Casey Thompson

Tex Long

I'm guessing the Tope Imade post from a while back is indicative of the team attitude towards Thompson. 

I wished him well when he left. I don't wish him ill even knowing a little more about why people here were so venomous towards him. Just glad the right decisions were made, and he's somebody else's liability now.

A very good article from last year, I think, written by a Nebraska sports guy made a good point about how if Scott Frost can't make Nebraska work then they are likely stuck where they are forever. Frost was the perfect savior, but it looks like even a favored son with experience can overcome the negatives about playing in Omaha.

Certainly their glow is long gone outside of Nebraska. I might be a little wistful if Osborne hadn't become such a whiny cunt. It was nice owning them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

... if Scott Frost can't make Nebraska work then they are likely stuck where they are forever.

Two words: Urban Meyer.

You don't think Urbs can turn 125 copies of the Bill & Beulah Butz Scholarship for Needy Students into a few more wins?

8 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

You don't think Urbs can turn 125 copies of the Bill & Beulah Butz Scholarship for Needy Students into a few more wins?

I don't think Meyer or Saban will ever be Nebraska bound. It's not a top job anymore. Florida and tOSU (Meyer's prior gigs) are different stratospheres. Maybe they could have outbid A&M for Jimbo, but we know that wouldn't really get them anywhere.

The point was exactly that, I think. Frost was a hot commodity that Nebraska got because of his roots. Other such hot commodities will have better choices than Omaha.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Urban built a career by carefully selecting jobs. He never took a rebuild on, until the NFL. Given how that worked out, I highly doubt he would do it again. He is not going to go to place that is inherently at a recruiting disadvantage 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Like 1

This loss isn't just on Casey and the Nebraska players or even Scott Frost.  There is another name you may have forgot, Trev Alberts.  That dumbshit is their AD and he deserves some of the credit for Nebraska being competitive with Northwestern (ha ha ha ha). 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

This loss isn't just on Casey and the Nebraska players or even Scott Frost.  There is another name you may have forgot, Trev Alberts.  That dumbshit is their AD and he deserves some of the credit for Nebraska being competitive with Northwestern (ha ha ha ha). 

Go get Ferentz!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Urban built a career by carefully selecting jobs. He never took a rebuild on, until the NFL. Given how that worked out, I highly doubt he would do it again. He is not going to go to place that is inherently at a recruiting disadvantage 

Urban built a career by winning games. NFL gots nothing to do with recruiting, and his team did triple the previous season's wins, not that it's any great accomplishment. In the NIL era, I don't think anyone is at a recruiting disadvantage unless they're Poors. I don't think Nebraska is a Poor, ask Bill and Beulah. The only other thing that would deter Meyer from moving to Lincoln would be if they refused to set up his preferred infrastructure, and errbody know that's not in the cards. 

Seriously, I don't believe it will happen, but it's not impossible.

37 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

In the NIL era, I don't think anyone is at a recruiting disadvantage unless they're Poors. I don't think Nebraska is a Poor, ask Bill and Beulah.

Scholarship limits help those that aren't the bluest of blue-bloods, but the Nebraskas of the world will probably struggle to compete for classes in the top 10.  It all comes down to whether or not all that prior money is willing to double/triple/etc. down, because what worked back in their "scholarship" days isn't gonna move the needle.

13 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Can't really blame Casey for KU:

image.png.0d2571912c78600f8a5a700ecc748c02.png

I blacked out a lot last year and forgot the 3 TD lead.  Can’t believe there was even a pretend QB competition this year.

Nevertheless Casey (or Texas) couldn’t put the game away and a 78 QBR against Kansas isn’t exactly stellar.  As we saw today, it’s about making the winning drive. Casey isn’t that guy.

5 minutes ago, Hornsome said:

I blacked out a lot last year and forgot the 3 TD lead.  Can’t believe there was even a pretend QB competition this year.

Nevertheless Casey (or Texas) couldn’t put the game away and a 78 QBR against Kansas isn’t exactly stellar.  As we saw today, it’s about making the winning drive. Casey isn’t that guy.

look I’m no Casey fan but i’m not laying that one at his feet. Perfect storm of Card and the defense playing like ass my man. Put it away? He had them up in OT and Kansas won on a 2pt conversion.  

Edited by XForce
CTE

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

The point was exactly that, I think. Frost was a hot commodity that Nebraska got because of his roots. Other such hot commodities will have better choices than Omaha.

Omaha is fine. That is not where the University of Nebraska is located. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Urban built a career by winning games. NFL gots nothing to do with recruiting, and his team did triple the previous season's wins, not that it's any great accomplishment. In the NIL era, I don't think anyone is at a recruiting disadvantage unless they're Poors. I don't think Nebraska is a Poor, ask Bill and Beulah. The only other thing that would deter Meyer from moving to Lincoln would be if they refused to set up his preferred infrastructure, and errbody know that's not in the cards. 

Seriously, I don't believe it will happen, but it's not impossible.

I don’t think urban wants to coach against tosu