Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb Bomb Iran.

Anastasis

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Because why not gift Biden a war on the way out the door?

Oy vey......

Hey conference room .... FUCK YOU !!!  at least have the balls to use actual words instead of little emojis like some lame ass pussy, unless of course you are some lame ass pussy... are some lame ass pussy ?.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Fuck You 2

23 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Do you honestly believe that either of the likely actors here take this step without at least the tacit approval of the administration?

I don't know, but wouldn't be surprised either way. They both know the complete lame duck status trumps been given so that gives them a green light to take advantage in my opinion.

There was some speculation about Trump firing Esper in order to get a yes-man in the job who would do Trump's bidding in these last months without pushing back on risky military actions with specific consternation over a potential attack on Iran.

And Trump continues to oust others with extensive national security expertise in his last months in office. One can't help but question his motives and what (if anything) he's got up his sleeves.

Trump administration removes experts from Defense Policy Board

(CNN)Several high profile members of the Defense Policy Board were removed on Wednesday by the Trump administration, in yet another purge of longstanding foreign policy experts and national security establishment figures in the final days of the Trump era, according to three defense officials.

Members who were suddenly removed include former Secretaries of State Madeleine Albright and Henry Kissinger, former ranking member of the House Intelligence committee Jane Harman and former House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, two of the officials said.

The Defense Policy Board is an outside advisory group of former high profile national security officials who "provide the Secretary of Defense and the Deputy Secretary of Defense, independent, informed advice and opinions concerning matters of defense policy in response to specific tasks from the Secretary of Defense, the Deputy Secretary of Defense," according to their website.

"As part of long-considered changes, we can confirm that several members of the Department's Defense Policy Board have been removed. We are extremely grateful for their dedicated service, commitment, and contributions to our national security. Future announcements for new members of the board will be made soon," the third official said.

The first two officials said the members removed also included former Chief of Naval Operations, retired Adm. Gary Roughead, former chief operating officer at the Pentagon Rudy De Leon and former Bush deputy national security adviser J.D. Crouch II.

Foreign Policy first reported the removals.

Acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller, who made an unannounced trip to Bahrain and Qatar Wednesday nearly a week after announcing US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan would be further reduced, said in a statement Thursday, "I am grateful to the departing board members, many of whom have served for decades."

"As we adapt the Department for great power competition, I look forward to naming new board members in the coming days," Miller said.

After Trump fired Defense Secretary Mark Esper earlier this month, the Pentagon made sweeping changes in leadership and removed several most senior officials, replacing them with perceived loyalists to the President. The move fueled alarm among military and civilian officials who were concerned about what could come next.

The new appointments include retired Army Brig. Gen. Anthony Tata, now a top Pentagon official, who once called former President Barack Obama a terrorist leader and suggested that a former CIA director was using a Cicero quote to activate a sleeper agent to kill Trump. Kash Patel, former aide to Republican Rep. Devin Nunes of California, is chief of staff to Miller and leading Pentagon transition efforts with the incoming Biden-Harris administration.

Ezra Cohen-Watnick was also named to a new post and will be the acting under secretary of defense for intelligence. Cohen-Watnick gained notoriety in March 2017 for his alleged involvement in providing intelligence materials to then-House Intelligence Chairman Nunes, who went on to claim that US intelligence officials improperly surveilled Trump associates.

On 11/18/2020 at 10:59 PM, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

I'm no fan of the Orange God, but the statement you just made is one of the stupidest most trumpiest things I've read today. Anybody anywhere can pretty much come up with a study that "directly" links anything to anything. Hey, I farted and ten cats died! Everybody praise me because my farts are helping to eliminate invasive predators of neo migratory songbirds!

On 11/19/2020 at 6:22 AM, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Fair enough. It just bugs me when people interpret a study that says something is possible or even likely to mean that it is a definite. We don't know for sure that his events were the source of those outbreaks, but it is the strongest possible correlation that has been identified so far.

lol

On 11/18/2020 at 1:00 PM, workswithseed said:

Wait, you mean he did nothing for months, till it hit our border! Guess we should blame Pearl Harbor on that man who was a jerk to the Japanese and stopped selling oil to them when they were commiting atrocities. I also like that he didn't do enough, but started the task force, gave everyone that needed ventilators what they wanted. Now we have two vaccines out under his watch with help under Operation Warp speed. Our economy has been basically back to pre Covid, Hell, I'm not saying he didn't deal with it perfectly, but got damn. 

Good Lord.

On November 27, 2020 at 5:48 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

What are the negative repercussions of outgoing administration officials signing off on the creation of a crisis for the new one to inherit, and what should they be?

They made a movie out of it. It was called Black Hawk Down. 

This is totally Bush league. 

