Casey Thompson

Tex Long

2 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

And even if that were true, if the D was nicknaming one of their quarterbacks "QB2" in the middle of fall camp (which would be before most or all of the supposed drama), who are the ones with the culture problem again?

I had a snarky retort but the thought that the defense labeled anyone “QB2” is so dumb I’m just gonna hold off. Maybe some jackoff on the D said they thought he should be second string and this dude here took that ball and ran with it. But probably not even that. It’s just made up bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I had a snarky retort but the thought that the defense labeled anyone “QB2” is so dumb I’m just gonna hold off. Maybe some jackoff on the D said they thought he should be second string and this dude here took that ball and ran with it. But probably not even that. It’s just made up bullshit.

It's also possible that since so many QB2s have torched them, that they were paying Casey a compliment.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

This team lost 6 straight games and repeatedly blew 2nd half leads and some of you are refusing to believe that there was potentially some animosity between players. 

We literally watched BJ Foster quit on the fucking field and Bo Davis tear into an entire bus full of players for not giving a shit but apparently it's just UNFATHOMABLE that anyone on the defense would be talking behind the QB's back. 

After watching the absolute shitshow that we were for the last 7.5 games of the season I can't help but think there was maybe a little dissonance behind closed doors.

• Hook 'Em 1

This conversation is dumb.  Those that want to burn Casey can get fucked.  Casey is light years better than Card and we were better when Casey played than Card.  Sark blew it in the first place starting Card (and I am otherwise a Sark apologist).  Casey has graduated, which given the Sark yo-yo almost guaranteed his transfer even without Ewers.  We brought in Ewers who is all world and crossing my fingers, knocking on wood, etc. isn't the second coming Garrett Gilbert or Tate Martell, because frankly, one never knows.  But given pedigree, Ewers will start for us next year, Casey knows that, and so does Hudson.  The job is already won, and hopefully, after spring, deservedly so.

I hope Casey transfers somewhere and kills it next year.  I liked the dude the same way I liked David Ash.  I'm just glad that with Ewers and Maalik, I likely don't have to sit through another Hudson Card game.  And the LT Mafia can EABOD.  Dude is a homeless man's Mitch Trubisky.  I am sure he is a nice kid, but that was a bad take by UT from jump.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

Am I the only one that doesn't believe this is true? Sure neither is VY but I think they are both close. Sark has to think that was at least true given early this season

It was until Card was traumatized by Arky and got himself a case of the yips or whatever the football equivalent is. Maybe he got over it vs WVU but he desperately needs consecutive successful outings to get his head right. He needs a Baylor or Aggy non-conference schedule... We play Bama week 2 right? 

Edited by B00M
  • Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

I don't blame the players, i blame fat Mack and his recruiting fuckups for chasing stars and not talent.  How many Heisman QB's were in our backyard over those fateful years?

Same for Simms.  I was there at the Big12 Championship when they announced had Texas won, we're in the dance.  The place was electric!  Then Simms shit the bed and Mack kept him out there to flounder.  

Or going with Simms over Major.  I was also there at the Cotton Bowl that freezing ass morning when Opie got both his knees shredded, giving Mack the out to start his golden boy that next season.

Simms was better than Major. And to still be blaming anyone other than Mack after seeing his teams throughout the years is laughable at this point. Mack teams not led by VY were all the same, almost good. Tech in 08. Bama/Colt in 09. Shit, even OU in 04. All those games were the exact same recipe as the Simms era. Time to stop blaming Simms. Different QBs. Same results. One constant. Blame Mack. Only an otherworldly talent like VY was able to shake Mack's bullshit.

Edited by Thatguy

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Simms was better than Major. And to still be blaming anyone other than Mack after seeing his teams throughout the years is laughable at this point. Mack teams not led by VY were all the same, almost good. Tech in 08. Bama/Colt in 09. Shit, even OU in 04. All those games were the exact same recipe as the Simms era. Time to stop blaming Simms. Different QBs. Same results. One constant. Blame Mack. Only an otherworldly talent like VY was able to shake Mack's bullshit.

Overall yes, just referencing that particular game where it was obvious he was struggling.  I don't 'hate' Mack.  He accomplished a lot, flipped early recruiting on it's head, and adapted his coaching styles to an extent .  It was his stubborn pride and hubris that drove me bat-crap crazy.  His "in game" adjustments cost me a few years off my life.

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

Overall yes, just referencing that particular game where it was obvious he was struggling.  I don't 'hate' Mack.  He accomplished a lot, flipped early recruiting on it's head, and adapted his coaching styles to an extent .  It was his stubborn pride and hubris that drove me bat-crap crazy.  His "in game" adjustments cost me a few years off my life.

And that's what I am saying. By that measurement he should've replaced Colt in 08. Vy in 04. and the same in every other year we almost got it done. We were always the same too. Didn't come out with the right emotional state to play in those games. And it was everyone too. QB running for their lives because the line couldn't hold. Mack transferred his fear onto the team and it showed. VY was the only one to overcome that.

