2024 Solar Eclipse - never too early to get ready

Wally Fairway

2 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I just got a 2 second glimpse looking through the sunroof doing 75 doing 183

pretty sweet!

How was the view different at those two speeds?

I made it to Marion, OH by about 1:30. Stopped at a Speedway to relieve myself. I was heading toward the fairgrounds but then I was passing by Harding High School and noticed an almost empty parking lot with these two ladies parked and sitting in their chairs. There are only a few other cars in the lot. I’m counting 9 total not including mine. It’ll probably fill up more by eclipse time but I got a good spot close to the exit for easy getaway. Eclipse glasses passed the test. I’m ready to go.

Here are my neighbors:

IMG_2230.thumb.jpeg.57ff54ccdb7c84a51981c23a703adb32.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I made it to Marion, OH by about 1:30. Stopped at a Speedway to relieve myself. I was heading toward the fairgrounds but then I was passing by Harding High School and noticed an almost empty parking lot with these two ladies parked and sitting in their chairs. There are only a few other cars in the lot. I’m counting 9 total not including mine. It’ll probably fill up more by eclipse time but I got a good spot close to the exit for easy getaway. Eclipse glasses passed the test. I’m ready to go.

Here are my neighbors:

https://tenor.com/view/searches-beavis-and-butt-head-cavity-unsolved-mysteries-gif-14871219

Edited by RPM

5 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Here are my neighbors:

better looking than the burnet beauties? 

Still can't see shit.

My daughter drove down the road with some friends in ATVs to do some "recon". As if a mile would make a difference. They just reported back. "Nothing to see except a group of old people sitting around a table drinking beer and playing cards."

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I’m out in Crawford.  Less cloud coverage than even in Waco.  

“And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it’s sinking…”

Racing around, to come up behind you again.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Sitting down on campus (LBJ) just caught 4 seconds of a peek through the clouds. It's something I guess

The number of people staring up at the clouds with no glasses is non trivial. 

Edited by Blotto

4 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

This has to be the biggest hyped up “spectacle” I’ve ever seen.

I’ll see an eclipse in 7 hrs

I mean they’re cool and all, but eh. I would like to at least see totality. But I would rather see a super nova that is lit up