On 11/18/2020 at 1:00 PM, workswithseed said:

Wait, you mean he did nothing for months, till it hit our border!

Well, he did dismantle the office that was dedicated to identifying and game planning for pandemics. 

If Israel really wants to send a message, they'll whack the guy sent to take this guy's place.  It might start seeping in that being in Iran's nuclear program is dangerous to your health.

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The Republicans have been really inconsistent with that whole "Axis of Evil" thing, which began with removing the biggest check against Iranian power and greatly strengthening their position in the region. 

Fucking morons. 

I have always believed that was policy by speechwriting- David Frum coined that phrase first, liked it, and then put Iran in the mix because he needed a third country to make it work. 

18 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I have always believed that was policy by speechwriting- David Frum coined that phrase first, liked it, and then put Iran in the mix because he needed a third country to make it work. 

Would have been more fun to shit on Suriname, just to see them look at the news and go "WTF? What the hell did WE do?"

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 2:08 PM, Monster said:

Assuming we don't flip flop presidents until everyone riots, and Biden gets the office, how long do you think it'll be before we go to war with Iran?

The loathing of Trump is well documented on this website, and not without reason, but his refusal to start an all-out war in Iran, (despite numerous false flags marketed by the MSM) was one of the highlights of the last four years.    

So I ask you, if Biden is elected, and Israel-SA want the US to invade and destabalize Iran, for whatever reason is conjured by our MSM, will liberals support another war in the middle-east?  

I'm old enough to remember when liberals were anti-war. (Back when I was one.)   I was surprised by this thread last year, when I learned that many modern libs are pro-war/pro-invading other countries...

this guy nailed it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Trump reversed the Def Dept's plan to remove USS Nimitz from the Middle East. https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/04/politics/uss-nimitz-aircraft-carrier-middle-east-iran/index.html

At the direction of President Donald Trump, acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller ordered a US aircraft carrier to return to the Middle East following a White House meeting Sunday, according to a senior defense official.

This decision reversed Miller's order last week to send the USS Nimitz out of the region and home, in part, to send a de-escalation signal to Iran amid rising tensions between Washington and Tehran.

Sounds like Trump wants to go to war with Iran while he and the defense dept are not on speaking terms with the administration that is coming into office in 2 weeks.  This would probably be a bad time to switch leaders so maybe Trump should stay on temporarily for another 12-18 months.  ;)

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/threat-air-traffic-control-iranian-general-qassem-soleimani-revenge/

Breach of air traffic control sends chilling threat as revenge for killing of Iranian general

Multiple air traffic controllers in New York heard a chilling threat Monday in audio obtained exclusively by CBS News: "We are flying a plane into the Capitol on Wednesday. Soleimani will be avenged."

The threat refers to Qassem Soleimani, the Iranian general killed last year in a U.S. drone strike ordered by President Trump. It was made on the one-year anniversary of Soleimani's death, for which Iranian officials have long vowed revenge.

It's unclear who sent the threat. While the government does not believe the warning of an attack is credible, it is being investigated as a breach of aviation frequencies, CBS News has learned. 

3 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

Name the last Democrat President to start a war. 

Now name the Republican presidents who have started wars since then. 

If you execute bombing runs from an air conditioned container in the middle of the desert using video game controls it doesn't count.  - Sun Tzu

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/threat-air-traffic-control-iranian-general-qassem-soleimani-revenge/

Breach of air traffic control sends chilling threat as revenge for killing of Iranian general

Multiple air traffic controllers in New York heard a chilling threat Monday in audio obtained exclusively by CBS News: "We are flying a plane into the Capitol on Wednesday. Soleimani will be avenged."

The threat refers to Qassem Soleimani, the Iranian general killed last year in a U.S. drone strike ordered by President Trump. It was made on the one-year anniversary of Soleimani's death, for which Iranian officials have long vowed revenge.

It's unclear who sent the threat. While the government does not believe the warning of an attack is credible, it is being investigated as a breach of aviation frequencies, CBS News has learned. 

Well that's just great.

27 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Explain the Iraq War started by George W. Bush. 

Well, first a bunch of our besties from the middle east flew some planes into buildings. Then we decided in response to wipe our ass with our civil liberties and start murdering and torturing unrelated brown people...

Edited by Anastasis

21 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

What's Iran trying to do?  Unite the country?

But yeah...it's probably Giuliani in some Cessna.

11 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Explain the Iraq War started by George W. Bush. 

See dude, you got official wars, and then you got a whole bunch of other military actions that are actually not wars.

Look em all up.  There's been a shit ton of those started by each political party.

25 minutes ago, freyguy said:

See dude, you got official wars, and then you got a whole bunch of other military actions that are actually not wars.

Look em all up.  There's been a shit ton of those started by each political party.