8 hours ago, General Specific said:

X was recruiting a QB, enough said. Fuck QB2, fuck portal threats, fuck it all. Next man up.

Thanks Casey, good luck.

Or mayyybeee CT pretty much knew Ewers was already in so he was already planning on going in the portal and told X so...Or maybe he didn't think Casey would mind if he, X, wanted a QB for his third year at UT. No, alll of y'all have to interpret it like some bitch move on The Bachelor or some shit, that X just threw it out there on the Internet and Casey and his dad collapsed weeping when they saw it.

On another note, not only did Casey have a shit offensive line, but the Casey haters on this thread seem to be forgetting or ignoring the fact that aside from X and the usual four games of a healthy Whittington, this was the sorriest WR corps we've had in years.  

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

And that's what I am saying. By that measurement he should've replaced Colt in 08. Vy in 04. and the same in every other year we almost got it done. We were always the same too. Didn't come out with the right emotional state to play in those games. And it was everyone too. QB running for their lives because the line couldn't hold. Mack transferred his fear onto the team and it showed. VY was the only one to overcome that.

Yep.  On that cold, fateful day at the Cotton Bowl my dad said it looked like Mack was wound so tight it looked like you couldn't get a greased BB up his ass.  

8 hours ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

Am I the only one that doesn't believe this is true? Sure neither is VY but I think they are both close. Sark has to think that was at least true given early this season

They have different strengths and weaknesses.  But Card didn't produce much this year.

13 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Ewers should be finishing his senior year in HS under a normal timeline. Very few 18 or 19 year old QBs light it up from the jump in high D1 football. I just hope Texas fans have patience.

haaaaaaaahahahahaaa

haa

"Patience"

aaaah... so funny.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

I blame Mack.  Major was a better college QB than Simms.  Major was the guy you wanted in with 2 minutes to go down 5.  Simms was a better pro QB and was better physically.  But when push came to shove, you wanted Major.  The only thing salvaging Mack's Colorado mistake is that Miami would have mauled us like they did Nebraska.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

This conversation is dumb.  Those that want to burn Casey can get fucked.  Casey is light years better than Card and we were better when Casey played than Card.  Sark blew it in the first place starting Card (and I am otherwise a Sark apologist).  Casey has graduated, which given the Sark yo-yo almost guaranteed his transfer even without Ewers.  We brought in Ewers who is all world and crossing my fingers, knocking on wood, etc. isn't the second coming Garrett Gilbert or Tate Martell, because frankly, one never knows.  But given pedigree, Ewers will start for us next year, Casey knows that, and so does Hudson.  The job is already won, and hopefully, after spring, deservedly so.

I hope Casey transfers somewhere and kills it next year.  I liked the dude the same way I liked David Ash.  I'm just glad that with Ewers and Maalik, I likely don't have to sit through another Hudson Card game.  And the LT Mafia can EABOD.  Dude is a homeless man's Mitch Trubisky.  I am sure he is a nice kid, but that was a bad take by UT from jump.

This whole thing is dumb. Casey had a 61.4 QBR and Card had a 58.8.. Casey was 9th in the league in QBR and 9th in Ints per attempt. Texas might have won if Card doesnt play vs Kansas. Texas might have won vs WVU if Casey doesnt start. The important thing here isnt some ridiculous argument between Card and Casey, it is the fact that neither played consistently well or even at average Big 12 level. Who gives a shit about which one is the tallest midget.  Watching these arguments gives me insight to the terrific QB arguments over the years from Bears fans. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 3

Or mayyybeee CT pretty much knew Ewers was already in so he was already planning on going in the portal and told X so...Or maybe he didn't think Casey would mind if he, X, wanted a QB for his third year at UT. No, alll of y'all have to interpret it like some bitch move on The Bachelor or some shit, that X just threw it out there on the Internet and Casey and his dad collapsed weeping when they saw it.
On another note, not only did Casey have a shit offensive line, but the Casey haters on this thread seem to be forgetting or ignoring the fact that aside from X and the usual four games of a healthy Whittington, this was the sorriest WR corps we've had in years.  

Did CT threaten to enter the portal if not named the starter earlier this year? Or was that just $9.95er shit?

Look, most if us get CT>HC this year. But let’s not forget CTs lack of leadership from a now senior (that void was filled by, checks notes… Rojo, Bijan and X), a helicopter father, or the fact that the position was to be open again next year after a 5 and fucking 7 year. And most of us could see the writing on the wall, even without QE coming in.

CT could have stayed and competed, again, for the open spot. But, nope, he cut and ran. I, like most here, though CT could get it going. He didn’t, and now we’ll never know.

So again, I say good luck CT.

On to the next, QE, MM, Santa Clause or Satan. Don’t care, just win!

