Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

I think he's the same guy that's been on Real Time with Bill Maher a few times. He cuts straight through the bullshit.

I’m kind of upset!

I’ve never heard of him before and I just looked at his Twitter and he was literally 20 miles away from me doing two shows four days ago and participating in Huntsville Pride!

3 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

this Fourth of July celebration in D.C. is a powder keg.  i expect fireworks besides those in the sky.  there is going to be violence.  nobody should be surprised when it happens.  i'm just hoping there aren't casualties.

I'm hoping for one casuality.

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

kellyanne's getting it in the ass tonight

That transcript is ridiculous. I'd fucking work at subway before I represented this fucking moron DOTARD in a legal matter.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/07/pentagon-guidance-to-troops-in-trumps-july-4th-event-say-i-love-my-tank/

Realizing this will be a controversial event, the Pentagon has distributed instructions to service members participating in the shindig on what to do if approached by a reporter, and the advice is essentially this: Say you love your tank.

Since this is a military celebration, there’s sure to be plenty of military personnel in attendance—alongside hordes of reporters angling to get the inside scoop from service members about what they really think of this whole celebration. Not on Trump’s watch.

Mother Jones obtained a photo of a card that is being distributed to participating service members with instructions from the Pentagon about what to say—and not to say—when speaking with members of the media. The Department of Defense would like service members to be clear that they are “proud” on several levels. Under the overall messages, the guide suggests: “I am proud of my job and my vehicle/tank. I am glad to share my experience with American People.” It also proposes that they say: “I am proud to honor the Nation and the Armed Forces during this Independence Day Celebration.”

That’s followed by “Dos” and “Don’ts,”—do “smile and have fun,” don’t “guess, lie, or speculate.” And the card closes with general tips for talking to a reporter. “Relax and speak to America,” it recommends. 

TrumpCard7319.jpg

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

"moral cover" only works if the center approves and buys what the fascists are selling. Which, at this point, you and your fellow centrists are.

I have asked you a lot of questions that you've ignored, and it's indicative of how intellectually and morally bereft centrism is. You have nothing to offer other than criticism of the only people bothering to actually fight fascism. You think posting is fighting. You think mocking ANTIFA is politics. You're full of shit.

Yes, the German communists got their fucking asses kicked. Know why? Because no one helped them. No one stood beside them against the Nazis. They tried while people like you mocked them and spoke out against them.

Read the Neimoller poem, imbecile.

The white supremacist protesters aren't crushing ANTIFA. ANTIFA is winning, which is something you should celebrate if you actually oppose the march of white supremacist fascism.

Where is Richard Spencer? Where is Milo? Where is Christopher Cantwell? Where is Gavin McInnes? Where is Baked Alaska? Where is Mike Cernovich? Where is Tiny Tuoese? Where are the fascist celebrities of 2017 and early 18?

Running scared.

Spencer got punched in the face and his star collapsed. Cantwell got pepper sprayed into tears and turned into a Fed informant. Gavin's neighbors hate him and he cries about it constantly. Mike lives in his wife's parents' basement. Baked is making #YangGang videos.

It is NOT the fucking centrists who did any of this. It is the left, it is ANTIFA, it is the misfits and queer communities who gather together in solidarity to actually fight fascism.

Not according to the fascists themselves.

But you don't actually care. It's all optics because you're comfortable and you have no moral imagination.

Good lord, you are completely off the rails batshit crazy out of touch.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

The evangelical vote is locked up.  Nothing would make him lose it.  He could shove a bible up a virgin's ass while dressed as Muhammad, screaming "fuck Jesus!" and he'd still get 80% of the evangelical/born-again vote.

Haley would be about trying to regain any of the suburban women the GOP has lost since 2016. 

Haley isn't a moderate though, far right, a softer KAC

cnn just ran the fun story (from last week) about the use of stock photos and made-up stories in the trump ads.

i hadn't heard the voiceover until just now, but it's pretty funny.  the hipster guy working at the coffee place, the blondo on the beach, the middle-aged guy from texas, who, btw, said, "i'm a lifelong democrat, but president trump..."

why is there such an obsession with having people frame their perspective that way?  it's just like those ridiculous comments on that right-wing youtube video.  i would think it would be less effective that just framing it in a positive way about the president.  maybe my bullshit detector is actually on.

also, with more analysis, they show that the coffee storefront is located in japan, and the girl on the beach (florida) is actually the mediterranean sea.  some ad-man who's worked on campaign ads in the past said if he did this, he would surely get fired.  as i'm sure these people will.