Are you saying the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003 wasn’t an official war?

10 hours ago, Anastasis said:

My take...

Hide contents

InsideTheHouse.png?fit=787,605&ssl=1

Yep.

And yet there will be significant portions of the American population on both sides who actually believe that Iran-which has resisted being dragged into direct conflict with the US for years-all of a sudden decided not only to pick a fight with the US when Trump is itching to bomb Tehran in his final days in office, but actually broadcast it in advance for some bizarre reason.

When it comes to the question of "cui bono" in the realm of foreign affairs, the U.S. media tends to be uniformly disinterested. Funny that.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Parliament said:

The Iranian nuclear scientist assassinated near Tehran in November was killed by a one-ton gun smuggled into Iran in pieces by the Israeli intelligence agency Mossad, according to a report by The Jewish Chronicle on Wednesday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-nuclear-scientist-idUSKBN2AA2RC

So that accounting sounds about right to me. I do not endorse what the mossad did here, but when the United States abdicates any real responsibility for what takes place around the world this happens. What I personally believe is the same sentiment that others could say about their program though. Are they undertaking a nuclear project for peaceful means? Yes I believe they are, BUT it is because having a nuclear weapon acts as a deterrent to ever being the possible target of bombs from a foreign adversary. They were not undertaking their program for energy purposes. I think we all know that. I would say that North Korea developing the bomb, as well as having China as a neighbor, has put up a deterrent to there being war again on the Korean Peninsula. That would be the closest similar circumstance I can bring up at the moment. It does not mean I think Kim Jong Un should be in power, he clearly should be at The Hague for crimes committed against humanity, but we can see what a nuclear weapon does in regards to how a country is negotiated with versus those who do not possess one.

I also personally believe that Iran has a lot of positive things to offer to the world. They have an almost unmatched history that goes very near to the core of human civilization. Their contribution to science, mathematics and history is extraordinary. The Iranian people, at least those I have known over the years, are jovial and good human beings. I think that we as a world should be far more inclusive instead of exclusive. Bringing Iran fully into the fold of the modern world, that means having good relations with the United States and others at the moment, is a net positive for all involved. As a species we could do so much better and should be striving to do better. 

• Hook 'Em 3

41 minutes ago, Parliament said:

The Iranian nuclear scientist assassinated near Tehran in November was killed by a one-ton gun smuggled into Iran in pieces by the Israeli intelligence agency Mossad, according to a report by The Jewish Chronicle on Wednesday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-nuclear-scientist-idUSKBN2AA2RC

If the U.S. can go around popping off potential threats to its security, then so can our allies.

36 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

So that accounting sounds about right to me. I do not endorse what the mossad did here, but when the United States abdicates any real responsibility for what takes place around the world this happens. What I personally believe is the same sentiment that others could say about their program though. Are they undertaking a nuclear project for peaceful means? Yes I believe they are, BUT it is because having a nuclear weapon acts as a deterrent to ever being the possible target of bombs from a foreign adversary. They were not undertaking their program for energy purposes. I think we all know that. I would say that North Korea developing the bomb, as well as having China as a neighbor, has put up a deterrent to there being war again on the Korean Peninsula. That would be the closest similar circumstance I can bring up at the moment. It does not mean I think Kim Jong Un should be in power, he clearly should be at The Hague for crimes committed against humanity, but we can see what a nuclear weapon does in regards to how a country is negotiated with versus those who do not possess one.

I also personally believe that Iran has a lot of positive things to offer to the world. They have an almost unmatched history that goes very near to the core of human civilization. Their contribution to science, mathematics and history is extraordinary. The Iranian people, at least those I have known over the years, are jovial and good human beings. I think that we as a world should be far more inclusive instead of exclusive. Bringing Iran fully into the fold of the modern world, that means having good relations with the United States and others at the moment, is a net positive for all involved. As a species we could do so much better and should be striving to do better. 

As long as Iran is run by religious zealotts who'd like nothing better than for the entire world revert to the 12th c. There will be no bringing of them into fold of the modern world. 

Irans nuclear program Is first and foremost a movement to create power for them at the table with the US and other world powers.  I don t blame them for doing it, but saying it's a peaceful program is not accurate in my opinion.  They're  still bent on the destruction of Israel.

The younger people want a more western form of life, but that isn't going to happening the present current, and that's always going to keep them from sitting at the table of the modern world in any normal way.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

This is why I love Mossad.  All eyes and ears perked up looking for a 2-man team trying to bring professional sniper rifles or rocket launchers into the country.  But what nobody is looking for is 20 guys, over 8 months, bringing tiny parts for a 2,000 pound weapons system to be fully assembled later on, inside Iran.  Like the full cavity check I once received, they are very thorough.