Cop intentionally t-bones a student in the school parking lot

Sandman

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

I wish I could comprehend what was going through this guys mind when he did this. What a fucktard.

https://newsmaven.io/pinacnews/police-brutality/dashcam-video-shows-illinois-cop-ramming-suv-into-unsuspecting-teenage-girl-v8MUnjn3fU2LPvQyekTjaA/

"You ok honey?"

She was before you rammed you car into her you fucking mental midget.

Go cover your ass with false concern somewhere else Hero.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Hey at least he tried to cover his ass on audio by asking if she was ok.

I don’t understand how you have the school on lockdown, but a random car is driving through the parking lot.

fify

She was returning to school from an outside appointment and had no idea about the lockdown. The lockdown by the way was implemented because of a bomb threat. In whose mind does a lockdown in a bomb situation make sense? Maybe think about an evacuation you dumbass.

I get that. My point was how do they not have a perimeter set up to keep the public out of the way.

This is an excerpt from the initial police department statement on the incident:

Marion County Sheriff’s Deputies say Centralia Officer William White was watching the perimeter of the school when he saw a car entering the parking lot at a high rate of speed. He followed the car in the neighboring driving lane in the parking lot. The car then made a turn and drove in front of the lane where the squad car was traveling resulting in the crash.

56 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Go cover your ass with false concern somewhere else Hero.

Based on the article, he decided to cover his ass with lies instead.

Officer White is guilty of assault with a deadly weapon. After being fired, he should be prosecuted criminally just as any ordinary citizen would be had he/she done the same. But we know that won't happen.

59 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Based on the article, he decided to cover his ass with lies instead.

Officer White is guilty of assault with a deadly weapon. After being fired, he should be prosecuted criminally just as any ordinary citizen would be had he/she done the same. But we know that won't happen.

Ah, I missed that.

And couldn't agree more that the dude should feel the full weight of our justice system, or should I say, "justice" system?

On 3/23/2019 at 5:36 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

She was returning to school from an outside appointment and had no idea about the lockdown. The lockdown by the way was implemented because of a bomb threat. In whose mind does a lockdown in a bomb situation make sense? Maybe think about an evacuation you dumbass.

This happened my senior year of high school and our principal told us it was because they worried about snipers outside who would pick each student off one by one and the surviving students would get blown up by the bomb.

19 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

This happened my senior year of high school and our principal told us it was because they worried about snipers outside who would pick each student off one by one and the surviving students would get blown up by the bomb.

Even this absurdly overdramatic and fearful logic is dumb. So 100% of students die by bomb instead of some students surviving in a mad dash while a sniper fires at them?

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 6:36 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Exactly - when my sons school went on a lockdown they rolled in the fire department and city maintenance vehicles to block all the entrances.
Their biggest concern was that the helicopter parents would flock to school to pick up their snowflakes and turn a situation into a melee.

The video contradicts initial police reports.

A video showing an Illinois cop deliberately ramming into the car of a 17-year-old girl in a high school parking lot contradicts the initial police narrative that the girl pulled in front of the cop.

I am shocked that the video contradicted initial police narrative. Shocked.

I always wonder why anyone takes these school bomb threats seriously?  If you wanted to blow up a building and kill everyone in there, why would you call and thwart your own plan? 

If you say "well maybe the bomber just wants to blow up the building, but didn't want anyone to get hurt" then why wouldn't they just detonate it in the middle of the night?

It has to be a hoax every time right?

3 hours ago, Rusty Shackelford said:

I always wonder why anyone takes these school bomb threats seriously?  If you wanted to blow up a building and kill everyone in there, why would you call and thwart your own plan? 

If you say "well maybe the bomber just wants to blow up the building, but didn't want anyone to get hurt" then why wouldn't they just detonate it in the middle of the night?

Until it's not.  Would you want to be the school official who didn't take it seriously only to have it be true?

4 hours ago, Rusty Shackelford said:

When I taught at UHawaii, we had a bomb threat every week after about the third week.  It was always some student trying to get a test postponed.  

Exactly - when my sons school went on a lockdown they rolled in the fire department and city maintenance vehicles to block all the entrances.
Their biggest concern was that the helicopter parents would flock to school to pick up their snowflakes and turn a situation into a melee.

If they called in the fire department and the garbage men they were more worried the cops would fuck it up first.

7 hours ago, Nivek said:

If they called in the fire department and the garbage men they were more worried the cops would fuck it up first.

No idea what you are trying to say, they used the vehicles to block roads and the entrances from the school to prevent people from getting on the premises. Where our school complex is located is in a small town that has 3 schools with connected parking lots and access from 6 local roads.

What they obviously didn't do in the video is keep no emergency traffic out of the school parking lot.

6 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Or the one that ordered them locked in with the bomb

Yep, though unless the tip specified that the bomb was located somewhere inside the building and not merely "on campus," one could make an argument that it might be a good idea to verify that the evacuation routes were safe prior to send hundreds of students through them.  I'm not saying that's what happened here, just that an immediate complete evacuation of a building may not be the best option when the location of the bomb is unknown.  It's still probably best to get everyone as far away from campus as quickly as possible.  Regardless, it doesn't explain the dumbassery of ramming cars in the parking lot unless there is good reason to think it's a suicide car bomb scenario.