Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

SIAP, but today's episode is something everyone should hear.

The Daily

merlin_203539101_abb6253d-2872-4245-a6f2-4417f0c07b47-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

The photo:

Their story:

They Died by a Bridge in Ukraine. This Is Their Story.

Reveal hidden contents

Andrew E. Kramer

March 9, 2022, 4:50 p.m. ETMarch 9, 2022
March 9, 2022

Andrew E. Kramer

KYIV, Ukraine — They met in high school but became a couple years later, after meeting again on a dance floor at a Ukrainian nightclub. Married in 2001, they lived in a bedroom community outside Kyiv, in an apartment with their two children and their dogs, Benz and Cake. She was an accountant and he was a computer programmer.

Serhiy and Tetiana Perebyinis owned a Chevrolet minivan. They shared a country home with friends, and Ms. Perebyinis was a dedicated gardener and an avid skier. She had just returned from a ski trip to Georgia.

And then, late last month, Russia invaded Ukraine, and the fighting quickly moved toward Kyiv. It wasn’t long before artillery shells were crashing into their neighborhood. One night, a shell hit their building, prompting Ms. Perebyinis and the children to move to the basement. Finally, with her husband away in eastern Ukraine tending to his ailing mother, Ms. Perebyinis decided it was time to take her children and run.

They didn’t make it. Ms. Perebyinis, 43, and her two children, Mykyta, 18, and Alisa, 9, along with a church volunteer who was helping them, Anatoly Berezhnyi, 26, were killed on Sunday as they dashed across the concrete remnants of a damaged bridge in their town of Irpin, trying to evacuate to Kyiv.

Their luggage — a blue roller suitcase, a gray suitcase and some backpacks — was scattered near their bodies, along with a green carrying case for a small dog that was barking.

They were four people among the many who tried to cross that bridge last weekend, but their deaths resonated far beyond their Ukrainian suburb. A photograph of the family and Mr. Berezhnyi lying bloodied and motionless, taken by a New York Times photographer, Lynsey Addario, encapsulates the indiscriminate slaughter by an invading Russian army that has increasingly targeted heavily populated civilian areas.

Ukrainian soldiers trying to save a man — the only one of four at that moment who still had a pulse — moments after being hit by a mortar while trying to flee Irpin, near Kyiv, on Sunday.
Ukrainian soldiers trying to save a man — the only one of four at that moment who still had a pulse — moments after being hit by a mortar while trying to flee Irpin, near Kyiv, on Sunday.Credit...Lynsey Addario for The New York Times

The family’s lives and their final hours were described in an interview by Mr. Perebyinis and a godmother, Polina Nedava. Mr. Perebyinis, also 43, said he learned of the death of his family on Twitter, from posts by Ukrainians.

Breaking down in tears for the only time in the interview, Mr. Perebyinis said he told his wife the night before she died that he was sorry he wasn’t with her.

“I told her, ‘Forgive me that I couldn’t defend you,’” he said. “I tried to care for one person, and it meant I cannot protect you.”

“She said, ‘Don’t worry, I will get out.’”

After she didn’t, he said he felt it was important that their deaths had been recorded in photographs and video. “The whole world should know what is happening here,” he said.

The Perebyinis family had already been displaced once by war, in 2014, when they were living in Donetsk in the east and Russia fomented a separatist uprising. They moved to Kyiv to escape the fighting and started rebuilding their lives. When Russian tanks rolled into Ukraine last month, they could hardly believe it was happening again, Mr. Perebyinis said.

Tetiana Perebyinis, 43, and her son Mykyta, 18.
Tetiana Perebyinis, 43, and her son Mykyta, 18.

Alisa Perebyinis, 9.
Alisa Perebyinis, 9.

Ms. Perebyinis’ employer, SE Ranking, a software company with offices in California and London, had encouraged employees to leave Ukraine immediately once the fighting started. It had even rented rooms for them in Poland, Mr. Perebyinis said. But his wife delayed her departure because of uncertainty over how to evacuate her mother, who has Alzheimer’s disease.

A colleague at work, Anastasia Avetysian, said that SE Ranking had provided emergency funds for employees to evacuate and that Ms. Perebyinis, as the chief accountant in Ukraine, had been busy in her final days disbursing them.

