The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

3 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

This is how you deal with these assholes  skirting questions and trying to get their canned talking points in

The difference here is he is just trying to get a simple yes/no answer to a simple question from an asshole that  is coming on this show for a reason.  Regular humans that I meet in my everyday life aren't getting paid to answer this.  So when I ask them, they can dodge and/or go into some spastic Newsmax calisthenics without any recourse, other than me looking at them strangely and giving them a pack of gummy worms and then asking them to try again.  And by then I've lost interest.

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Regular humans that I meet in my everyday life aren't getting paid to answer this.  So when I ask them, they can dodge and/or go into some spastic Newsmax calisthenics without any recourse, other than me looking at them strangely and giving them a pack of gummy worms and then asking them to try again.  And by then I've lost interest.

Have you tried pushing them out in front of a train? 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

ok, I agree, but I guess what I'm really trying to understand is how to counter the lies that these people put out.  Again, my initial reaction is just "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU AND HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY BELIEVE THIS NONSENSE!?!?!"

That doesn't seem productive.  I'm just starting Medhi Hasan's book about public speaking and debate, so I'm hoping that helps.  He is a smart motherfucker.

Here’s a couple of things:

1) if you believe that the lies are the truth, you kind of have to believe that the truth is lies.  Because they are the opposite of what you believe. 

2) if you WANT to believe the lies are the truth for whatever reason, you will not be listening to any argument and budging an inch. 

with those two things in mind, your efforts are futile. Not saying you shouldn’t make the attempt, but I am saying you should expect to be wholely unsuccessful and approach it as such. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 8/8/2023 at 3:26 PM, Biff Tannen said:

ok, I agree, but I guess what I'm really trying to understand is how to counter the lies that these people put out.  Again, my initial reaction is just "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU AND HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY BELIEVE THIS NONSENSE!?!?!"

That doesn't seem productive.  I'm just starting Medhi Hasan's book about public speaking and debate, so I'm hoping that helps.  He is a smart motherfucker.

You likely won't succeed, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try. Some rare instances have worked, so it's worth a shot. Just don't blame yourself if it fails, because it probably will.

The root cause of the problem is, you are dealing with a world of facts, while they are dealing with a world of feelings. You can point as many facts out as you want, but they will override those facts with what they want to be true. If you point out too many facts, they'll get mad, because you are challenging the lies that have constructed the world view they want to be in. 

Then, as soon as the conversation with you ends, they will go right back to mainlining right wing lies straight into their veins, because that makes them feel good. 

It's really hard to compete with the firehose of lies they eagerly consume. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, TexasHooch said:

Now that's a Gofundme I'd happily support!

11 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Please do this.

Yep, have a couple of relatives I will happily pass that news along to, in the hopes that they will go.

They will be happy (well, until they get there), and their family will be happy.

On 8/8/2023 at 3:36 PM, Biff Tannen said:

Not sure where to put this really, but I'm sitting here listening to one of my "liberal" podcasts, ok, it's Pod Save America.  These are ex-Obama staffers, for those who don't know.  While they are clearly liberal, they (as far as I can tell) deal in logic and facts.  I mean, they literally explain the laws, the procedures, and how everything works in Washington, which is why I find it to be such an informative podcast.  They obviously point out how Trump and the Rs are either disingenuous, lying grifters or batshit crazy.  They back these claims up with evidence and facts.  And common fucking sense.

Meanwhile, I see things like Ben Shapiro, Joe Rogan, Fox News, Charlie Kirk, etc that CLEARLY deal in lies.  They just make shit up about how the government works, how laws are interpreted, etc.  They have no evidence, no facts, no nothing.

My question is:  Am I missing something here?  Am I wrong and being blinded by partisanship?  

I'm asking because I'm working on how to deal with certain family members and friends in the coming year leading up to the election.  My current strategy of "what the fuck is wrong with you?" or "are you some kind of damned moron?" isn't probably a viable option, if I really want to try and change their minds.

