Casey Thompson

Tex Long

12 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Casey is going to thrive in the slow ass no speed Big10, especially if Corn goes up tempo.  For those glad to see him go, don't blame a QB with a shit OL, even shittier Defense and a bad throwing hand.  Many of you guys shouldn't post football when not understanding the basics. 

Wishing you and Casey the best, Charles.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I mean if you're not going to stop asking then someone has to answer. He was doing adequately. Plays against OU before he was maimed in a gruesome accident:
Completion to receiver 5 yards behind line of scrimmage with no defender within 7 yards. Worthy turns it into 75 yard touchdown.
Misses wide open Jared Wiley in end zone with no OU defender within 8 yards of him.
3 yard scramble on broken play action rollout.
Hits wide open Brewer on crossing route 1 yard beyond LOS. Wide open passing lane and throw is on Brewer's back hip.
3rd and 5 is pressured while making first read to Worthy, scrambles for a one yard gain. Had Worthy 1-on-1 after being flushed but didn't try a throw, play failure not on Thompson though.
After interception moves around pocket and hits Worthy 17 yards downfield. Good play but the throw was a wobbling duck Worthy had to stop accelerating for or he would have gained more. This is a good example of a competent play that a great throw would have made better but fans see 25 yard completion in the box score. Still Thompson's best play so far.
Touchdown throw to Moore. Good throw, good timing, good play by Thompson. New best play so far.
Pop pass to Moore for 9 yards.
Pressured, misses Whittington on short pass, not his fault.
48 yards TD to Moore. Play action after two successful runs had Moore 8 yards behind the defense. This is a great play, but it was not a great throw in large part because it didn't need to be (just like the Colorado one to Dixon). 
Sacked for 3 yard loss, and there was a clear lane to get away. Hard to blame a QB with our OL for sacks but this one was on Thompson. Open lane and Roschon Johnson in the flat to bail him out for a minimal gain if he wanted.
Pressured and throws incomplete to Robinson, not on Thompson.
That's the play where he hurt his thumb. So above we have a QB who, being generous, made one plus throw, one plus plus throw, one negative play, one awful throw, and three baseline competent plays two of which were long touchdowns (one thanks to YAC and one thanks to a blown coverage).
It was not nearly as awe-inspiring of a performance as his fanboys on this forum think it was, pretty much just like the Colorado game. He is a competent FBS quarterback and that's about it.

Now do the Colt’s 2009 OU game, all 2003 VY games, and Aaron Rodgers playoff performances.

I’m not saying Casey is anywhere near those guys, but breaking down how wobbly first down passes are in a half of football where the dude throws for over 200 yards, is absurd.

Casey’s leading us to at least the Big 12 title, if he was playing behind our 2005 oline and opposite the 2009 defense/special teams. Shit, Case would be.

Next year if Ewers is running for his life in shoot outs, we’re going 6-7 and wondering what a bust he is. We’ve been scapegoating QBs for over 10 years, when dogshit coaching, olines, and defenses have dwarfed our QB problems.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 1/14/2022 at 12:15 PM, Tylerocks said:

He was good at times

He was bad at times

His WR's dropped a shitload of passes

He missed a shitload of easy throws.

One thing was constant though...his Defense sucked shit through a straw all season.

Outside of the last part, he should feel right at home then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

The locker room loved him! All he did was sit and watch film for 20 hours a day! He just sat in the corner and waited his turn but the coaches screwed him!

Guess we can be charitable and count this as Nebraska's first win over Texas in the 21st century.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

From "THE SPUN"  (SI)

March 9, 2022 @ 10:23pm » Andrew Gould

Huskers QB Casey Thompson Compares Nebraska To Texas

GettyImages-1354468383-775x465.jpg

AUSTIN, TEXAS - NOVEMBER 13: Casey Thompson #11 of the Texas Longhorns stands for The Eyes of Texas after the game against the Kansas Jayhawks at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium on November 13, 2021 in Austin, Texas. (Photo by Tim Warner/Getty Images)

Casey Thompson disputed the notion that everything’s bigger in Texas.

Since transferring from the Longhorns to Nebraska Cornhuskers in January, the 23-year-old quarterback has noticed some differences. Per Sam McKewon of the Omaha World-Herald, Thompson said he’s come across more Name, Image, and Likeness (NIL) opportunities at his new school.

In fact, per Brian Christopherson of 247 Sports, Thompson said he’s received too many NIL offers since joining the Huskers.  

“Nebraska is probably hands down one of the best programs in the country for Name, Image and Likeness opportunities. The support and the fan base here, I would say there’s nothing that really compares to this,” Thompson said. “I’m kind of even surprised, and a little bit blown away about how much football is a big deal around here. But it’s been great, it’s been fun. I’m kind of at the point now where I’m having to, like, tone down a little bit of the (NIL) opportunities just so I can focus on ball.”  🙄

To some, it may feel like heresy to suggest football is a bigger deal somewhere outside of the Lone Star State. Yet Thompson explained that Austin, Texas, is more spread out than his new home, which is a “tight-knit” community.

“Here at Nebraska, if I go to a restaurant or go to a local high school basketball game, or even just going to the gym down the street to try to get some lifts in on the weekend, I’m going to end up getting stopped and having to take pictures and stuff like that,” Thompson said. “But it comes with it and I’ve really enjoyed it so far. I think the Nebraska fan base is awesome.”  😂😂😂

NIL opportunities are a new element notable NCAA athletes can now consider when choosing a program. Thompson, who is competing for the starting job this spring, reflected this adapting mindset that could soon become far more prevalent.

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

From "THE SPUN"  (SI)

AUSTIN, TEXAS - NOVEMBER 13: Casey Thompson #11 of the Texas Longhorns stands for The Eyes of Texas after the game against the Kansas Jayhawks at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium on November 13, 2021 in Austin, Texas. (Photo by Tim Warner/Getty Images)

Since transferring from the Longhorns to Nebraska Cornhuskers in January, the 23-year-old quarterback has noticed some differences. Per Sam McKewon of the Omaha World-Herald, Thompson said he’s come across more Name, Image, and Likeness (NIL) opportunities at his new school.

In fact, per Brian Christopherson of 247 Sports, Thompson said he’s received too many NIL offers since joining the Huskers.  

“Nebraska is probably hands down one of the best programs in the country for Name, Image and Likeness opportunities. The support and the fan base here, I would say there’s nothing that really compares to this,” Thompson said. “I’m kind of even surprised, and a little bit blown away about how much football is a big deal around here. But it’s been great, it’s been fun. I’m kind of at the point now where I’m having to, like, tone down a little bit of the (NIL) opportunities just so I can focus on ball.”  🙄

To some, it may feel like heresy to suggest football is a bigger deal somewhere outside of the Lone Star State. Yet Thompson explained that Austin, Texas, is more spread out than his new home, which is a “tight-knit” community.

“Here at Nebraska, if I go to a restaurant or go to a local high school basketball game, or even just going to the gym down the street to try to get some lifts in on the weekend, I’m going to end up getting stopped and having to take pictures and stuff like that,” Thompson said. “But it comes with it and I’ve really enjoyed it so far. I think the Nebraska fan base is awesome.”  😂😂😂

NIL opportunities are a new element notable NCAA athletes can now consider when choosing a program. Thompson, who is competing for the starting job this spring, reflected this adapting mindset that could soon become far more prevalent.

Wait, how does he have time for lifts on the weekend after watching film 23 1/2 hours per day?

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

From "THE SPUN"  (SI)

Some how some way people will take offense to this benign article.  

• Like 1