“We were all in touch with her,” Ms. Avetysian said in a telephone interview. “Even when she was hiding in the basement, she was optimistic and joking in our group chat that the company would now need to do a special operation to get them out, like ‘Saving Private Ryan.’”

But behind the jokes was a period of waiting and intense worrying, Mr. Perebyinis said. His son, Mykyta, started sleeping during the day and staying up all night, keeping a vigil over his mother and sister. When there were sounds of fighting, he woke them up and all three would move into a corridor, away from the windows. “My son was under a lot of stress,” Mr. Perebyinis said.

The family’s apartment building, damaged by Russian shelling earlier this month.
The family’s apartment building, damaged by Russian shelling earlier this month.

Mykyta and Alisa sleeping in the hallway of their home, away from the sounds of fighting.
Mykyta and Alisa sleeping in the hallway of their home, away from the sounds of fighting.

Last Saturday, after two days in the basement, they made a first attempt at evacuating. But as they were packing up their minivan, a tank rolled by on the street outside. They decided to wait.

The next day they were up and moving by about 7 a.m. Tetiana Perebyinis had discussed the plan in minute detail with her husband. She and her two children and her mother and father, who lived nearby, would join a church group and try to evacuate toward Kyiv, and then get somewhere safe from there.

They drove as far as they could in Irpin, but then Ms. Perebyinis was forced to abandon the minivan. They set out on foot toward a damaged bridge over the Irpin River.

To escape, they were forced to cross a hundred yards or so of exposed street on one side of the bridge. As Russian forces fired into the area, many tried to seek cover behind a brick wall.

Mr. Berezhnyis, the church volunteer, who had earlier evacuated his own family but had returned to help others, was with Ms. Perebyinis and her children when they began to dash toward the other side.

Through the night, Mr. Perebyinis had tried to monitor his wife’s location using a locator app on their phones. But it showed nothing: the family was in a basement, without cell reception.

Tetiana Perebyinis.

Tetiana Perebyinis.

Pieces of shrapnel collected from the scene of the mortar attack in Irpin.
Pieces of shrapnel collected from the scene of the mortar attack in Irpin.

Around dawn, he said, he saw one ping, showing them at their home address. But nothing showed them moving. Cellphone coverage had become too spotty in the town.

Looking for a way out. Talks between Russian and Ukrainian negotiators resumed, offering a glimmer of hope amid a worsening humanitarian catastrophe. But even the most basic progress towards diplomacy has proved elusive.

Zelensky’s appeals. President Volodymyr Zelensky sought to step up pressure on the Kremlin by appealing to Russians appalled by the war. Mr. Zelensky will virtually address Congress on Wednesday, which could increase pressure on the Biden administration to send fighter jets to Kyiv.

China’s strategy. China’s leadership, which dismissed U.S. allegations that Russia asked Beijing for military and economic aid, has calculated that they can benefit from the geopolitical shifts caused by the war by being seen as a pillar of stability in a turbulent world.

The next ping of a location on Mr. Perebyinis’ phone came around 10 Sunday morning. It was at Clinical Hospital No. 7 in Kyiv. Something had gone wrong.

He called his wife’s number. It was ringing, but nobody answered. He called his children’s phone numbers, with the same result.

A half-hour or so later, he saw a post on Twitter saying a family had been killed in a mortar strike on the evacuation route out of Irpin. A short time later, another Twitter post appeared, with a picture. “I recognized the luggage and that is how I knew,” he said.

When the mortar shell hit, the family and Mr. Berezhnyi were about 12 yards away from the crater left by the mortar. They had no chance. The explosion sent out a spray of hundreds of jagged, metallic shrapnel shards. Their bodies slumped onto the muddy street beside a monument to World War II dead from Irpin. A plaque on the monument read: “Eternal memory to those who fell for the fatherland in the Great Patriotic War.”

Ms. Perebyinis’s parents were behind the mother and children and were unharmed. They are now staying with Ms. Nedava, the godmother. The following day, a snowstorm blew over Kyiv. The suitcases, one of which had been knocked open by the explosion or later opened by passers-by, lay covered in snow on the street beside blood stains. It held only clothes: a pink child’s tank top, sweatpants, yellow and blue child-size socks, apparently for Alisa.

