The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

On 1/3/2024 at 9:32 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Dubious source as Newsweek is nothing now but lol if true. 

At least 75 percent of the state committee, which has just over 100 members, would need to back a motion to remove Karamo as chair, although this could be reduced to a two-thirds threshold if such a move was supported in a separate agenda in a two-thirds vote.

So it’s 3/4 but you could take a separate vote to make it 2/3 that only needs 2/3 to pass.  Ingenious. 

The Dan Patrick rule. Just wait til 2/3 is too much

CNN just showed a disturbing poll:

Do you think FBI operatives instigated Jan 6?
True - 25%
False - 48%
Not sure - 26%
No opinion - 2%

Yeah, this country is turbo fucked.

The Trump appointed director of the FBI worked with the rest of the leftist FBI agents to set it all up. It’s pretty simple to understand. If you know any law enforcement people they are generally straight up Marxists.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

These motherfuckers are unhinged.

Oh gee, Mr. Fuentes no problem there. I won't say a word when I walk up and place a used tampon in your hand. That's the closest you're ever going to get to a female's intimate parts heaven knows.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Oh gee, Mr. Fuentes no problem there. I won't say a word when I walk up and place a used tampon in your hand. That's the closest you're ever going to get to a female's intimate parts heaven knows.

And the store brand name of that Tampon product?  

you guessed it, “White Supreme”

I was visiting friends in the Grapevine Southlake area. It is disturbingly white with Maga shops in their commercial districts. Also the commercials there are straight up wingnut propaganda from evangelical bullshit to lies about climate change. 

Fucking wierd

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

37 minutes ago, pacman said:

FAFO

Screenshot_20240106_114110_X.jpg

they need to hand this out hand for free 

2 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

I was visiting friends in the Grapevine Southlake area. It is disturbingly white with Maga shops in their commercial districts. Also the commercials there are straight up wingnut propaganda from evangelical bullshit to lies about climate change. 

Fucking wierd

atomic bomb explosion GIF

• Haha 1

Stefanik giving a master class on obfuscation, lying, gaslighting, and fast talking over her interviewer to push insane right wing conspiracies on Meet the Press right now. 

If the press had any spine, they would cut her mic and call her on all of it. But they don’t. 

• Rage+1 2

17 minutes ago, Underdog said:

They most likely give out ammo on Halloween. 

After spending hundreds on Trump flags and signs, I doubt they could afford it.

The guy who posted that had some video of stuff happening yesterday.  I’ve never seen so many men who have never been voluntarily laid outside of a comic book convention

half expecting this to break out:

south park GIF

• Haha 4

So my little trip up to North Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas/Missouri this past week, besides seeing even more pot dispensaries and signs/billboards all over Oklahoma, was fairly uneventful.  I saw some Trump bumper stickers and a few flags, but most appeared to be from the 2020 election.  Most political signs were for local elections.

One thing I noticed - not nearly as many homes and businesses covered in Trump paraphernalia as in years past.  It was very noticeable.  Sure, there were a few homes/businesses, but not like in years past.  I don’t know if it’s being associated with a loser, or businesses realizing they would lose non-Trump customers, but it was odd.

Also, I really wonder what all of the legal pot places in Oklahoma are doing to their politics in the long run.  At one of the family get togethers, the majority of my Okie relatives were jokingly showing off medical marijuana patient cards, and it damn near sounded like doctors were handing them out for anything.  Like it’s an AARP thing or something with the olds, and the younger ones were getting them for sprained ankles or something.  They were doing it because somebody joked that Texans would never have that right and Oklahomans had more freedoms.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think fewer people are being as open in their support of Dotard as they were in the past. Hence fewer signs, flags, etc., but come voting day they will not think twice about voting for him. He'll still get north of 70 million votes like he did in 2020.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Stefanik giving a master class on obfuscation, lying, gaslighting, and fast talking over her interviewer to push insane right wing conspiracies on Meet the Press right now. 

If the press had any spine, they would cut her mic and call her on all of it. But they don’t. 