As other's have said, you're not going to reach them. You can't change their minds unless you agree to get them to stop consuming any kind of media. 

On 8/8/2023 at 6:48 PM, Stilicho said:

It's not productive and I hope you have better luck at it than I did. I'm the outlier in the my family, the rest have all gone smooth-brained MAGA since he won in 2016.

We basically severed ties. Holidays get-togethers are conducted under a flag of truce / Romulan neutral zone-type situation.

We couldn't reach them in 2018 or 2020, so we just gave up. You're not really arguing from the same place as true believers. You can argue facts and logic, correlation and causation, cognitive dissonance and implicit bias, and none of it matters. 

It's who they've become. It's fundamental to them.

It's like some sort of all consuming drug / religion / tribal high. Their whole worldview has warped to a point where fanfiction keeps this high running at all costs. Even at the expense of their kids and grandkids. 

This would be me. I'm willing to cut off family entirely. 

On 8/8/2023 at 11:28 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Here’s a couple of things:

1) if you believe that the lies are the truth, you kind of have to believe that the truth is lies.  Because they are the opposite of what you believe. 

2) if you WANT to believe the lies are the truth for whatever reason, you will not be listening to any argument and budging an inch. 

with those two things in mind, your efforts are futile. Not saying you shouldn’t make the attempt, but I am saying you should expect to be wholely unsuccessful and approach it as such. 

Yup. Don't get too down on yourself if you don't find success. 

• Like 1

I'm lucky I guess. My olds (boomers) have gotten quiet about Trump and don't say anything at get togethers. I don't either. I think they realize they have been conned in the most humiliating way but aren't ready to find out. Like everyone (including me) it is difficult to fully admit you were wrong. 

...and they will hold their nose and vote for whomever is the R anyway.

4 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Five Patriot Front members are suing an "Antifa operative"  who infiltrated them and exposed their names publicly.  The most hilarious part of the article?

"The five plaintiffs suing Capito allege that being doxxed as Patriot Front supporters created a cascade of emotional and financial damages. Plaintiff “Gancarz was a civil engineer, earning approximately $107,000 a year,” its says. “He lost that job as result of Capito’s actions.” Plaintiff Turetchi “was discharged from the real estate brokerage where he was employed as a real estate agent and was unable to associate with any other brokerage,” the suit says, “thus preventing him from continuing to pursue his real estate career.

Plaintiff Brown not only lost a $50,000 a year gig as an electrician’s assistant, he also “became estranged from his father, who required him to leave the Brown residence,” the suit records. “Brown thus found himself without a home and without a job” and is still having “difficulties finding employment."

As for the Johnsons? The suit says they had to move after the doxxing resulted in “a hostile environment for [them] in their neighborhood.” For James Johnson, an HVAC technician, relocating “disrupted his relationship with his union, resulting in a one-third loss in his yearly income.” Ameilia Johnson was allegedly “fired from her job in which she was earning $60,000 a year.”

Patriot Front: White Nationalists Sue Over Exposure as White Nationalists – Rolling Stone

The five racists are: 

• Paul Gancarz of Virginia
  • Daniel Turetchi of Pennsylvania
  • Colton Brown of Utah
  • James Johnson of Washington state
  • Amelia Johnson of Washington state

Rob Thomas on Twitter: "@mattzollerseitz https://t.co/uXuLo34rNO" / Twitter

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

GOP MAGA loudmouth candidate Anthony Sabatini plagiarized massive segments of his college thesis ---- from Wikipedia.  He also cited sources that don't exist etc...

How does the GOP continue to come up with these guys?

