Casey Thompson

Tex Long

Yah gotta love CORN's rose colored glasses...

McKewon: " Casey Thompson's departure, Nebraska's quarterback depth and coup of landing Jeff Sims" 

Sam McKewon     Apr 28, 2023

For a minute there, Nebraska had two quarterbacks better than anyone on Alabama’s roster.

The Huskers still have one in Jeff Sims. Casey Thompson is on the move, and it’s not a surprise. From the minute Nebraska signed Sims away from Georgia Tech in the winter, Thompson’s role at NU seemed tenuous. In theory he could return, but he’ll have too many options and clear paths at a starting job.

Sims is bigger and faster than Thompson, and the hope is more durable — a player who doesn’t have to miss 2½ games and parts of others because of a hard hit in the pocket. Plus, Sims is an elite runner who rushed for 1,152 yards and 11 touchdowns at Georgia Tech. Thompson has rushed for 189 career yards.

Thompson’s career 63.5% completion rate exceeds Sims’ 57.5%, and Thompson’s sixth-year savvy will land him somewhere good — perhaps even inside the Big Ten. Casey will turn 25 halfway through the 2023 season.

https://omaha.com/article_4da0268a-e604-11ed-878e-13cb93b8d8f7.html

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Jesus. That's horrible.

Wow. That little city is in the wrong place. 

I can't tell if you realize or not that it's a direct suburb of OKC in the same way Richardson is to Dallas. Without seeing a street sign you can't tell where Moore ends and OKC begins. 

It sounds like you're thinking it's like Brownwood or something. 

My dad drove through Moore less than a half hour before either the 2009 or 2013 tornado. Mot sure which because time flies and he’s RIP now. 

I had a meeting the week of the 2013 storm that got cancelled by my customer. Went back a few weeks later and where the storm went across 35 it was a half mile wide dozer path.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Hermanator said:

I can't tell if you realize or not that it's a direct suburb of OKC in the same way Richardson is to Dallas. Without seeing a street sign you can't tell where Moore ends and OKC begins. 

It sounds like you're thinking it's like Brownwood or something. 

No, I am aware. OKC, Moore & Norman all blend into one. But for some reason, Moore always seems to get the direct hit and OKC and Norman are spared the worst. 

4 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Has to be Oklahoma State right? Sanders is finally gone, so he probably thinks the job is his for the taking. The thought of Charles Thompson’s kid choosing Texas, Nebraska, and Oklahoma State is just too fucking amazing for that not to happen. 

I'll fucking lose my shit if he goes to Okie State. That would be the final cherry on top of trolling Charles. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

I'll fucking lose my shit if he goes to Okie State. That would be the final cherry on top of trolling Charles. 

I can sure you he is not going there. I’ve heard UCLA, Auburn, and Florida 

13 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

Florida seems like an interesting spot, but I just don't think Casey has what it takes to be a P5 starter. He plays great in spurts, but then melts down the rest of games. 

On 4/28/2023 at 1:51 PM, Hook1997 said:

He evidently is going to Auburn most likely….  

On 5/2/2023 at 7:33 AM, markstanco said:

Auburn was mentioned yesterday on one of the ESPNU shows.

On 5/2/2023 at 3:50 PM, Pdawg88 said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/37477701/qb-payton-thorne-transfers-auburn-michigan-state

Sorry Not Sorry School GIF

• Haha 1

I totally misjudged this guy. Fairly legit when it suited/suits him, and a high-scale head case nearly every waking moment. I don't think he'll make it 30... prolly go along with Fredo for some fishing fun and neither comes back.

Ah, well - same as it ever was.

On 5/3/2023 at 7:36 PM, Pokoloco said:

The 99 tornado hit where my house is now (wasn't built yet) the 13 one hit right behind the neighborhood. So my odds are pretty good nothing will hit my area again right?

Also, yes, fuck Casey Thompson.

Avatar checking out all the way here.

On 5/3/2023 at 2:36 PM, Pokoloco said:

The 99 tornado hit where my house is now (wasn't built yet) the 13 one hit right behind the neighborhood. So my odds are pretty good nothing will hit my area again right?

Also, yes, fuck Casey Thompson.

If the concentration of trailer parks in that corridor has decreased substantially in the past 25 years you should be ok. If not watch your cornhole 

On 5/2/2023 at 6:58 AM, markstanco said:

I had a meeting the week of the 2013 storm that got cancelled by my customer. Went back a few weeks later and where the storm went across 35 it was a half mile wide dozer path.

I went through about 24 hours after the tornado. The gap in the pavement was crazy!

• Like 1

On 5/6/2023 at 10:21 AM, stork642 said:

CT wouldn’t be the starter at SFA.  Maybe he should look at Lamar.  Even that would be a toss up.   

That’s just dumb, a&m might be wishing they had him next year.  We only have to go back 6-10 years ago to find much worse starters.  He’s not terrible and he’s not great but he can be an improvement for better teams than SFA.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

That’s just dumb, a&m might be wishing they had him next year.  We only have to go back 6-10 years ago to find much worse starters.  He’s not terrible and he’s not great but he can be an improvement for better teams than SFA.  

Thomson is way way better than the clowns on a&m’s roster. Those qbs are unserviceable. Dude got ran off from Nebraska’s 3-827-1 squad and is light years better than hayes Carl or whatever that wbp at a&m is. Fuck them all 

13 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

He is much much closer to terrible than great. He got deified by a segment of our fanbase for no good reason and that sentiment lingers. JAG is probably reasonable on the field but when you add in the drama and other BS he is a liability for any program that actually wants to compete. 

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

He is much much closer to terrible than great. He got deified by a segment of our fanbase for no good reason and that sentiment lingers. JAG is probably reasonable on the field but when you add in the drama and other BS he is a liability for any program that actually wants to compete. 

I agree he is a JAG.  But he did have a stretch of a few pretty good games in the first half of 2021.  He played well enough to beat a much better OU team than they had last year.  It wasn’t his fault that the defense was terrible and Sark ran out of ideas when teams started sending everybody.   Would I want him on my team?  Absolutely not. 

4 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

I agree he is a JAG.  But he did have a stretch of a few pretty good games in the first half of 2021.  He played well enough to beat a much better OU team than they had last year.  It wasn’t his fault that the defense was terrible and Sark ran out of ideas when teams started sending everybody.   Would I want him on my team?  Absolutely not. 

I'm about to start cutting myself all over again, asshole.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

_big_mccoy_case_b1301_ou.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2