The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

57 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Why are radical conservatives obsessed with having a civil war and the year 1776? This is beyond disturbing. These people are mentally sick. And then they always compare it to the Holocaust or slavery which has nothing to do with their crimes.

Bring it assholes

Valhalla calls to me

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

23 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

So, we can expect to see a rewritten, MAGA-approved Bible.

Sirs, it seems you have not seen my fine advertisements for the superior product in the Bible and Biblical publishing products arena....

banner.jpg

DM me to place your order, and I'll also send you a special offer for Jim Bakker potato soup survival buckets.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Why are radical conservatives obsessed with having a civil war and the year 1776? This is beyond disturbing. These people are mentally sick. And then they always compare it to the Holocaust or slavery which has nothing to do with their crimes.

And guess what this rep does while not inciting violence?  You guessed it!  Youth minister.  Is this fucking simulation even trying any more?  

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

They talk a lot about civil war but get upset and surprised when someone shoots back.

Pussies.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Bullneck said:

https://www.rawstory.com/anthony-sabatini-2663191012/?cx_testId=4&cx_testVariant=cx_undefined&cx_artPos=8&cx_experienceId=EXC93HV4HK4I#cxrecs_s

This guy has been shooting his mouth off for years.  Glad to see someone looked into his "work."  Imagine having this guy voting on aid to Ukraine, where thousands of innocent people have die due to Russian aggression or policies meant to control climate control:

The Daily Beast’s review of the paper found that Sabatini lifted an astonishing amount of content verbatim from other sources. Worse, Sabatini — who double-majored in history and philosophy before being admitted to law school, also at the University of Florida — frequently pulls his passages from Wikipedia, and presents them without the required quotation marks or any clear attribution whatsoever.

In some instances, Sabatini injected slightly different words here and there — ripples in the streams of the thoughts, ideas, and words of other people, which he arrogated as his own. And in places where Sabatini does reference a secondary source, those references themselves frequently appear to be incorrect and, often, according to a plagiarism expert, entirely made up.

That plagiarism expert, Stanford University professor Mark Algee-Hewitt, called the thesis “a fascinating text from a plagiarism standpoint.”

“Many of the references to his secondary sources seem largely fabricated, right down to the page numbers,” he said. According to the Daily Beast, the review of Sabatini’s thesis revealed even “ the very first sentence” of his paper “is plagiarized.”  The congressional hopeful also appeared to lift passages directly from Wikipedia, comprising what the Beast describes as “a stretch of totally uncited writing so long that it’s almost courageous.”

Sabatini is currently running an “America First” campaign for Congress, challenging current U.S. Rep. Daniel Webster in Florida’s 11th Congressional District. Florida Politics reports Sabatini “ has run on a far-right platform, associating himself with figures like former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn.  “We are going to use this momentum to win and take our fight to abolish the FBI, build the wall, and gut the Department of Justice like a fish to Congress,” Sabatini said in a statement, Florida Politics reports.

Their positions are all based on one premise: no one reads anything anymore.

The Plagiarist and Daniel Webster?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBig said:

All I could think about is the weird placement of that thermostat

That's a fair point, but it may also be a security system pad.  Still, odd to have either in your kitchen just above the counter top.  It's almost like someone on cocaine designed the house.  

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

They talk a lot about civil war but get upset and surprised when someone shoots back.

Pussies.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm definitely at the "I wish a muthafucka would" stage with these cowardly pieces of shit.  Fucking BRING IT.

They've been talking about this for years.  What they really mean is "I wish somebody else would start something because I don't want to risk anything for it!"

These are the folks who egged on the January 6 insurgents from the comfort of their keyboards, but who weren't willing to do anything, not even willing to step up and pay the legal bills of the Jan 6 loons.

And they think they'll win.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

image.jpeg.356e473889c755f0dfad6fcc70458c54.jpeg

No way the new Bible will be a book - the current batch of Christians don't even fake reading.  Will definitely be an audiobook played 24/7 on am radio / Youtube featuring this guy ...