When asked to describe his wife, Mr. Perebyinis slumped in his chair. Ms. Nedava offered that she had a “light” spirit, was often joking and cheered up a room.

Over their long marriage, Mr. Perebyinis added, “We refurbished three apartments and never argued once.”

Mr. Berezhnyi had moved his wife to western Ukraine but had returned to Irpin to help with the evacuation organized by his church, the Irpin Bible Church, the pastor, Mykola Romaniuk, said in a telephone interview.

When the mortar strike began, with shells landing first a few hundred yards away, Mr. Romaniuk said other church volunteers saw Mr. Berezhnyi run to help Ms. Perebyinis. “He took her suitcase and they started running,” he said.

Mr. Perebyinis with the bloodied and torn clothes of his wife, recovered from the scene where she and their children died.
Mr. Perebyinis with the bloodied and torn clothes of his wife, recovered from the scene where she and their children died.

Mr. Berezhnyi, Pastor Romaniuk said, was quiet and generous. “He was the kind of friend who is ready to help with no words needed,” he said. “I do not know how God can forgive such crimes.”

In mid-February, before the war started, Mr. Perebyinis had traveled to his hometown, Donetsk, in rebel-held eastern Ukraine, to care for his mother, who was sick with Covid-19. After hostilities began, the crossing point closed and Mr. Perebyinis was trapped in the East.

To return to Kyiv from separatist-controlled eastern Ukraine after the death of his family, Mr. Perebyinis traveled into Russia and flew to the city of Kaliningrad, to cross a land border into Poland. At the Russia-Poland border, he said, Russian guards questioned him, took his fingerprints and seemed ready to arrest him for unclear reasons, though he was eventually allowed to travel on.

He said he told them: “My whole family died in what you call a special operation and we call a war. You can do what you want with me. I have nothing left to lose.’’

Can you spoiler that second photo?  

Just now, JesusSweatDuck said:

Can you spoiler that second photo?  

It was on the front page above the fold on the print edition of the NYT.

The point of showing it is that it's a war crime, and the family's husband and children's godmother approved of its publication.  That said, I've spoilered it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, DDD Dad said:

It was on the front page above the fold on the print edition of the NYT.

The point of showing it is that it's a war crime, and the family's husband and children's godmother approved of its publication.  That said, I've spoilered it.

Totally get it, and I've seen the pic, but just saying it could probably be really hard for some to cope with.  Thanks

I think we are beyond the nuclear option at this point. There is no reason to escalate beyond conventional war and all the nuclear powers know this. The Hague rules tomorrow and once that happens I think we see a large shift in the world against Russia and the pressure for them to take the L however long that may take. 

Once they take the L and go home, they will just wither away and regime change will come with denuclearization or just being fucking irrelevant. They will never be a part of the global economy again if they continue down their current path and revolutions will happen internally as the government gets too weak to defend all of Russia. 

They have lost control domestically and in their main theater of military operation, what we are seeing now is the chicken running around after it's head has been removed. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just now, JesusSweatDuck said:

Totally get it, and I've seen the pic, but just saying it could probably be really hard for some to cope with.  Thanks

Frankly I think this is precisely the sort of image all of us need to see.  It's far too easy to think of war as distant, or a movie or video game.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, DDD Dad said:

Frankly I think this is precisely the sort of image all of us need to see.  It's far too easy to think of war as distant, or a movie or video game.  

I understand, and probably not an issue on this thread, but there are some people who aren't going to be able to see that image and not have problems after.  I frequent r/CombatFootage so I've seen a lot of insanely graphic pictures, but I also recognize some can't cope with it.  Anyways, no big deal either way, was just a request

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I think that's the point. You should feel absolutely fucking terrified and scarred for however long it takes to make sure this never happens again anywhere. If everyone here was protesting like the rest of Europe things would move much faster. 

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

He wants a Ukraine to no longer be a sovereign nation. He has lied about his intentions in Eastern Europe for over a decade and you want to take him for his word today? What he wants for Ukraine is what he wants for all former Soviet satellites.