"It bears emphasizing that, had Sabatini been caught, it would have changed the course of his entire life. Most college students would not only have received an F for their capstone work; they would likely be thrown out of school. Sabatini would not have graduated—let alone with honors—and would not have been accepted into law school. He would not have become a lawyer, would not have become a Claremont Institute honoree, and would not have been able to parlay his legal work into a career in right-wing loudmouth politics. He would have doubtlessly led an entirely different existence."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-candidate-anthony-sabatini-plagiarized-massive-segments-of-his-college-thesis?source=twitter&via=desktop

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

Thought I’d c/p the whole text of the above tweet:

BREAKING: Idaho’s largest newspaper humiliates Trump’s “Patriot Front” white supremacists in a devastating op-ed after they file a lawsuit complaining that they’ve lost their jobs and been shunned by their families after their identities exposed to the public. In the brutal op-ed, the editors of the Idaho Statesman didn’t mince words and showed zero sympathy for the pro-Trump’s neo-nazis, declaring that, “What they’re really upset about is suffering the consequences of their abhorrent views — views that they feel so strongly about, they don’t want anyone to know about. The plaintiffs say they were fired from their jobs, have been threatened at their homes and have had their tires slashed, among other things. The editorial continues, “Actions have consequences. It’s a warped view of freedom of expression when Patriot Front members attempt to completely conceal their ownership of said expression. Hiding behind anonymity has become an all-too-common feature of white nationalist and extremist trolls who lurk in the shadows of social media, hiding behind bogus accounts and fake avatars, spewing hate, sowing division, and threatening and intimidating others. The brutal takedown continues, “It’s that anonymity that allows their putrescent views to grow and spread like a flesh-eating bacteria — except in this case, it’s more like a brain-eating disease. The fact the Patriot Front members’ main complaint is that they’ve suffered for being associated with these views is telling. The fact that employers — even their own relatives, in the case of Brown — want nothing to do with them tells you all you need to know. The editorial ends with a bang, “If Patriot Front members believe that they are right and just, why not attach their names to their beliefs and putrid goals? Otherwise, they’re just behaving in a cowardly fashion, hiding behind ridiculous masks, fake social media accounts and in the darkness of the back of a U-Haul van." Well said!

• Hook 'Em 3

You know, when I posted about the Patriot Front earlier I was going to post exactly what the Idaho newspaper wrote in that editorial, though probably not as elegantly.

If these folks are all gung-ho about this world that they want and think it's going to be so wonderful, why not get out into the sunshine, stand on a soapbox, and start trying to convince the rest of us to join them?

So somehow Rick Perry and Adam Sandler had a baby, and it grew up to be...really quickly I might add...about as old as they are.  And it found a bullhorn, a beauty pageant circuit, and a penchant for pedophilia.  And we're all just gonna talk about his buddy's hat?  Sorry, I believe in a higher power...but fuck your faith...we live in a computer simulation.  

25 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

So somehow Rick Perry and Adam Sandler had a baby, and it grew up to be...really quickly I might add...about as old as they are.  And it found a bullhorn, a beauty pageant circuit, and a penchant for pedophilia.  And we're all just gonna talk about his buddy's hat?  Sorry, I believe in a higher power...but fuck your faith...we live in a computer simulation.  

That dude is trolling them...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

We've been over this before. The problem is that they are conned. I mean literally have had a con game run on them. They are in the middle of having dollars siphoned out of their bank accounts. They do this willingly. Buying 2000 Mules. Going to see that newest shitty movie with the delusional man that played Jesus when he first got a pile of their cash.

It's a grift. It's a con. It's got cult behavior. It splits families and the active pursuing of this mass delusion foisted upon them might result in federal prison. Perhaps a bullet if you want to break into a secure area. Maybe a little shocky shocky for you sovereign citizen and you can wake up on the right side of the dirt instead.

Conned.

That's why facts make them dig in harder. Most of the time. I'll share Pods cup of hope that they might be one of few that get a fucking clue and are willing to debase themselves with a social suicide. Because that's what it is to them. If you admit you were a dumbass and got suckered it's not an easy pill to swallow.

Well good luck Biff. 

Maybe you can get through the wall of noise.

s5ursuops6hb1.jpg

I'm sure similar things were said about John Wayne Gacy. Good riddance ya fucking terrorist

Five Patriot Front members are suing an "Antifa operative"  who infiltrated them and exposed their names publicly.  The most hilarious part of the article?

