The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

6 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

This guy is the quintessential Trumper to me and he's not really in your categories.

image.png.46e2b578b68d066d5a6d5b26bd733559.png

I'd describe him as something like 3rd quintile earner, sports fan, still nurses wounds from high school, living in a locale 10,000-100,000 people, furthest he's been from his house involved the words 'all inclusive'.

Every one of them has a bible verse somewhere in their feed 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Unlike back when a whole lot of Christians in this country owned slaves.

Not just slaves, but slaves that were Christian.  It pisses off some of the Southern Heritage types when you point out that maybe the Civil War was God’s punishment for owning Christian slaves.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, GenXer said:

It’s futile but tell him you’ll watch 2000 mules if he watches selections from the J6 hearings.

This one is testimony from the known RINO, deep state democrat, and trump appointed AG Bill Barr 

I generally steer the discussion to questions like:

Why would barr tell trump the election stolen stuff was bullshit?

I try to end the debate with humor by saying how the democrats really suck at stealing elections because they let the mitch and lindsay get re-elected.

Fucking Barr, man. He should still hang for lying to America about the findings in the Mueller report.

I saw a clip this morning of him on Fox News saying he’ll vote for Trump again. He said Trump is playing “Russian roulette,” (nice choice of words, you Russian-investigation-obfuscating piece of shit,) and that 4 more years of Biden would be “national suicide.”

Really, Bill? Suicide? Seems the country is doing okay. I recall the same sort of hysterical warnings coming from the GOP about an Obama presidency but we had 8 years of Obama/Biden and came out better than before. Have we forgotten Trump’s gross incompetence and mismanagement of the pandemic? Yeah, thanks for testifying that Trump lost the election and warning that a second Trump term would be a “horror show.” You’re still a traitor and a spineless coward who at the end of the day will choose party over country every time.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

But nobody gets their values from their scripture. They just interpret their scripture in whatever way is necessary to support the values they already have.

Yeah.... a whole lotta this.  For those who do see their values genuinely influenced by scripture, it's a long fucking journey.  It takes a lifetime.  Because you START with the values that are planted in you by your community and culture.  And in American community and culture....the values of actual gospel-based Christianity are quite plainly counter-cultural and radical.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

But the Bible endorses slavery. If you believe that the Bible is the holy word of God and if you really get your values from your scripture then you should be perfectly fine with slavery. That’s a-okay with God. He just tells you how to treat them, he never said slavery is wrong.

But nobody gets their values from their scripture. They just interpret their scripture in whatever way is necessary to support the values they already have.

It’s a myth that “mainstream Christianity” has ever approached anything that’s pure and loving and kind, anything that conforms to the teachings of the character Jesus in the Bible (which never included a denunciation of slavery). Religions are man-made socio-political institutions that evolve alongside the societies that practice them. Christianity has always been employed to defend our darkest impulses just as readily as, if not more-so than our finest. 

The Bible does not endorse chattel slavery. 

8 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Fucking Barr, man. He should still hang for lying to America about the findings in the Mueller report.

I saw a clip this morning of him on Fox News saying he’ll vote for Trump again. He said Trump is playing “Russian roulette,” (nice choice of words, you Russian-investigation-obfuscating piece of shit,) and that 4 more years of Biden would be “national suicide.”

Really, Bill? Suicide? Seems the country is doing okay. I recall the same sort of hysterical warnings coming from the GOP about an Obama presidency but we had 8 years of Obama/Biden and came out better than before. Have we forgotten Trump’s gross incompetence and mismanagement of the pandemic? Yeah, thanks for testifying that Trump lost the election and warning that a second Trump term would be a “horror show.” You’re still a traitor and a spineless coward who at the end of the day will choose party over country every time.

my (former) buddy listened to me while I explained what the Mueller report really said - this guy did really, really bad shit but while POTUS impeachment and conviction by the senate is the only remedy, and since ALL are entitled to a speedy trial, if I recommend prosecution after his term in office, he will essentially be denied that constitutional right, so I decline to so recommend.

I happen to think that is a bullshit take, his recommendation is not an indictment, but here we are.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Not just slaves, but slaves that were Christian.  It pisses off some of the Southern Heritage types when you point out that maybe the Civil War was God’s punishment for owning Christian slaves.  

I enjoy pointing out that the first people Robt E. "I cannot raise my sword against Virginia" Lee attacked were fellow Virginians in the mountains who didn't want to join his fake new country. They put a whoopin on him too.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

So? Are you suggesting the Bible endorses the good kind of slavery?

My statement was factually correct. There is no good kind of slavery., but life long slavery for a person and all his or her decedents is worse than slavery which can last no more than seven years, and which does not extend to progeny.
Be better.

Edited by Willfully Horn
More

Was going to post this in Daily but then it most likely would be deemed "political". I would get the aniBlinkingEnvelope.gif so decided to post it here. Funny how posting about bat shit crazy is political but here we are. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/constitutional-sheriffs-las-vegas-conference-rcna147487

A sheriff, a felon and a conspiracy theorist walk into a hotel. They're there for the same conference.

The Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association is urging lawmen to form posses, seize voting machines and investigate baseless claims of voter fraud.

LAS VEGAS — A conference for a far-right sheriffs group this week drew a parade of felons, disgraced politicians, election deniers, conspiracy theorists and, in the end, a few sheriffs. 

The Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, or CSPOA, met in Las Vegas’ Ahern Luxury Boutique Hotel conference center to publicly counter reports of extremism within the group and set a course for the coming election — one that involves sheriffs’ investigating what they claim, despite a lack of evidence, is rampant voter fraud. 