I'll believe it when I see it, and he knows that the reaction to any incursion into a NATO country will make reaction to this seem like a Bob Stoops suspension of a star player.

Way too much Red Dawn on this thread and not enough The Day After. If y'all want to go nuclear over something that might happen, well, I wish I could say good luck with that, but my ass and my kids' asses are on the line their too. 

As it stands now, we have people practically stumping for MAD over Ukrainian alignment with the west. Not independence -- alignment with the west. Just a few weeks ago we are all in agreement it was an extremely shady country whose own oligarchs were little better than their big brothers to the east. To shore that up, we are willing to literally incinerate the planet? 

Let the sanctions work. Put Ukraine under UN -- not Russian  -- control. Grind down the oligarchs and the Russian people. Don't press the button.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Nope look at the incoming smoke trail just above the wall on the lower right. 

4 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

yea, that's what I thought too. 

I watched it frame by frame, and I think that smoke trail is from the explosion. The vehicle appears to go over a hump and hit a depression, which is the exact moment the explosion goes off, and it looks like it's from underneath if you zoom in. I'm saying IED/mine. 

Just now, MaybeACoordinator said:

I'll believe it when I see it, and he knows that the reaction to any incursion into a NATO country will make reaction to this seem like a Bob Stoops suspension of a star player.

Way too much Red Dawn on this thread and not enough The Day After. If y'all want to go nuclear over something that might happen, well, I wish I could say good luck with that, but my ass and my kids' asses are on the line their too. 

As it stands now, we have people practically stumping for MAD over Ukrainian alignment with the west. Not independence -- alignment with the west. Just a few weeks ago we are all in agreement it was an extremely shady country whose own oligarchs were little better than their big brothers to the east. To shore that up, we are willing to literally incinerate the planet? 

Let the sanctions work. Put Ukraine under UN -- not Russian  -- control. Grind down the oligarchs and the Russian people. Don't press the button.

Right, let us know as soon as you figured out how to get Russia to agree to any of that without some sort of NATO action. 

11 minutes ago, immamac said:

I think that's the point. You should feel absolutely fucking terrified and scarred for however long it takes to make sure this never happens again anywhere. If everyone here was protesting like the rest of Europe things would move much faster. 

I don't think Americans protesting in the street is going to do anything to move this along any faster.  That's pipe dream shit.  

It's all I hear about in public, at bars, at the office water cooler, at the donut shop on saturday morning, etc.  The American public is very aware of the situation.  But protesting in the streets isn't going to make a shit.  It'd be like protesting the month of March not being April.  

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

This seems, unwise on the Russians part.  So party on Ivan.  Please invade a heavily mined port with supposed anti-ship missiles.  

Tactical/strategic conversation here: that seems super-dumb.  An amphibious assault is hard.  It's REALLY hard if you don't control the skies and haven't laid waste to enemy defenses within reach of shore.  This is a good way to get a lot of Russians killed.  So I am very much in favor of them trying it.

59 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Here is the hope:

Until recently Ukraine, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Georgia, and others were all in that same mindset.  Putin recognized the mindset change in those countries as a risk and tried to reel Georgia and Ukraine back into the fold before it was too late.  This conflict shows that Ukraine was farther removed from that mindset than Putin expected and the protests in Russia even by the 90 year old survivor of St Petersburg show that the cracks are forming domestically.  Crack the window to freedoms again and see what happens.

The window is closed.  That's the point.  Russia just lurched backwards 50 years overnight.  That won't be undone.

48 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Georgian volunteers and Russian rag 🇬🇪🇺🇦

Bucha today.

Ukrainian farmers trophied rockets to the Hurricane MLRS. Photo location unknown.

The video from Bucha.....is that all Russian abandoned equipment in all of those driveways?  WTF?  They just walked away?  I would like to know more about what happened there.

27 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Why? He wants a neutral, demilitarized Ukraine. Is that worth the annihilation of the planet? 

Even if we don't take him at his word, and we give him that, and he keeps pressing forward into NATO territory, that takes money he doesn't have and time for his government to collapse or him to be assassinated. 

