Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

nobody is building this asshole a library.  he'll get half of a ballroom at mar a lago to show off all of his "accomplishments."

Considering DJ is literacy-challenged, a library for the soon-to-be- former President should consist of a room the size of a water closet and the contents should be his tax returns. That ought to cover it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

nobody is building this asshole a library.  he'll get half of a ballroom at mar a lago to show off all of his "accomplishments."

hahaha, you are right. the library will be in trump tower.

made me look up nixon's library.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Nixon_Presidential_Library_and_Museum

10 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

RE: Library.

No fucking way will it be at Liberty or anywhere else but a Trump property.  You think he is gonna just let someone else make a buck off of his "legacy"?

Considering all the real estate shenanigans that liberty.... ehrrrr... Falwell likes to pull as well, I can totally see a Trump branded hotel, resort, and presidential library.

It'll be the same oxymoronn like that fundamentalist bible / Old Testament museum in Kentucky: A museum for religion / faith and a library for someone who can't & won't read.

Edited by Dnaguy

13 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Considering all the real estate shenanigans that liberty.... ehrrrr... Falwell likes to pull as well, I can totally see a Trump branded hotel, resort, and presidential library.

It'll be the same oxymoronn like that fundamentalist bible / Old Testament museum in Kentucky: A museum for religion / faith and a library for someone who can't & won't read.

Don't they already have a shitty amusement park there?

22 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

RE: Library.

No fucking way will it be at Liberty or anywhere else but a Trump property.  You think he is gonna just let someone else make a buck off of his "legacy"?

Liberty is getting scrutinized for their financial dealings with Falwell and his personal trainer. Maybe no more Liberty. 

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Not like it matters. Republican legislators are well whipped. New England Republican Governors tend to be decent enough. Trump will likely still escape justice and this governor and all the rest of them won't make a difference until Republican Senators grow a spine.

Edited by TheFlyingBoat

48 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

All pages of it are missing.  What we have is a memorandum, not a transcript.

If any of you have children in high school then you are probably familiar with the TEKS rubric/whatchamacallit about requiring group projects. This document the WH turned over resembles the paper turned in by the student who never showed up, never did any work, and is trying to coast off the group members who did everything. Nobody, including the teacher, is ever fooled by this.

an underrated moment in the past 48 hours is the 1-2 minutes trump took during his press conference to tell the story about lindsey graham (after reading the transcript of the phone call) telling trump that he was so nice, and that he didn't realize he could be that nice to someone.

perfect phone call.

From the LATimes audio from the private event at which DJ discussed the whistleblower, Biden, etc:

“They’re talking about me and I didn’t do anything,” he said, hedging slightly. “I don’t know if I’m the most innocent person in the world.”

That right there may be the closest thing to the truth DJ has ever spoken.

Even if how one places the emphasis alters the meaning.

Columnist
September 26, 2019 at 4:44 PM EDT

You think you’re going to find support for impeachment, do you? You dare suggest that this presidency is embroiled in chaos? Well, I am at a truck stop right now to wait out an electrical storm, and nobody here agrees.

I’ve been interviewing for what I figure is at least an hour — the clock on the wall is broken — and everyone I speak to still supports the president just as much as they did the day he was elected. They are happy to say so, even if it means talking to folks like me on a daily basis.

---

The TVs here aren’t tuned to CNN or MSNBC for the scandal of the day. No, sir. They’re playing what appears to be Rudy Giuliani chanting an uninterrupted mantra for the past six hours. When I look at my watch, the hands don’t seem to move, but when I look at it again after my next sip of coffee, it says hours have passed. How long have I been here?

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Bad!

He hasn't truly had a good obsession since Hurricane Dorian. He is due for some ruminating. On the one hand, if they keep him busy, it is harder for him to do that, but it tires him out and he becomes rather senseless and garbled. If he has downtime, then he the thoughts dominate his attention and demand action. The problem with ruminating on Zelensky is that he is human not hurricane and may choose to play a completely different game.

1 hour ago, TexLonghorn said:

And some jackass laughs at the end.  Must have had Mnuchin in the audience.

My favorite part of that isn't the implication that we should murder people who attempt to adhere and maintain a system of checks and balances.  That's my second favorite part.  First is "You know what we used to do in the old days when we were smart?"

Many people come up to me, many people, crying, and they said "sir, I can barely remember the days when we were smart."