Some of you mocking those old guys with the weird messages....they’ve had a tough week - it’s only been a few days since they discovered some black rapper with a big country hit came out of the closet.   He was their one chance to show their grandkids that they are hip and aren’t racist, and he went and revealed that those rainbows on his albums and posters weren’t there because they were pretty.  

1 minute ago, horncyclist said:

How the fuck did Sesame Street get roped into this? Why would they go along with it?

This was a standard, planned July 4th extravaganza before Trump hijacked it.  So a bunch of acts like Carole King were already booked as part of what was intended to be a non-partisan event. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

How the fuck did Sesame Street get roped into this? Why would they go along with it?

Answer. It's technically a separate event. 

"A Capitol Fourth" concert:

John Stamos will host a star-studded concert from 8 p.m to 9:30 p.m. featuring Carole King, Vanessa Williams, Colbie Caillat, the National Symphony Orchestra and the Sesame Street Muppets on the U.S. Capitol West Lawn. 

King made it clear to her followers the concert she's participating in is not "T's political rally," sharing a cartoon announcing her appearance along with a distant Trump

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/451401-trumps-salute-to-america-a-guide-to-the-dc-fourth-of-july

• Like 1

I think even the most hardcore, deep red Republican would have to admit that the GOP really brings out the lowest of the low musical talent.   They can scrounge up some decent country talent from time to time but for the most part the Dems have the best talent locked up. 

Trump Fed nominee Judy Shelton once advocated for ‘open borders’ with Mexico

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/07/03/trump-fed-nominee-judy-shelton-once-advocated-open-borders-with-mexico/

President Trump’s Federal Reserve nominee Judy Shelton has long been a proponent of free trade and once advocated for an open border with Mexico, a clear contrast with the president who has focused on barriers at the southern border.

In the Wall Street Journal opinion piece “North America Doesn’t Need Borders,” Shelton wrote in 2000 that opening the U.S.-Mexico border is “steeped in pragmatism” and a “fulfillment of open markets.”

She argued easier movement of people across the border would ensure resources “whether human, financial or material, are more efficiently utilized in the interests of all market participants.” She held up the auto industry as a good example of how the flow of people, goods and ideas across the southern border has benefited all.

“American manufacturers already reap the benefit of low-cost production facilities in Mexico; as a result, our consumers pay lower prices for cars and other finished goods that can be sold tariff-free on U.S. soil,” she said at the time. Shelton also taught in Mexico for six years beginning in the late 1990s, when she was a visiting international finance professor at the DUXX Graduate School of Business in Monterrey, Mexico.

Shelton did not respond to a request for comment on what her views are about the U.S.-Mexico border today. Trump said Tuesday he planned to nominate Shelton for one of the two remaining seats on the Fed’s Board of Governors, part of his push to reshape the central bank and get it to lower interest rates ahead of the 2020 election.

A Fed nominee’s views on trade and migration have rarely been an issue in the past, but Trump’s trade war is a central focus right now for business leaders and Wall Street. Fed leaders are seriously contemplating cutting interest rates at their next meeting in July because they are worried about the trade war harming economic growth at home and abroad.

I think even the most hardcore, deep red Republican would have to admit that the GOP really brings out the lowest of the low musical talent.   They can scrounge up some decent country talent from time to time but for the most part the Dems have the best talent locked up. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They should get the guy who sings Old Town Road.  He’s got a cowboy hat, so he’s  ‘Murican. 

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Muppets, Uncle Jesse, no one really wants to be there, just awesome.  WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING HERE!?@?

Folks keep saying this, but I only recognize one Uncle Jesse, and it ain't the one from San Francisco. 

denver-pyle_331-780x405.png

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I don't know why this thought never entered my mind until now but how is this going to work?  Fireworks require night time, so how effective will a Blue Angels flyover be in the fucking dark?

The flyovers are for Trump. They'll happen during daylight while he is on the stage.