On 12/21/2021 at 9:58 AM, Thatguy said:

The 2008 team was better than the 2004 team, even by the Rose Bowl when they were clicking. We were the best team in the country in 2008, and Mack’s coaching style had zero to do with the one game we lost that year…

1 hour ago, Ignatius said:

The 2008 team was better than the 2004 team, even by the Rose Bowl when they were clicking. We were the best team in the country in 2008, and Mack’s coaching style had zero to do with the one game we lost that year…

Mack's coaching style had nothing to do with it? What was our MO under Mack? Coming out flat in games right? That was most def what happened in Lubbock. Also, that game was the 9th game of the season.

some of y'all need to stop posting football if you think Casey was responsible for the team's poor performance. 

1. worst OL any of us have ever seen EVER SEEN in decades.  Even the superstar Bijan had trouble finding lanes.  Kansas dominated them. 

2. Casey had a bad throwing hand. This matters

3. Worst Defense any of us have ever seen EVER SEEN.

Quin could be a disappoinment, or injured. Does UT have any f'n depth at the most important position in all of sports???

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

1. worst OL any of us have ever seen EVER SEEN in decades.  Even the superstar Bijan had trouble finding lanes.  Kansas dominated them.

Tell me you didn’t watch any of the games without saying you didn’t watch any of the games.

”worst OL any of us have ever seen in decades”….in 2014 we started a dude at tackle who had a nickname centered around the fact that he didn’t like contact.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/20/2021 at 3:54 PM, Hookem2147 said:

I wish he was just whining for playing time. He cleaned out his lock THREE different times during his Texas career. And no my source is not IT. I know a player on the team. I don’t need those facts to verified by 9.95ers to know it’s true.

He was fake. Not one member of the team lost a minute of sleep Friday night after this news. He was not respected. The defense (our defense, the worst defense in school history) nicknamed him QB2 halfway through fall camp because he was playing so poorly. He routinely showed up late to team functions or didn’t show up at all. He did not handle criticism well. He hated being corrected by Milwee and Sark.

When you walk into a coaches office 7 days before the season opener threatening to transfer if you aren’t given playing time, that isn’t being a competitor. That’s being a joke of a teammate and a cancer. When you walk back into that coaches office 2 days after a season opening win and complain about the lack of passes called while you were on the field in the season opener, that’s being a joke of a teammate and a cancer. When your dad goes to a media member and tells him coaches are playing players based on their race, that isn’t being a helicopter dad, that’s called being the biggest issue in todays society. 

But please, by all all means, continue to praise the kid.

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Internet propaganda always has lies like this to try to steal credibility. 

Prove it. Who is the player? Get him to tweet it to prove it. Otherwise you shouldn't throw shit like that out there. 

This place is most likely filled with a bunch of predominantly white nerdy middle aged to old men. Exactly who 19 yr old predominantly black players confide in. 

In the end the kid sat 3 years and got a shot to play but was replaced with an elite prospect who's getting guaranteed starts next season. An entitled whiny kid doesn't sit 3 years without playing like he did. He bails after 1. 

4 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Prove it. Who is the player? Get him to tweet it to prove it. Otherwise you shouldn't throw shit like that out there. 

This place is most likely filled with a bunch of predominantly white nerdy middle aged to old men. Exactly who 19 yr old predominantly black players confide in. 

In the end the kid sat 3 years and got a shot to play but was replaced with an elite prospect who's getting guaranteed starts next season. An entitled whiny kid doesn't sit 3 years without playing like he did. He bails after 1. 

I wish Casey the best, Charles. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Tell me you didn’t watch any of the games without saying you didn’t watch any of the games.

”worst OL any of us have ever seen in decades”….in 2014 we started a dude at tackle who had a nickname centered around the fact that he didn’t like contact.

yes nicknames.  This unit is worse than 2014, 2010, 1988, 1997. 

• Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, Hermanator said:

"Prove it"

*proceeds to say a bunch of unprovable subjective shit as if it were fact*

37 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

"Prove it"

*proceeds to say a bunch of unprovable subjective shit as if it were fact*

Don't know about the nerdy part but yeah this board is most definitely majority middle age to old white men.  

But I don't think prevents them from knowing a player on the team.  

I don't see how someone can call Casey a quitter though after his time here at Texas.  

I don’t blame a kid for wanting to quit when a bunch of shit doesn’t go their way. In Casey’s case, he was the assumed 2021 starter after his performance at the Alamo bowl only to see his coach get fired and watch the new coach select Card as the starter after a competitive fall camp. He watches Card shit the bed against Arkansas, then “wins” the starting job. Just when he started to get in the groove, he injures his thumb and starts to play like shit which leads to a frustrating 5-7 season. So what if he cleaned out his locker a few times in frustration? He didn’t quit like Josh Moore…..he stuck it out through the end of the season and I respect that. It’s not easy being a QB at UT on a struggling team, just ask Garrett Gilbert. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1