Casey Thompson

Tex Long

5 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

"This place is most likely filled with a bunch of predominantly white nerdy middle aged to old men"

curious as to why there is never a youth infusion. 20somethings aren't interested in forums? 

Will the forum concept die out in 20-30 years when this cohort goes?

discord >

• Like 1

Thx for this info goes to @Fud

Brandon Drumm blOU $9.95er :

*** Finally, back to QB transfer Casey Thompson. I spoke with him yesterday and he is interested in OU, with Coach Gundy and Coach Lebby talking to him several times already.

Nebraska is still the team I would pick right now, but if Caleb Williams drags this thing out too long, I think OU will press hard on CT. They like him and want him, but CW is the guy they have first as of now and CT knows and understands that.

Regardless, I don’t think the Sooners will let it get too far without reassurances from CW and his camp. If they can’t get that in the next week, I can’t imagine the Sooners not putting the full court press on the Sooners legacy.

I will see if I can’t find out more on this soon.

25 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

He’s not a great fit for the V/S. 

Seriously.   And he would be competing against a more experienced/accomplished QB that already knows the scheme.  Assuming OU still wants him for depth (and scouting against Texas), this would be a ridiculous decision if his goal is to actually play next year barring injury to the starter.

2 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Casey and his arrogant dipshit dad thought Casey was better than Sam. There’s no stopping them from believing Casey is better than anyone who ends up on the roster, including CW.

He WAS a better QB than Sam right up until he injured his thumb. He just isn’t a better FULLBACK than Sam, so once he couldn’t throw for shit, he was no longer an asset. 

Sam never had a game like the 20 minutes that Casey played in the Alamo Bowl, nor like the Tech game or the first half of the OU game. 

Casey and his OU dad were right. 

And he sure as fuck was better than Hudson Card.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

He WAS a better QB than Sam right up until he injured his thumb. He just isn’t a better FULLBACK than Sam, so once he couldn’t throw for shit, he was no longer an asset. 

Sam never had a game like the 20 minutes that Casey played in the Alamo Bowl, nor like the Tech game or the first half of the OU game. 

19 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

lol

Correct response was correct.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

God, I love this place...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Thx for this info goes to @Fud

Brandon Drumm blOU $9.95er :

*** Finally, back to QB transfer Casey Thompson. I spoke with him yesterday and he is interested in OU, with Coach Gundy and Coach Lebby talking to him several times already.

Nebraska is still the team I would pick right now, but if Caleb Williams drags this thing out too long, I think OU will press hard on CT. They like him and want him, but CW is the guy they have first as of now and CT knows and understands that.

Regardless, I don’t think the Sooners will let it get too far without reassurances from CW and his camp. If they can’t get that in the next week, I can’t imagine the Sooners not putting the full court press on the Sooners legacy.

I will see if I can’t find out more on this soon.

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

You can't use this angle to stan Casey Thompson and then ignore the fact that Herman would consistently wear Ehlinger down over the course of the year and be trotting out an obviously banged up QB by mid- and late-season. Sam Ehlinger went toe to toe with Joe Burrow and Kyler Murrary in college. Sam Ehlinger also never had Sark calling the plays, nor a home run threat like Xavier Worthy.

Casey Thompson is a plus college QB when healthy, and perfectly capable of winning games when set up for success. There's no need to deny that, but there's no need to embellish it either.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Deserves a “haha,” but not the pos rep that comes with it.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Casey and his arrogant dipshit dad thought Casey was better than Sam. There’s no stopping them from believing Casey is better than anyone who ends up on the roster, including CW.

What is he supposed to believe?

"I'm the best ever, I just need to keep working at getting even better," has a nice ring to it.

I mean, gotdamn... Everybody knows Drew Bledsoe is obviously better than Tom Brady... and Kurt Warner should be sacking groceries... and Warren Moon should be a safety in Canada...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Hi Mr. Thompson

On 1/5/2022 at 6:19 PM, gmr548 said:

Casey Thompson is a plus college QB when healthy, and perfectly capable of winning games when set up for success. There's no need to deny that, but there's no need to embellish it either.

I think you’re on the wrong thread, dude.  This one is for dramatic overreaction.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/5/2022 at 3:28 PM, Napoleon said:

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/20/2021 at 8:49 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, and if we don't fix the OL, he may have more than a lil "Card" in him, himself.

These suburban white boy QBs don't see 225lb plus LB and DE flying at them at warp speed, at least not until they get pretty deep in the playoffs.  I'm sure it takes a bit of adjustment.

That’s a fucking ridiculous take on suburban white boy QBs.