Putin is a psychopathic liar.  And his country's entire culture is that of psychopathic liars.  Trust him 0%....and you are still trusting him too much.  Sometimes, a line is drawn, and it needs to be drawn.  This isn't about Ukraine.  It is about ending the inhuman ambition of a psychopathic kleptostate that is a threat to humanity every second that it exists.

14 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

He wants a Ukraine to no longer be a sovereign nation. He has lied about his intentions in Eastern Europe for over a decade and you want to take him for his word today? What he wants for Ukraine is what he wants for all former Soviet satellites.

THIS THIS THIS.

4 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Oh, plenty of Day After.  Remember, I lead the pessimist brigade around here.  I've been worried about the nuclear threat since well before the first invader crossed the border.  But we are NOT stumping for drawing the line here because we want Ukraine aligned with the West.  We are doing so because when facing an adversary like psychopath Putin, the ONLY way to end his trail of violence is to take a stand.  He will not stop with Ukraine.  I 100% guarantee that if Putin survives this, Russia will commit further violent military action against other nation states.  If you think he isn't at war against NATO, you aren't paying any attention.

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Right, let us know as soon as you figured out how to get Russia to agree to any of that without some sort of NATO action. 

FUCKING THIS.

There are two most likely paths here: Putin dies and Russia withdraws in some way, or Putin escalates and draws NATO in.  Every other option is a low-percentage play.

Just now, MaybeACoordinator said:

Let's try and see if we can get to that bridge before we blow up the planet. 

Russia hasn't mentioned nukes in a while. They aren't sabre rattling. They know they can't nuke over Ukraine or sanctions. China probably told them if you are gonna go nuke ready we are going to point a couple your way just so you don't get an itchy finger. 

NO ONE, Russia included wants nuclear war. Russia just wanted everyone to stay out of the Ukraine fight while he took over - the optics at this point wouldn't be right if anyone else got involved even without the nuclear threat. This is still a conflict between Russia and Ukraine in which war crimes are being committed by Russia in full view of the rest of the world. 

If Russia escalates into NATO territory I still think it remains conventional only, as there are no offensive intentions from NATO. We drew a line in the sand if you walk past it we are throwing punches, but if you jump across and back without getting KO then you are welcome to play that game. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I don't think Americans protesting in the street is going to do anything to move this along any faster.  That's pipe dream shit.  

It's all I hear about in public, at bars, at the office water cooler, at the donut shop on saturday morning, etc.  The American public is very aware of the situation.  But protesting in the streets isn't going to make a shit.  It'd be like protesting the month of March not being April.  

Yeah sure. Representative governments seem to respond best to water cooler talks. 

4 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I admit it's humbling. Not manly. Sometimes it's best to beat a tactical retreat. See Houston, Sam, who had to fight off idiot underlings who wanted to turn and fight Santa Anna all across Texas in spite of what happened to the the Alamo and Fannin. Putin's time will come.

WTF?

You want us to RETREAT?  Yeah.  That won't encourage Putin to do this over and over and over AT ALL.  Fuck, we already learned that lesson when nobody piped up about the "annexation" of Crimea or the incursion of little green men into Donbas.

Putin will not be stopped.....until he is stopped.  This isn't about being manly, or donning the breastplate of badassery or some bullshit.  It's about standing up to a psychopathic violent bully to stop him where he stands.  Because if we don't, he 100% will continue his actions.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Tactical/strategic conversation here: that seems super-dumb.  An amphibious assault is hard.  It's REALLY hard if you don't control the skies and haven't laid waste to enemy defenses within reach of shore.  This is a good way to get a lot of Russians killed.  So I am very much in favor of them trying it.

1 hour ago, TexasEd said:

You mean a Russian navy that to my knowledge, has not EVER carried out amphibious landings, or that this is in a mined port against prepared defensive positions with Neptune Anti-ship missiles and artillery?

Quit being such a debbie downer......

• Like 1

Just now, immamac said:

Yeah sure. Representative governments seem to respond best to water cooler talks. 

It seems like our representative government is already putting the screws to Russia pretty extremely.  You should be proud of that as an American.  Yet you think the citizenry protesting in the streets over some stuff happening 10000 miles away is going to get the ball rolling faster on the plan that's already enacted?   Fanciful thoughts.  Not surprising.  

