Zach Smith is a stupid, disgusting piece of shit.

Beau Vine

Cursory research suggests his lawyer is a scuzbag.

spacer.gifBrad has tried numerous cases to verdict, over 500 suppression hearings and argued several dozen appeals in the courts of greater central Ohio over last 25 years. His areas of expertise are Sex Offenses (R.C. 2907), Aggravated Vehicular Homicide/Assault (R.C. 2903), Drug Cases (R.C. 2925), Theft & Fraud (R.C. 2913), DUI/OVI (R.C. 4511.19) and Juvenile Court (R.C. 2151). 

https://www.koffellaw.com/firm-overview/attorneys/brad-koffel/

I can tell by the way he talks he only half listens. You can tell by his interpretations of these orders. The one about school is great. It probably went something like

ZS- The school can't keep me from my kids, right?

Judge- Well, no, Mr. Smith. The court--

ZS- Thanks judge, I'm outta here. In your face courtney!

• Like 5

On 5/9/2019 at 9:05 PM, mr. sunshine said:

Damn skippy. Ask any lawyer who’ll shoot straight with you and he/she will admit if they could afford to give up part of their practice this would be it. Unless they actually like this shit, which I can’t fathom.

Personally I’ve represented capital murderers who were infinitely more reasonable 

100% this.  Family law and probate are horrible ways to make a living.

Although silver lining is you get to where you can see shit coming in your own and your wife’s family. Usually you can set something up to head it off if you know far enough in advance.

But then they don’t listen.  “My cousin would never do something like that.”

6 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

100% this.  Family law and probate are horrible ways to make a living.

Although silver lining is you get to where you can see shit coming in your own and your wife’s family. Usually you can set something up to head it off if you know far enough in advance.

But then they don’t listen.  “My cousin would never do something like that.”

Disagree in part.  Not all probate is equal.  There's the high wealth - trust and tax planned - client and that work is pretty clean and lucrative.  Then there's the "I want daddy's bass boat" crowd that will make you scratch your head.

I think you inadvertently over-generalized and I just thought I should point it out.

Carry on now.

• Like 2

Oops Zach fucked up. Maybe they ought to charge him with attempted kidnapping. https://www.buckeyextra.com/sports/20190510/zach-smith-arrest-911-calls-reveal-former-ohio-state-assistant-arrived-hours-early-to-pick-up-children

Zach Smith arrest: 911 calls reveal former Ohio State assistant arrived hours early to pick up children

The Columbus Dispatch
Posted May 10, 2019 at 12:04 PM Updated May 10, 2019 at 2:53 PM

Former Ohio State assistant football coach Zach Smith, who was arrested Thursday for a violation of a civil protection order, had arrived more than three hours early to pick up his children from school, according to 911 calls released Friday by the Delaware County Sheriff’s Office.

Smith entered Scioto Ridge Elementary School in Powell at approximately 3 p.m. Thursday, shortly before police were contacted.

In a 911 call with a police dispatcher, his ex-wife, Courtney Smith said, “He came up behind me. He tried to get into the school before I did.”

Courtney Smith was granted a three-year protection order last October after alleging a series of domestic violence incidents. Zach Smith was fired as Ohio State’s receivers coach in July before preseason training camp. He first joined the Buckeyes’ coaching staff under then-head coach Urban Meyer in 2012.

Zach Smith was released from the Delaware County Jail on Friday.

Edited by Chopper

Not to threadjack, and not a lawyer, but I do work at an elementary school in Texas. Stuff like this is becoming all too common. 

The non-custodial parent trying to use the school to gain access to the kids. The amount of paperwork, phone calls, and flags in records

that our front office has to deal with is just mind blowing. Sadly crazy, stupid, pissed off parents may very well be the next demographic to shoot up a school. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, CoTex said:

Disagree in part.  Not all probate is equal.  There's the high wealth - trust and tax planned - client and that work is pretty clean and lucrative.  Then there's the "I want daddy's bass boat" crowd that will make you scratch your head.

I think you inadvertently over-generalized and I just thought I should point it out.

Carry on now.

*I want Daddy's bass boat that's only half paid for.

• Like 1

Yeah he’s an idiot. Shocking. And as usual is playing the victim. No, your kids will not be thanking everyone later in life. You know what every child doesn’t want? Tweets from their father after the divorce from their mother calling her a crazy bitch. Tweets that will forever be on the internet. That will be some fun therapy later. 

I surmise in the decree, there is a set exchange location at 6pm. And because you had a history of hitting your wife, she doesn’t meet you, the kids are probably dropped off by a 3rd party. So she goes to pick up the kids at 3pm from school to later have them ready for you at 6pm. Instead of waiting for the 6pm exchange, and because you’re super smart, you think it would be easier to go to the school to pick up your kids. The school has probably been informed of the situation and upon seeing you, calls the police because you are not supposed to be near your ex-wife (yes, for that whole spousal abuse thing). 

And again, because you’re super stable, and it’s all about your kids, your tweet a manifesto to the world airing dirty laundry. 

Way to go asshole

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EE2B said:

I assume she was there to pick up the kids from school. He showed up to try to get them instead of waiting until 6pm when his visitation started.

After listening to the 911 call, she claims he couldn’t see the kids until he completed a class of some sort which he hadn’t done yet.

6 hours ago, CoTex said:

Carry on now.

Not planning- probate.  All I did was liquid NW north of 10MM.  Easily the worst.  When there’s that much at stake, every fourth cousin thrice removed comes out of the woodwork represented by their buddy from Grenada Tech Law School and telling some sob story to try to bust the trusts and will. 

Not to threadjack, and not a lawyer, but I do work at an elementary school in Texas. Stuff like this is becoming all too common. 
The non-custodial parent trying to use the school to gain access to the kids. The amount of paperwork, phone calls, and flags in records
that our front office has to deal with is just mind blowing. Sadly crazy, stupid, pissed off parents may very well be the next demographic to shoot up a school. 

Yes, Zach seems like the perfectly temperamental candidate to go to his kids schools guns ablazing