The group sees sheriffs as the highest authority in the U.S., more powerful than the federal government, and it wants these county officers to form posses to patrol polling places, seize voting machines and investigate the Democrats and foreign nations behind what they claim is a criminal effort to rig the vote by flooding the country with immigrants who vote illegally.  

Critics of the group — including voting rights advocates and extremism researchers — fear the CSPOA’s new focus will amount to interference and legitimize disinformation about U.S. elections. 

But the event Wednesday, which starred MAGA celebrities speaking to a half-empty audience made up of few actual sheriffs, pointed to just how fringe the group’s ideas are — and how what once seemed like a movement on its way into the mainstream has lost political pull.

6 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Was going to post this in Daily but then it most likely would be deemed "political". I would get the aniBlinkingEnvelope.gif so decided to post it here. Funny how posting about bat shit crazy is political but here we are. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/constitutional-sheriffs-las-vegas-conference-rcna147487

A sheriff, a felon and a conspiracy theorist walk into a hotel. They're there for the same conference.

The Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association is urging lawmen to form posses, seize voting machines and investigate baseless claims of voter fraud.

LAS VEGAS — A conference for a far-right sheriffs group this week drew a parade of felons, disgraced politicians, election deniers, conspiracy theorists and, in the end, a few sheriffs. 

The Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, or CSPOA, met in Las Vegas’ Ahern Luxury Boutique Hotel conference center to publicly counter reports of extremism within the group and set a course for the coming election — one that involves sheriffs’ investigating what they claim, despite a lack of evidence, is rampant voter fraud. 

The group sees sheriffs as the highest authority in the U.S., more powerful than the federal government, and it wants these county officers to form posses to patrol polling places, seize voting machines and investigate the Democrats and foreign nations behind what they claim is a criminal effort to rig the vote by flooding the country with immigrants who vote illegally.  

Critics of the group — including voting rights advocates and extremism researchers — fear the CSPOA’s new focus will amount to interference and legitimize disinformation about U.S. elections. 

But the event Wednesday, which starred MAGA celebrities speaking to a half-empty audience made up of few actual sheriffs, pointed to just how fringe the group’s ideas are — and how what once seemed like a movement on its way into the mainstream has lost political pull.

5d4a7c36-313e-4d69-9d11-b8d07afa89a1_text.gif

On 4/17/2024 at 5:33 AM, troph said:

To be fair it does come below your waist to your 20 something year old scrotum level amirite? If so you just haven’t adjusted for age and gravity- that’s a forgivable sin.

What the fuck does “Ghost of Based Patrick Henry” even mean?  It that a band or a 3-D hologram based on the life of Patrick Henry?  

what is happening to these people and where do they get these agendas?  It’s like Don, Jr. locked a half dozen Qanon leaders in a bathroom with a pound of blow and told them not to come out until they had finished it and could produce a two day Hilton conference about Satan and Child Molestation.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, YGIFS said:

What the fuck does “Ghost of Based Patrick Henry” even mean?  It that a band or a 3-D hologram based on the life of Patrick Henry?  

what is happening to these people and where do they get these agendas?  It’s like Don, Jr. locked a half dozen Qanon leaders in a bathroom with a pound of blow and told them not to come out until they had finished it and could produce a two day Hilton conference about Satan and Child Molestation.  

There is a long history of sanctification through comparing themselves to the evil in the world. The worse they become the worse the evil in the world has to be so they can be the light of the world.

its shocking, freighting, and disgusting.  It’s so bad. 

the depth of lies and the degree to which they believe this shit is going to lead us down the brisket path and that’s not a bbq food tour.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

There is a long history of sanctification through comparing themselves to the evil in the world. The worse they become the worse the evil in the world has to be so they can be the light of the world.
its shocking, freighting, and disgusting.  It’s so bad. 
the depth of lies and the degree to which they believe this shit is going to lead us down the brisket path and that’s not a bbq food tour.

“Going to?” My friend…we are already there. Look around you.
It’s mass psychosis. We’ve seen it before. And we know how it ends. There’s nothing new under the sun. Just the same evil idiocy on repeat, at least once a century (often 2-3 times).
  • Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Torbush.

Why do women hate women?

That woman is Lizzie Marbach, formerly the communications director for an Ohio anti-abortion group. Marbach was fired for being more outspoken on social media than they wished, and she used that quite capably (given that comm is her background) to spin it so it seemed she was fired for being Christian due to a person of the Jewish faith (GOP congressperson Max Miller also of Ohio) who took offense to her stating "there's no hope for any of us outside of having faith in Jesus Christ alone." That episode took place about the time that the Ohio group and she parted ways and, well she's good at getting eyeballs and outrage. (RW media picked up the whole thing and ran with it).

As for the question why do women hate women? Why do people hate in general? In Marbach's case, she is of a very religious belief and her world view is entirely shaped by that. I don't believe she wishes to question that belief at all.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
She's also very attention seeking, IMO
  • Hook 'Em 3

Holy wow Batman. That’s idiotic. Men start wars, men kill people, men rape women, men kill pregnant women, men enslave men. We’d be better off if women were subjugated to men?

holy fucking wow. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 4

I mean if the core of your political argument is that people like you instinctively have idiotic political opinions, perhaps you shouldn’t share your idiotic political opinions.

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

I mean if the core of your political argument is that people like you instinctively have idiotic political opinions, perhaps you shouldn’t share your idiotic political opinions.

Put another way, just because YOU are a bat shit crazy woman doesn’t mean WE all are… 

wait, that might not go over here as well as it sounded in my head.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1