are so alpha. How do I get to be like you?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, texas08 said:

Those types of comments come mostly from uneducated Hispanics...you know, similar to Trumpkins.

Here's why...they try to "seem" white by aligning with what their white (obviously trashy) neighbor is doing. That type of Hispanic is just trying to show that they're 'Merican...they're tired of being associated with "being mexican".

This is the same type of Hispanic that will look down on other immigrants that look like them (legal or not)...because they're 'Merican...and that immigrant is not.

They don't give a shit about abortion, it's just them trying to be white...seriously.

The "Catholic educated" hispanic doesn't give a shit about abortion either...I know Catholics that have aborted. Religion is just a front to "seem" decent.

Those same Catholics still want an option to abort..."just in case". I've seen it play out...someone close to my fam goes to church every Sunday, devout Catholic...yet they permitted their daughter to abort when she was a teen.

However, I think the majority of Hispanics are tired of the hateful rhetoric against the hispanic/Latino community and I think the voter turnout in Texas will be the highest ever (being Beto who benfits). Also, many hispanics hate polls and telling someone what they're going to do (even through anonymous polls)...shit is super secretive.

Good lord.  

29 minutes ago, Stros said:

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Wow bro you are so alpha. How do I get to be like you?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

if both you fuckers would disable your tapatalk sigs you'd be way more alpha

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

The best part of his take on the NFL situation was explaining to people that soldiers on foreign soil aren't the only ones who fought for our freedoms. Hell, soldiers on foreign soil are said to be "fighting for our freedom" but usually aren't actually doing anything to defend our freedom as American citizens. All the civil rights moments he touched on were much more about securing the freedoms promised to every American than boots on the ground in Uganda. 

Don't get me wrong, humanitarian missions are important and I support them in a lot of cases, I just get tired of the talking point about how every member of the United States military is always fighting for our freedom when that's not the case. And more importantly the fact that the same people who "support our troops" ignore citizens at home actually fighting for it. Of course, I'm not pretending for a moment that these people are going to realize the error of their ways by watching that video, but it was still nice to see.

Motherfucking this.  It’s one thing to admire a soldier’s bravery and selflessness in pursuit of some cause other than his own gain.  But how again is securing some town in Iraq necessary to protect my freedom?

I have a couple of family members who served in the reserves.  That’s great and all.  But to hear them talk now, they laid their lives on the line for “our freedoms” (which freedoms they then argue, without any sense of irony, NFL players shouldn’t be allowed to exercise).

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Motherfucking this.  It’s one thing to admire a soldier’s bravery and selflessness in pursuit of some cause other than his own gain.  But how again is securing some town in Iraq necessary to protect my freedom?

Whether securing a town in Iraq is necessary to protect my freedom is irrelevant to the soldier and should be to us a well when it concerns the consideration of the soldier's sacrifice and willingness to obey orders and do their job.  That is why combat engagement and war mongering should not be taken lightly.

Otherwise, I agree with your point, and will make another.  We have been at war for so long that "supporting the troops" has become commonplace and taken for granted. Faux patriotism has taken the place of genuine concern and active participation in civic duty. Everyone is a hero now-combat troops, first responders, athletes, special needs kids and adults, moms and dads that just do their jobs, 5th place soccer teams at a city tournament, and on and on.  When everybody is a hero, nobody is a hero.

th?id=OIP.9gAMBV-q-9F8eS1PzSodNQHaEK&pid

1 hour ago, Stros said:

Somehow, Obama didn't inspire her to go out and vote against anybody.  He wasn't bragging enough about grabbing pussy or something.  

Plus, Trump mocked Heidi's looks and mental state, and and here we are in 2018 and Cruz is kissing his ass.    Many women don't like men who rollover while other men insult their wives or try to bring mental health issues up to their nationwide following.

And don't think plenty of Texas women have forgotten how Cruz rolled over and let his wife be trashed like that.

Somehow, Obama didn't inspire her to go out and vote against anybody.  He wasn't bragging enough about grabbing pussy or something.  
Plus, Trump mocked Heidi's looks and mental state, and and here we are in 2018 and Cruz is kissing his ass.    Many women don't like men who rollover while other men insult their wives or try to bring mental health issues up to their nationwide following.
And don't think plenty of Texas women have forgotten how Cruz rolled over and let his wife be trashed like that.

You’re not paying attention.

They. Don’t. Care.

