Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

22 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Unfortunately it’s not the only time he’s done it. He is aggressive on leash and he bit one of our neighbors once about 18 months ago when I was trying to restrain him while the neighbor bent down and got in his face to pet him. I’m worried that one day he’ll do it to the wrong person: I know of someone a few miles away who was successfully sued for $1.2M and now has to buy homeowners insurance on the secondary market.

We’re going to talk to a trainer tomorrow. I don’t know how that’s going to go or if you can really change who a dog is. I have a good friend in a similar situation who had a trainer tell him that he should have the dog put down. He built a fence instead.

I don’t like the idea of not letting Samson around people any more but I don’t like the alternative either.

My dog would have bit the neighbor to get the taste of my mother-in-law out of his mouth. 

• Haha 1

Installed a blue LED light on the patio. She looks absolutely terrifying from across the street. Since the weather has cooled she is out there whenever we are home except bed time.

It's cool how she has so many different barks for the different things she sees.

There's a hello for people that say hi to her as they walk by.

A fuck you for any dogs or other animals she doesn't like.

The God damn it go to hell you fucking fuck  for all the noise polluting motorcycles, diesels, etc. That one is annoying so she gets told to STFU.

IMG_20220920_212810.jpg

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

Buddy asked me what would Luna do if she saw someone try to hurt me. Luckily no one has been that stupid. 

One night we were out and this drunk was just going off on everything. Screaming and waving his arms around.

She got between me and him, sat, and stared a hole through him. Once he made eye contact with her he totally chilled out. Said cool dog and wandered off.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2022 at 4:19 PM, MissingInAction said:

Buddy asked me what would Luna do if she saw someone try to hurt me. Luckily no one has been that stupid. 

One night we were out and this drunk was just going off on everything. Screaming and waving his arms around.

She got between me and him, sat, and stared a hole through him. Once he made eye contact with her he totally chilled out. Said cool dog and wandered off.

Avatar checks out . . . for Luna.

• Hook 'Em 1

My dogs died a few years ago, both suddenly. We’ve been doing some remodeling so haven’t pulled the trigger on a new one yet but it’s getting closer.

I convinced the wife to go to the Town Lake animal shelter and see what they have and try to talk her into a rescue over a puppy. We looked at a bunch of dogs and had to give the workers there a list who basically told us none of them would be good with kids, most had a history of biting, a more than I expected had medical issues that would require extra care (not just simply missing an eye or leg type of deal) and TONS of pit bull or pit bull mixed breeds.

They said they have some in foster care we could look at but the experience pretty much cemented in the wife’s mind the we’re getting a puppy.

I generally supported the idea of a no kill shelter, but in practice the Town Lake shelter looks have have gone way downhill from what I remember over a decade ago. Some dogs have been in their for years. It just seems like a very poor quality of life for the animals, and lots of expenses and resources that don’t seem to be wisely used.

Maybe this should go on the unpopular opinions theads…

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

My dogs died a few years ago, both suddenly. We’ve been doing some remodeling so haven’t pulled the trigger on a new one yet but it’s getting closer.

I convinced the wife to go to the Town Lake animal shelter and see what they have and try to talk her into a rescue over a puppy. We looked at a bunch of dogs and had to give the workers there a list who basically told us none of them would be good with kids, most had a history of biting, a more than I expected had medical issues that would require extra care (not just simply missing an eye or leg type of deal) and TONS of pit bull or pit bull mixed breeds.

They said they have some in foster care we could look at but the experience pretty much cemented in the wife’s mind the we’re getting a puppy.

I generally supported the idea of a no kill shelter, but in practice the Town Lake shelter looks have have gone way downhill from what I remember over a decade ago. Some dogs have been in their for years. It just seems like a very poor quality of life for the animals, and lots of expenses and resources that don’t seem to be wisely used.

Go to the Austin Animal Center. I got luna trhough a foster of that facility.

Thats also where I started to look for a new dog after Amber passed. It's a great facility with amazing volunteers. All the dogs kennels are marked as to whether you can take the dog out on your own or not. If there's a red dot you have to let a staff member do it. 

There meet and greet rooms in case you already have a pet you'd like introduce to a new candidate. 

https://www.austintexas.gov/austin-animal-center

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Try Lonestar Boxer Rescue.

Luna likes to kick up dirt and rocks after pissing or dropping a deuce.  Marking her territory as alpha bitches do. 

Told her to stop because she was hitting someone's car with the debris. She stopped looked up at me with a grin and gave one more kick. 

Bitch thinks she's funny.

Edited by MissingInAction
Deuce deuce
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

This beast of a boy decided today was the day after over 13 years. Such a smart, chill and introverted dog that is going to be missed by our neighborhood and family. Hope to see you again Roux. 

4428702532_6269272cc2_b.jpg

5317838902_d9496ca8b4_b.jpg

20200525_091944-01.jpeg

Had a catahoula named Roux.  They look like they will be getting along. 

• Hook 'Em 1