The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19

It's like the new GOP platform and its followers' behavior is now just a list of stuff that will send you to hell.

Now I take issue with the sexual immorality and origies parts, but hey it's not my book.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19

It's like the new GOP platform and its followers' behavior is now just a list of stuff that will send you to hell.

Now I take issue with the sexual immorality and origies parts, but hey it's not my book.

I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe
But at least I’m enjoying the ride
 - Grateful Dead

• Hook 'Em 1

Groomers Only Party

A man running for office in South Dakota has been charged with child abuse, according to court documents.

Joel Matthew Koskan, 44, faces a felony child abuse charge for acts that were alleged to have happened between Oct. 5, 2014 and Oct. 5, 2020, according to a complaint filed in the sixth judicial circuit out of Mellette County. Koskan exposed the now 20-year-old victim to "sexual grooming behaviors," according to court documents.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/news/politics/2022/11/03/joel-koskan-child-abuse-charges-filed-south-dakota-candidate-election/69617716007/

running in an open seat currently held by a democrat, so maybe he won't be elected anyway. 

Edited by elfenix

Anecdote time!

Coworker who couldn't come into the office until about 2 months ago because he refused to get vaccinated asked me today if I thought hand sanitizer actually did anything.  I said, well, science says yes and I don't like being sick.  He moved along, but for fuck's sake.  Why do we have to live among these morons?

This is also the guy who consistently leads my department metrics.  Ignorance must really be bliss.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Anecdote time!

Coworker who couldn't come into the office until about 2 months ago because he refused to get vaccinated asked me today if I thought hand sanitizer actually did anything.  I said, well, science says yes and I don't like being sick.  He moved along, but for fuck's sake.  Why do we have to live among these morons?

This is also the guy who consistently leads my department metrics.  Ignorance must really be bliss.

That's a dude who doesn't wash his hands after he shits.

• Hook 'Em 3

"all the movie actors"  

That's what he's going with?  Not "the studios" or "the entertainers" or "the media elite" or "celebrities writ-large" ???

He went with "All the movie actors"?  

Fucking hell Marco, what about "all the singers and people playing instruments behind them!"  Are we to blame them too?  

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

The only thing that keeps this from being completely absurdly shocking is the fact that it happened in Oklahoma.

Having flashbacks to playing high school sports in East Texas.  If I ever hear another "And, Father, we just ...", it will be too fucking soon.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

14 hours ago, YGIFS said:

"all the movie actors"  

That's what he's going with?  Not "the studios" or "the entertainers" or "the media elite" or "celebrities writ-large" ???

He went with "All the movie actors"?  

Fucking hell Marco, what about "all the singers and people playing instruments behind them!"  Are we to blame them too?  

Well I always knew that Lynerd Skynerd's bass player was a closeted lib.  I mean "Saturday Night Special?"  That song is a thinly-veiled plea for gun control!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

The Native Americans in that state should all get together to reclaim the land from the White Man. 

No shit. My friend Mehran (from Tehran, ironically) who owns three used car lots in out-of-the-way Oklahoma towns and who gets out his prayer rug five times per day is going to have some problems with this. 

5 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Well I always knew that Lynerd Skynerd's bass player was a closeted lib.  I mean "Saturday Night Special?"  That song is a thinly-veiled plea for gun control!

They were a pretty progressive band before the plane crash.  They've just been a right wing cover band since.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Do Christians believe their deity is going to return after 2,000 years because it's been given mother fucking Oklahoma?

Maybe He'll come back to smite them because he's pissed off by their shitty gift -- didja think of that possibility, Mr. Theologian?

• Like 1