"The five plaintiffs suing Capito allege that being doxxed as Patriot Front supporters created a cascade of emotional and financial damages. Plaintiff “Gancarz was a civil engineer, earning approximately $107,000 a year,” its says. “He lost that job as result of Capito’s actions.” Plaintiff Turetchi “was discharged from the real estate brokerage where he was employed as a real estate agent and was unable to associate with any other brokerage,” the suit says, “thus preventing him from continuing to pursue his real estate career.

Plaintiff Brown not only lost a $50,000 a year gig as an electrician’s assistant, he also “became estranged from his father, who required him to leave the Brown residence,” the suit records. “Brown thus found himself without a home and without a job” and is still having “difficulties finding employment."

As for the Johnsons? The suit says they had to move after the doxxing resulted in “a hostile environment for [them] in their neighborhood.” For James Johnson, an HVAC technician, relocating “disrupted his relationship with his union, resulting in a one-third loss in his yearly income.” Ameilia Johnson was allegedly “fired from her job in which she was earning $60,000 a year.”

Patriot Front: White Nationalists Sue Over Exposure as White Nationalists – Rolling Stone

The five racists are: 
  • Paul Gancarz of Virginia
  • Daniel Turetchi of Pennsylvania
  • Colton Brown of Utah
  • James Johnson of Washington state
  • Amelia Johnson of Washington state

I must’ve missed the go fund me for the doxxer hero’s legal bills?

https://www.rawstory.com/anthony-sabatini-2663191012/?cx_testId=4&cx_testVariant=cx_undefined&cx_artPos=8&cx_experienceId=EXC93HV4HK4I#cxrecs_s

This guy has been shooting his mouth off for years.  Glad to see someone looked into his "work."  Imagine having this guy voting on aid to Ukraine, where thousands of innocent people have die due to Russian aggression or policies meant to control climate control:

The Daily Beast’s review of the paper found that Sabatini lifted an astonishing amount of content verbatim from other sources. Worse, Sabatini — who double-majored in history and philosophy before being admitted to law school, also at the University of Florida — frequently pulls his passages from Wikipedia, and presents them without the required quotation marks or any clear attribution whatsoever.

In some instances, Sabatini injected slightly different words here and there — ripples in the streams of the thoughts, ideas, and words of other people, which he arrogated as his own. And in places where Sabatini does reference a secondary source, those references themselves frequently appear to be incorrect and, often, according to a plagiarism expert, entirely made up.

That plagiarism expert, Stanford University professor Mark Algee-Hewitt, called the thesis “a fascinating text from a plagiarism standpoint.”

“Many of the references to his secondary sources seem largely fabricated, right down to the page numbers,” he said. According to the Daily Beast, the review of Sabatini’s thesis revealed even “ the very first sentence” of his paper “is plagiarized.”  The congressional hopeful also appeared to lift passages directly from Wikipedia, comprising what the Beast describes as “a stretch of totally uncited writing so long that it’s almost courageous.”

Sabatini is currently running an “America First” campaign for Congress, challenging current U.S. Rep. Daniel Webster in Florida’s 11th Congressional District. Florida Politics reports Sabatini “ has run on a far-right platform, associating himself with figures like former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn.  “We are going to use this momentum to win and take our fight to abolish the FBI, build the wall, and gut the Department of Justice like a fish to Congress,” Sabatini said in a statement, Florida Politics reports.

Their positions are all based on one premise: no one reads anything anymore.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 3

Why are radical conservatives obsessed with having a civil war and the year 1776? This is beyond disturbing. These people are mentally sick. And then they always compare it to the Holocaust or slavery which has nothing to do with their crimes.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 3

21 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Why are radical conservatives obsessed with having a civil war and the year 1776? This is beyond disturbing. These people are mentally sick. And then they always compare it to the Holocaust or slavery which has nothing to do with their crimes.

gravy seals and meal team 6 can't walk to the end of the block, much less start a civil war

the real threat, white supremist groups targeting 'soft targets', but then again ultra maga, gravy seals, meal team 6 would melt without their ac and refrigerators