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The video from Bucha.....is that all Russian abandoned equipment in all of those driveways?  WTF?  They just walked away?  I would like to know more about what happened there.

My assumption would be the troops took over the homes they're parked next to. Probably didn't abandon them completely.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

FUCKING THIS.

There are two most likely paths here: Putin dies and Russia withdraws in some way, or Putin escalates and draws NATO in.  Every other option is a low-percentage play.

I think the other path, and perhaps most likely, is Putin continues pounding the hell out of the cities until eventually a "peace" is reached which includes Russian territory in the South with a formal agreement that Ukraine will never attempt to join NATO. Then we settle back in for a long cold war while "rebels" continue to engage/terrorize Russian occupation in the "new" Russian territories.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Was just at that border crossing on Sunday. Can confirm they’re going great, great work.  

Legions of Polish food service folks are volunteering. 

Not sure I could think of a food item more appealing after such a journey as they’ve had than a huge pile of pierogis stuffed with potato, cheese, and onion.  Carb heaven. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Completely agree with the Russians here. She looks very rude. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

It seems like our representative government is already putting the screws to Russia pretty extremely.  You should be proud of that as an American.  Yet you think the citizenry protesting in the streets over some stuff happening 10000 miles away is going to get the ball rolling faster on the plan that's already enacted?   Fanciful thoughts.  Not surprising.  

The removal from SWIFT was thought to be essentially the death penalty

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I understand why we and NATO are not imposing a no-fly over Ukraine. Makes sense to not escalate since a no-fly implies shooting down violators. But is there anything stopping NATO from flying over Ukraine including over Russian troops in a non-no-fly manner? I would think that we need to announce our presence and flight paths very carefully but Russia's special military intervention doesn't lock down the Ukrainian airspace. Obviously we should only do so if we have the permission of the Ukrainian govt.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

The removal from SWIFT was thought to be essentially the death penalty

Why not the removal of Putin at this point? He’s proven he cannot be a participant on the world stage. No honor. No trust. Willing to potentially throw in chemical warfare and nuclear because of a galactically stupid invasion with hideous intel and even worse horrible strategy and weapons. We know where he is. Just get it done. Send in one of those people for that purpose. Adios mother fucker! 

1 hour ago, MillerEP said:

#Putin speaks of a special action in #Ukraine that is not aimed at civilians. However, a drone filmed a few kilometers west of Kyiv how a civilian was shot dead by apparently Russian soldiers. #ZDFfrontal exclusive, more about the war 9:15 p.m. 
@ZDF

Is that a child that they pull out of the car? Fuck.

• Rage+1 1

24 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I admit it's humbling. Not manly. Sometimes it's best to beat a tactical retreat. See Houston, Sam, who had to fight off idiot underlings who wanted to turn and fight Santa Anna all across Texas in spite of what happened to the the Alamo and Fannin. Putin's time will come.

What are you talking about? What are we, the west, retreating from? And why are we retreating? How does that solves anything? (see below from Brisket). I'm not advocating for NATO to initiate strikes without some escalation into NATO by Russia. But I don't see any path forward that gets us to what you wanted, UN control over Ukraine rather than Russian unless Russia has been forced to accept it by overwhelming power. And that means direct NATO involvement. 

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

WTF?

You want us to RETREAT?  Yeah.  That won't encourage Putin to do this over and over and over AT ALL.  Fuck, we already learned that lesson when nobody piped up about the "annexation" of Crimea or the incursion of little green men into Donbas.

Putin will not be stopped.....until he is stopped.  This isn't about being manly, or donning the breastplate of badassery or some bullshit.  It's about standing up to a psychopathic violent bully to stop him where he stands.  Because if we don't, he 100% will continue his actions.

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Why not the removal of Putin at this point? He’s proven he cannot be a participant on the world stage. No honor. No trust. Willing to potentially throw in chemical warfare and nuclear because of a galactically stupid invasion with hideous intel and even worse horrible strategy and weapons. We know where he is. Just get it done. Send in one of those people for that purpose. Adios mother fucker! 

Easier said than done, I'm guessing

• Like 2