I'm lucky I guess. My olds (boomers) have gotten quiet about Trump and don't say anything at get togethers. I don't either. I think they realize they have been conned in the most humiliating way but aren't ready to find out. Like everyone (including me) it is difficult to fully admit you were wrong. 
...and they will hold their nose and vote for whomever is the R anyway.
Same here. It's like they don't bring politics up. It's this awkward avoidance. I don't want to verbalize that they've lost my respect and they sure as shit don't want to hear it.

5 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

And I hope that judge ain’t blind

When Terry called Jackson at the provided number, the congressman said he was “fucking pissed” about the incident, and said the deputies had used bad judgment. He demanded an investigation and consequences for the deputies involved. After threatening to “bury” the sheriff in the next election, Jackson ended the call with the phrase, “Game on,” Terry wrote in the report. 

Law enforcement officials have not yet released footage of the incident, but Terry’s report said that he has reviewed tapes and agreed that the deputies actions were justified.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Cuss out a cop, spit in his face

Stomp on the flag and light it up

Yeah, ya think you're tough

Well, try that in a small town

See how far ya make it down the road

Around here, we take care of our own

You cross that line, it won't take long

For you to find out, I recommend you don't

Try that in a small town

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Cuss out a cop, spit in his face

Stomp on the flag and light it up

Yeah, ya think you're tough

Well, try that in a small town

See how far ya make it down the road

Around here, we take care of our own

You cross that line, it won't take long

For you to find out, I recommend you don't

Try that in a small town

Good god, are those the real words?

All traitors should swing from a rope …

Describing his trip to Auschwitz, Mike Flynn blames the Jews for being exterminated in WWII because there were “thousands of them and not many guards” and the Jews willingly went along with the Nazis: “OK here’s my child and got on the train.”

Someone put this Nazi in prison.👇

https://x.com/jimstewartson/status/1690197383228125184?s=46&t=cH-LvFrUDSIxqTdoyXUTxg

• Rage+1 3

What's with so many on the right being obsessed with the Holocaust or slavery and blaming the victims for their historical predicament. It's also the far-right conservative that wants to give a dissertation of the many reasons that led to the Civil War and it's so much easier to just say, slavery. You can then move onto a new topic. 

I imagine that some will still be making these same arguments in 200 years in whatever form the US is at that time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Paid wall so can’t read.  Do they actually have the votes to do this, get it passed through their senate, and do they have the ability to appoint a GQP replacement?

Probably- because of the referenced severe gerrymandering. 

in a state that is basically 50-50 +\- 0.5 in either direction statewide, their senate is 21-11 R and their assembly is 63-35 R. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Rage+1 4

33 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Paid wall so can’t read.  Do they actually have the votes to do this, get it passed through their senate, and do they have the ability to appoint a GQP replacement?

Yes they do (need 50 House votes and they have 64), yes they do (need 2/3 of the Senate and have it, but cannot afford a single defection), no they do not. Governor appoints replacements  

Also after the election, the senate GOP leader did not agree with the House GOP leader on doing this. But that was back in April. 

On 8/12/2023 at 8:25 AM, brown water said:

And I hope that judge ain’t blind

When Terry called Jackson at the provided number, the congressman said he was “fucking pissed” about the incident, and said the deputies had used bad judgment. He demanded an investigation and consequences for the deputies involved. After threatening to “bury” the sheriff in the next election, Jackson ended the call with the phrase, “Game on,” Terry wrote in the report. 

Law enforcement officials have not yet released footage of the incident, but Terry’s report said that he has reviewed tapes and agreed that the deputies actions were justified.

This exchange cracked me up

• Haha 1

Not even sure where this goes, but it can lead to death, so  . . . .

Barrels Of Drinking Water For Migrants Walking Through Texas Have Disappeared

As the heat rises in Texas, law enforcement is working to untangle a mystery involving the disappearance of a life-saving measure.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/immigration-missing-water-stations-texas_n_64d7fd83e4b01778ea6f48ad

• Rage+1 1