If they’re already republican and on the fence, Ted will run an ad comparing Beto to “That Bitch Hilary” and they’ll vote Teddy. There is literally nothing worse to them than “That Bitch Hilary.” They voted for Trump for God’s sake. The Republican Party has no morals or conviction. Just hatred for “That Bitch Hilary” and therefore anyone who calls themselves a democrat.

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

Cruz won’t go there. His affair has been known forever in Houston. Heidi didn’t try to kill herself just for shits and giggles. 

Wait...  there are actually 2 women in this world willing to have sex with Cruz?  I always assumed Heidi tried to off herself because Cruz would NOT fuck someone else and leave her alone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whether securing a town in Iraq is necessary to protect my freedom is irrelevant to the soldier and should be to us a well when it concerns the consideration of the soldier's sacrifice and willingness to obey orders and do their job.  That is why combat engagement and war mongering should not be taken lightly.
Otherwise, I agree with your point, and will make another.  We have been at war for so long that "supporting the troops" has become commonplace and taken for granted. Faux patriotism has taken the place of genuine concern and active participation in civic duty. Everyone is a hero now-combat troops, first responders, athletes, special needs kids and adults, moms and dads that just do their jobs, 5th place soccer teams at a city tournament, and on and on.  When everybody is a hero, nobody is a hero.
th?id=OIP.9gAMBV-q-9F8eS1PzSodNQHaEK&pid=15.1&P=0&w=315&h=178

I disagree. Nothing trumps the hero worship of our troops. Law Enforcement is a distant second.

I support our troops and volunteer with veterans a lot. I know some real fuck-ups who’d be in jail without the Army, and some real heroes. I’m grateful for their service. I wish we did a fuckton more to help them return to civilian life. But the cult like worship of our troops is dangerously over the top. I’m glad it’s not like the Vietnam Era. But to act like these guys are all superhuman heroes without fault is pretty ridiculous.

But it’s far easier to hug the flag than sit down and discuss how broken are system is.
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

I disagree. Nothing trumps the hero worship of our troops. Law Enforcement is a distant second.

I support our troops and volunteer with veterans a lot. I know some real fuck-ups who’d be in jail without the Army, and some real heroes. I’m grateful for their service. I wish we did a fuckton more to help them return to civilian life. But the cult like worship of our troops is dangerously over the top. I’m glad it’s not like the Vietnam Era. But to act like these guys are all superhuman heroes without fault is pretty ridiculous.

But it’s far easier to hug the flag than sit down and discuss how broken are system is.

McCain and Capt. Captain Humayan Kahn say, "Hi!"

2 hours ago, texas08 said:

Is this post racist?  I think it might be but I'm not sure.  What I am sure is that it is really fucking stupid.  

Is this post racist?  I think it might be but I'm not sure.  What I am sure is that it is really fucking stupid.  

Lo dudo que sea racista.

But could be a stupid post. Meh.

Just sharing what I've seen first hand. That's why the Latino vote is not as "easy to figure" out as one would think.

Just got home. Guy's the real deal, just exudes passion throughout his stump and actually persuades you. Place was packed, definitely a younger crowd of a lot of ex Texans gone up to DC to save the world or whatever. Wife said it gave he goosebumps and made her cry. I'll allow it.

Event was really well organized and the thing that impressed me most is he stayed after to take a photo with every person there. Which was cool but also brilliant as those will become facebook profile pics for Aunt Thelma to ask about and influence friends.

• Like 1

I'm not "just asking questions", but what's the story with the debate? Has Ted asked for one or something? Is this not the appropriate time in the election cycle to have one? 

I'd be curious to see what would happen in a debate when more vague and well-crafted messages and narratives give way to specific answers. That can either be a great boon to a candidacy or those types of direct questions in front of a tv camera can make one look horrible (look no further than the Kavanaugh clips post today for proof).

I like Beto, but I can't imagine a lot of what he'd have to say and answer with would be a winner for a lot of the R's who are thinking or have flipped to him based off his obvious charisma, passion and abilities. The guy is a political rockstar and maybe that's all that matters, but I just wonder when push-comes-to-shove on issues how he'd fare. I guess what I'm saying is, I'd be entertained to watch a debate for sure.

Beto proposed debates a million years ago, Cruz didn't respond, finally came back with a proposal to five debates on Friday nights in the cities of his choosing on the topics of his choosing in the style of his choosing, Beto's camp counterproposed 7 debates with 2 in Spanish and one in El Paso and have them not be fall Friday nights, Cruz camp refuses to return phone calls and publicly states that the terms are not negotiable.  Beto's camp doesn't agree with that.  Cruz camp just asking questions about why Beto doesn't want to debate.