Famous People Who When They Die, You'll Lose Your Shit

Degenerate Gardner

2 minutes ago, Smax said:

Can't think of a single famous who I'd "lose my shit over" if they died

Right?

Can I talk about the stars I will lose my shit over when they die?

Im going to go out there and say, I don't wish death on anyone but if the Kardashians all fell off a cliff I think it would be beneficial for our country. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Right?

Can I talk about the stars I will lose my shit over when they die?

Im going to go out there and say, I don't wish death on anyone but if the Kardashians all fell off a cliff I think it would be beneficial for our country. 

You are equating Kim Kardashian with Earl Campbell?

Question withdrawn you cold-hearted assholes.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
Proper nomenclature

Earl Campbell-  not sure I would necessarily get teared up, but I deeply appreciate his passion for life, the way he carried himself, and how he's given his all in what he does.

Steve Gleason- another pure badass who is an American hero, fighting for research/ treatment/ prevention of ALS.

Pretty much anyone I know with whom my son has served, should they fall in combat.  A bunch of us parents have gotten to know each other and are relatively close knit, especially from his prep school class.  No they are not famous, but they most assuredly would be considered heroes in my book.

Those are pretty much the folks I look up to outside of my family/ circle of friends.

Edited by slorch

Guy Clark and Jimmy Lafave meant a lot to me because I associate their music with my wife.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Robin Williams bothered me a lot too

PSH because I was said id never get to see his wonderful performances again

RW because I didn't realize how big a part of my childhood and adolescence he was.

Prince because he was the coolest motherfucker i ever saw.

** well I'm a dumbass and misread the post

Edited by Post Oak

Hopefully it's a long way off, but I will be very sad when a generation of Austin musicians eventually starts dying off:

Guy Forsyth

Bob Schneider

Malford Milligan

Eric Johnson

etc.

It's a little more personal because they're locals and I've spent quite a bit of time talking with them after shows over the years.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Hopefully it's a long way off, but I will be very sad when a generation of Austin musicians eventually starts dying off:

Guy Forsyth

Bob Schneider

Malford Milligan

Eric Johnson

etc.

It's a little more personal because they're locals and I've spent quite a bit of time talking with them after shows over the years.

+

Guy is one hell of a dude.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hookemATL said:

Willie. 

If that is a work day, I am calling in sick and listening to records whilst smoking weed and drinking whiskey. 

The whole country should do this.  If I'm president, i'm declaring a national day off for such mourning.  It will bring the whole country together.

PS: I don't think I will or did lose my shit over famous people that I enjoyed/admired dying, but admit I was a bit melancholy when Gene Kelly died.  He brought me a lot of enjoyment. 

It will suck when some people die, but most of them are artists and will live as long as I can view/listen to/experience their art. Last one that kind of hit me was petty. 

Plant or page would trigger a long listening session. 

Greg Norman will just make me sad. 

About 20 others that will make me sit in the sun, listen to their music and smile. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Phil Hartman's death disturbed and haunted me. The ones that really impact me are always surprises. 

Phillip Seymour Hoffman was another. 

Maybe the next guy named Phil or Phillip will depress me. It's hard to predict.

I agree, it is the ones who die before their time.  You always wonder what they had left to give...if they would have been around just a while longer, what more could they have gifted the world.  The two listed below are good examples of this.

5 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

tom hanks

elton john 

There are some politicians who might yet make statesmen I would list, but I won't CR the thread. 

Unfortunately we don't know scientists, writers and artists as well as we know athletes and performers.  

It is a good thread, thanks for making me think and at least go looking!

https://fellowsblog.ted.com/you-need-to-know-these-11-young-up-and-coming-scientists-4d913831d46c

• Like 1