The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

On 2/10/2023 at 12:40 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

Looks like our man @HamsterHookah has begun his standard downhill slide towards banishment.  Is this #4 or #5?

I'll make a deal with you, come back as @HonkeyVape and I'll promise to pos rep your first post.

I see he's bleeding red rep now.  Up next, DookieCough

f9d774cddfb75f3592062ffa710467ca.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

These people are very fucked up in the head …

Republicans are a cult. They reject logic and commons sense. They listen to constant disinformation, and now, even “mainstream” news organizations feed their alternate reality. It started with Church groups, continued with Rush Limbaugh, and then Fox News legitimized it, and finally Trump ripped the bandaid off, and pure unfettered propaganda became the norm

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Fuck that. Bald eagles are rad and we need more of them.

Seeing a bald eagle up close is one of the great things about America. Hearing their weak ass screech is a bit underwhelming, but seeing them is awesome. 

For those of you who don't know, now you know. 

CSB, my wife used to work for an organization that helped bring the bald eagles back so I've seen them up close. They wouldn't let me hold one though. They would take them and other birds to local schools and teach the kids about them. I thought it was pretty cool.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/2/2023 at 6:13 PM, BamaATL said:

The Iraqi Dinar scam, which I knew several people, I presume that graduated to Magaists, got ensnared in.  That was very cultish in its own right, even when I presented solid facts it didn't deter them, they'd buy more into it.  Circle the wagons so to speak.  

There's a sucker born every minute, and there were a shitload of minutes between 1945 and 1965.  

Man i forgot about that Iraqi Dinar scam. Pretty much every person I know in the oilfield born before 1960 got ensnared in that shit.  There's something about conservatives and their penchant for paranoia that makes them perfect marks for scammers. Even as a kid back in the late 80s & early 90s I picked up on the fact that the radio ads that came on during Rush Limbaugh's time slot were much more likely to have a scammish quality to it.  And the same goes for ads on Foxnews or any conservative show on xm radio. The scammers know where their bread is buttered. Now that I think about it, the current state of the conservative movement was highly predictable given just this little bit of insight.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Man i forgot about that Iraqi Dinar scam. Pretty much every person I know in the oilfield born before 1960 got ensnared in that shit.  There's something about conservatives and their penchant for paranoia that makes them perfect marks for scammers. Even as a kid back in the late 80s & early 90s I picked up on the fact that the radio ads that came on during Rush Limbaugh's time slot were much more likely to have a scammish quality to it.  And the same goes for ads on Foxnews or any conservative show on xm radio. The scammers know where their bread is buttered. Now that I think about it, the current state of the conservative movement was highly predictable given just this little bit of insight.  

Again, chapter eleven billion in Brisket kicking himself for not getting in in scamming these gullible morons. Enrich myself. Destroy the lives of people who are trying to wreck the republic. Win-win.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Again, chapter eleven billion in Brisket kicking himself for not getting in in scamming these gullible morons. Enrich myself. Destroy the lives of people who are trying to wreck the republic. Win-win.

You could even salve your conscience by using some of your riches to help people that deserve help. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bullneck said:

^^^^ There's some landowner/developer in his district with bald eagle nests stopping them from clear cutting to build McMansions.

I imagine there is a webpage or app that spins thru 20 ridiculous topics that trigger the right. Landed on endangered species today. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

When does the prospectus come out for your MS-13 insurance scam (I meant plan)?  I'm very interested, I think the return would be quite nice.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Why do 12 year-olds care about the soul of the nation?  Don't they have shit in Fortnite or Minecraft to do?

Because influencers make tons of money. He even mentions the money his rival influencers make. That’s his goal. 

But lol at blaming Democratic policies for housing affordability. That’s top shelf gaslighting 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Someone should tell Nico that once the people he wants voters to vote for assume power, they're coming for his coconut ass next.

There's good money in the "being a sellout" grift.

Signed, 

Diamond (or Silk...whichever one of them is still alive)

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Because influencers make tons of money. He even mentions the money his rival influencers make. That’s his goal. 

But lol at blaming Democratic policies for housing affordability. That’s top shelf gaslighting 

If he's 12, he's not even a definitive Gen Z. Cutoff seems to be 2008-12 depending on where you look. He's right on the border with Gen Alpha - which, I'm sure conservative Twitter will love that one.

As for the policy bit, bad housing and land use policy is a proud bipartisan tradition in this country. Neither party can really credibly get into trashing the other on that front.

It might just be my naive Hispanic ass, but it does seem like this year has been a more robust celebration of Juneteenth.  And then this next part will probably be a lame attempt at wokeness but I think back to that Chris Rock bit about MLK Day in Arizona.  And we're with some folks over the weekend, very well to do white people.  And they're wondering why Juneteenth has gotten so big.  And nothing racist, but just "why such a thing all of a sudden."  And I just thought of Rock's bit about, "Doesn't matter.  You don't gotta do any Black shit."  Some people living a literal nightmare found out it was over finally.  Have a beer and let it be.  We went to the Carver Museum in East Austin and had a blast.  I keep forgetting that kids literally can't see color.  I mean, I know we as adults say it at times to seem cool at music festivals.  But it's cool that they just want to play and have fun and connect.  And I told them the little bit that I knew about Juneteenth.  And that basically, "It's summertime.  We're gonna eat BBQ and play."  And my oldest learned about it in 2nd grade this year (before Dan Patrick send in stormtroopers to shut down the lesson).  You don't gotta do any Black shit.  And if you don't wanna explain it to your young kids, I get it---I didn't really know how to talk to my kids about it.  But fuck it, have some fun, celebrate emancipation and let your kids learn some stuff. 

FFS-in Chicago growing up we got a day off for Casimir Pulaski Day.  My older cousin was watching us while my mom was in hospital.  And then one day we said we didn't have to go to school because of this holiday.  And she's half Hispanic  from South Texas with understandably little regard for Polish military history.  And she thinks we're completely full of shit.  She makes some calls.  By the end of the day it's "Ah fuck it, let's grill some sausage" and she gets hammered on vodka.  

Liberation is Liberating.  Muh Freedoms are all of ours.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Argyle schools used to celebrate Sam Bass Day. We got a half day off and an official mixed message.

Wait, the Black limo driver from Nakatomi Plaza opened up a learning institution?  Now THAT is a cause for celebration. Dude was just a wanna be DJ when I knew him and his teddy bear.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1