Meanwhile Mike Johnson was on Face the Nation spewing his own b.s.

9 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I think fewer people are being as open in their support of Dotard as they were in the past. Hence fewer signs, flags, etc., but come voting day they will not think twice about voting for him. He'll still get north of 70 million votes like he did in 2020.

Agree with your take. If Trump does not get the nod, then they'll either sit out or vote for whomever has the 'R.' I'm rather worried about the whole 'removing from the ballot' thing as setting a not so great precedent for drummed up foolish reasons being floated in the future for election officials (whose offices have been increasingly taken over by bad faith actors) to remove viable candidates in order to remove options for voters. IOW, I have concerns that while the Trump/Colorado situation seemed to be legit, that perhaps it was a trial balloon in order to make elections less about worthy candidates and more about rigging the vote since god forbid the voters actually get to exercise their constitutional rights.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

they should commit mass suicide 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

Agreed on not openly supporting him, although I wonder if he'll get 70 million, because he's spending too much time dealing with legal shit and whining about (thereby drawing attention to it), and he's spending too much time telling MAGA that everything is rigged against him.  If MAGA believes that he will lose because it's all rigged against him, why bother wasting the time to vote?

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/06/politics/michigan-republicans-vote-to-oust-embattled-chair-kristina-karamo/index.html#:~:text=Michigan Republicans voted Saturday to,in a statement to CNN.

Michigan Republicans voted Saturday to oust Kristina Karamo, the embattled chair of the state Republican Party, from her leadership role.

“We have made history today,” Bree Moeggenberg, who is on the Michigan GOP’s state committee, said in a statement to CNN. “With over 88% of the members that were present and voting, we have taken the first step to engage and protect the various voices and liberties of all Republicans … we have voted to remove Kristina Karamo as the Chair of the Michigan Republican Party.”

Karamo slammed her colleagues in response, telling CNN in a statement Saturday evening that “it was an illegitimate meeting.”

“Their performance has no legal standing, I am still chair of the Michigan Republican Party,” Karamo said.

The move to remove Karamo as chair came in a closed-door meeting Saturday in Oakland County, according to the Detroit News. It comes less than a year after Karamo became chair.

Malinda Pego, who previously served as co-chair and will now serve as acting chair of the Michigan GOP, defended Saturday’s vote in a statement shared with CNN.

“Petitions with the required signatures requesting the meeting and vote to remove former Chairwoman Kristina Karamo and former General Counsel were submitted accordingly and pursuant to the Michigan Republican State Committee Bylaws before the vote was taken and passed with over the needed 75% threshold,” Pego said, adding the party “remains steadfast in its commitment to operate with the highest integrity and ethics.”

More GIF by Shorty Awards

Okay...since you asked nicely

Karamo’s ouster comes weeks after the censure of another state Republican Party chair. The leadership of Florida’s Republican Party voted last month to censure Chairman Christian Ziegler as he faces an investigation into sexual assault allegations. While Ziegler still retains his title, the group reduced his salary to $1 annually, and Ziegler can no longer hire or fire staff, speak on behalf of the Florida GOP or raise funds for the party.

Florida GOP officials are expected to vote to officially oust Ziegler on Monday.

Michigan and Florida outing their Republican Party chairs to start off 2024.  Family values and all that jazz.

Thats Nice Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

After spending hundreds on Trump flags and signs, I doubt they could afford it.

The guy who posted that had some video of stuff happening yesterday.  I’ve never seen so many men who have never been voluntarily laid outside of a comic book convention

half expecting this to break out:

south park GIF

If they were proud wouldn't they show their faces?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/06/politics/michigan-republicans-vote-to-oust-embattled-chair-kristina-karamo/index.html#:~:text=Michigan Republicans voted Saturday to,in a statement to CNN.

More GIF by Shorty Awards

Okay...since you asked nicely

Michigan and Florida outing their Republican Party chairs to start off 2024.  Family values and all that jazz.

Thats Nice Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF