Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb Bomb Iran.

Anastasis

3 hours ago, Monster said:

Assuming we don't flip flop presidents until everyone riots, and Biden gets the office, how long do you think it'll be before we go to war with Iran?

The loathing of Trump is well documented on this website, and not without reason, but his refusal to start an all-out war in Iran, (despite numerous false flags marketed by the MSM) was one of the highlights of the last four years.    

So I ask you, if Biden is elected, and Israel-SA want the US to invade and destabalize Iran, for whatever reason is conjured by our MSM, will liberals support another war in the middle-east?  

I'm old enough to remember when liberals were anti-war. (Back when I was one.)   I was surprised by this thread last year, when I learned that many modern libs are pro-war/pro-invading other countries...

You old enough to remember January of this year?

Days later, the commander of IRGC's Quds Force Qasem Soleimani and PMF commander Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis were both killed in a U.S. drone strike, resulting in Iran's Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei pledging to exact revenge on U.S. forces. The U.S. deployed nearly 4,000 troops in response to the tensions, and Israel heightened its security levels.[44][45] On 5 January 2020, Iran ended its commitments to the nuclear deal,[46] and the Iraqi parliament passed a resolution to expel all foreign troops from its territory.[47]

The U.S. and Iran nearly entered into an open conflict on 8 January 2020 when the IRGC launched missile attacks against two US/Iraqi military bases housing U.S. soldiers in retaliation for the killing of Soleimani, a rare direct Iran–U.S. confrontation and the closest to the brink of war between the two nations in decades. 

• Like 1

Mr. Trump announced the decision on Twitter, writing in an abrupt post that Mr. Esper had been “terminated.”

Two White House officials said later on Monday that Mr. Trump was not finished, and that Christopher A. Wray, the F.B.I. director, and Gina Haspel, the C.I.A. director, could be next in line to be fired. Removing these senior officials — in effect decapitating the nation’s national security bureaucracy — would be without parallel by an outgoing president who has just lost re-election.

At the Pentagon, Mr. Esper’s departure means that Mr. Miller would — if he lasts — see out the end of the Trump administration. Defense Department officials have privately expressed worries that the president might initiate operations, whether overt or secret, against Iran or other adversaries during his last days in office.

“In my experience, there would only be a few reasons to fire a secretary of defense with 72 days left in an administration,” Representative Elissa Slotkin, Democrat of Michigan and a former Pentagon official in the Obama administration, said in a statement.

“One would be incompetence or wrongdoing, which do not seem to be the issue with Secretary Esper,” she said. “A second would be vindictiveness, which would be an irresponsible way to treat our national security. A third would be because the president wants to take actions that he believes his secretary of defense would refuse to take, which would be alarming. Whatever the reason, casting aside a secretary of defense during the volatile days of transition seems to neglect the president’s most important duty: to protect our national security.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/09/us/politics/esper-defense-secretary.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

@Monstercan go fuck his own face.

• Hook 'Em 2

Since this is all wild speculation...I am going to assume Biden's administration will focus heavily on domestic efforts.  Yes, he can dispatch people to re-engage in foreign affairs but likely just a return to Obama era policies.  I don't see Biden's administration focusing on leading in foreign affairs.  Plenty of work exists just in rebuilding institutions that have been damaged over the past 4 years.  There are plenty of issues to take care of domestically that speak to showing voters that democrats can produce.  

9 minutes ago, swraith said:

Since this is all wild speculation...I am going to assume Biden's administration will focus heavily on domestic efforts.  Yes, he can dispatch people to re-engage in foreign affairs but likely just a return to Obama era policies.  I don't see Biden's administration focusing on leading in foreign affairs.  Plenty of work exists just in rebuilding institutions that have been damaged over the past 4 years.  There are plenty of issues to take care of domestically that speak to showing voters that democrats can produce.  

Well rejoining the W.H.O., Paris Accord, and Iran Nuclear deal are all in his initial round of cancelling Trump E.O.s

11 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Fox News Sunday highlighting rumors that Trump is trying to pull out all our troops in Afghanistan to make way for an attack on Iran. Happy Sunday! 

If he wants losing the War in Afghanistan to be part of his legacy and being remembered for handing the country back to the Taliban, let him. 

if he wants to start a war with Iran then he should've done it before the election. It probably would have helped his reelection chances. That was a prediction I got wrong. I predicted he would make sure we were at war with Iran come election time, and fairly early in the war when it looked like everything was going well. He seemed to be flirting with the idea when he assassinated Soleimani on Iraqi soil. Maybe the pandemic put a damper on further escalation. But starting a war with Iran now would be taking George HW Bush's post-election excursion into Somalia and turning it up to 11. But taking bad examples from previous GOP administrations and turning them up to 11 has been his style so it wouldn't surprise me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Fox News Sunday highlighting rumors that Trump is trying to pull out all our troops in Afghanistan to make way for an attack on Iran. Happy Sunday! 

Did anyone tell him that Afghanistan and Iran are next to each other?

1 hour ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I believe the idea is to do long range missle and air attack on nuclear related facilities in Iran and removing soldiers in the area prevents immediate retaliation. 

Makes sense I guess, but we also have troops in Iraq.  And Bahrain.  And Qatar.  And some other places not terribly far away.

22 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yer right it wasn't silly it was fucking stupid, If anything Trump is not a fan of war, it's bad for his business.

Global pandemics are also bad for business.  Trade wars are also bad for business.  The concern with Trump wasn't that he wants to start a prolonged widespread war, it's that he is just so fucking stupid and devoid of any moral compass that he might. He's that idiot at a bar who thinks we should have nuked Mecca in response to 911.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Global pandemics are also bad for business.  Trade wars are also bad for business.  The concern with Trump wasn't that he wants to start a prolonged widespread war, it's that he is just so fucking stupid and devoid of any moral compass that he might. He's that idiot at a bar who thinks we should have nuked Mecca in response to 911.  

Ahh OK let's change the topics now... nice move brah... you've got your 4d chess down to a scientology skill set.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Ahh OK let's change the topics now... nice move brah... you've got your 4d chess down to a scientology skill set.

He wasn’t changing the topic. He was making a point, but you’re not interested in trying to refute it because you’re a slorch-level thinker.

• Hook 'Em 6

On 11/9/2020 at 2:08 PM, Monster said:

Assuming we don't flip flop presidents until everyone riots, and Biden gets the office, how long do you think it'll be before we go to war with Iran?

The loathing of Trump is well documented on this website, and not without reason, but his refusal to start an all-out war in Iran, (despite numerous false flags marketed by the MSM) was one of the highlights of the last four years.    

So I ask you, if Biden is elected, and Israel-SA want the US to invade and destabalize Iran, for whatever reason is conjured by our MSM, will liberals support another war in the middle-east?  

I'm old enough to remember when liberals were anti-war. (Back when I was one.)   I was surprised by this thread last year, when I learned that many modern libs are pro-war/pro-invading other countries...

fucking LULZ

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2020-11-16/trump-asked-for-options-for-attacking-iran-last-week-but-held-off-source

Its clear Biden is the one we need to watch out for.

Edited by Blotto

On 11/16/2020 at 8:00 AM, Tuco said:

Abject fucking stupidity is bad for business.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 11/16/2020 at 6:00 AM, Tuco said:

Wait, a trade war with whom? Wait, China who is undermining this country. I also love that a GLOBAL pandemic is all on Trump. You must think he's a god, which is fucking funny. Also @Onboard 2.0 is right, great pivot.

25 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I also love that a GLOBAL pandemic is all on Trump.

Utterly and completely failing to manage it, shit, failing to even have a goddamned MEETING on the subject for give months.....that shit is goddamned well on Trump.  In terms of deaths, public health, and economic impact, COVID is the greatest crisis the country has faced since WWII (and guess what, that was a WORLD war -- other countries had to face it too, just like this crisis).  And the admin has chosen to abdicate any fucking leadership and responsibility, for months.  Fuck, the only time they even speak up, it's to UNDERMINE any measures to try to address it.

So yes, it's fucking on him.  What you do after a Pearl Harbor event, regardless of whose fault it was, fucking matters.  It's pretty much his entire goddamned job.  And he has just decided not to do it.  He's the single worst executive, of anything (and I've worked with both public and private entities for 25 years), I've ever seen.  And I can't even come up with a close second -- and that includes enterprises that went bankrupt.

And, yes, when it comes to the ability to deploy an arsenal capable of exterminating functionally all human life, he IS a god.  That's the goddamned point.  The office has the most incredible power the world has ever seen.  He has the ability to launch nuclear weapons.  Giving a fucking psychopath that power was a really bad choice.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Utterly and completely failing to manage it, shit, failing to even have a goddamned MEETING on the subject for give months.....that shit is goddamned well on Trump.  In terms of deaths, public health, and economic impact, COVID is the greatest crisis the country has faced since WWII (and guess what, that was a WORLD war -- other countries had to face it too, just like this crisis).  And the admin has chosen to abdicate any fucking leadership and responsibility, for months.  Fuck, the only time they even speak up, it's to UNDERMINE any measures to try to address it.

So yes, it's fucking on him.  What you do after a Pearl Harbor event, regardless of whose fault it was, fucking matters.  It's pretty much his entire goddamned job.  And he has just decided not to do it.  He's the single worst executive, of anything (and I've worked with both public and private entities for 25 years), I've ever seen.  And I can't even come up with a close second -- and that includes enterprises that went bankrupt.

And, yes, when it comes to the ability to deploy an arsenal capable of exterminating functionally all human life, he IS a god.  That's the goddamned point.  The office has the most incredible power the world has ever seen.  He has the ability to launch nuclear weapons.  Giving a fucking psychopath that power was a really bad choice.

Wait, you mean he did nothing for months, till it hit our border! Guess we should blame Pearl Harbor on that man who was a jerk to the Japanese and stopped selling oil to them when they were commiting atrocities. I also like that he didn't do enough, but started the task force, gave everyone that needed ventilators what they wanted. Now we have two vaccines out under his watch with help under Operation Warp speed. Our economy has been basically back to pre Covid, Hell, I'm not saying he didn't deal with it perfectly, but got damn. 

• Fuck You 12

2 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Wait, you mean he did nothing for months, till it hit our border! Guess we should blame Pearl Harbor on that man who was a jerk to the Japanese and stopped selling oil to them when they were commiting atrocities. I also like that he didn't do enough, but started the task force, gave everyone that needed ventilators what they wanted. Now we have two vaccines out under his watch with help under Operation Warp speed. Our economy has been basically back to pre Covid, Hell, I'm not saying he didn't deal with it perfectly, but got damn. 

For fuck's sake, man.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/trump-hasnt-met-with-covid-19-task-force-in-months-sources-say-meetings-lacks-substance/

Mitigation measures before vaccines hit?  Not only is there no leadership on them, THEY FUCKING OPPOSE THEM.  Governors try to take temporary measures as the virus spreads like wildfire? The admin calls for the people to "RISE UP" to fight them.  Jesus monkeyfuck, stop being fucking stupid and just see the reality of what has actually happened.  

Oh, and again....read the actual source material - Pfizer's vaccine has nothing to do with "operation Warp Speed."  They opted out of it.  Read the actual first-person source material on this shit, not what your chosen media source is feeding you.  The bullshit is killing you.

And no, our economy is NOT back to pre Covid.  Again, stop fucking listening to absolute bullshit.  The labor force participation rate is still depressed, and it is MOST depressed among the most vulnerable (those with minimal education).  As just one fucking example.  Godfuckingdammit, man.  Enough with the alternate reality bullshit.

It's that kind of thinking that leads to the conclusion of "hey, let's bail on a treaty with Iran, ramp up bellicose rhetoric, and call that a great plan for peace!"

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

This is so far fucking beyond stupid that we don’t have a word for it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

parler is not where you should be sourcing your news and op-eds from my dude.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Just stop it and admit that you’re just a fanboy of a political party that doesn’t really know anything useful. Do you really think this ghastly circus act is fooling anyone worth a shit? 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

Yes. Got damn are you stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, hpslugga said:

Just stop it and admit that you’re just a fanboy of a political party that doesn’t really know anything useful. Do you really think this ghastly circus act is fooling anyone worth a shit? 

i was just about to reply to that post from him/her and ask if the virus managed to pass GO and collect $200 in the months it took to make it to our borders

i just can't. @workswithseed if you are not trolling here then please go out and talk to some non-internet people a bit. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, workswithseed said:

This is so astonishingly stupid that I thought I was reading Texags or the Daily Texan COVID thread.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Dude he normalized and encouraged mask-denialism that has killed hundreds of thousands of people. You get some unfair shit on here at times but you are being dumb as fuck. Every "positive" that Trump has re:Covid is table stakes that any president not in a coma would have done. He literally is encouraging people to engage in behavior that will get people killed. 

If you're going to say stupid things at least get the talking points right. Your crew's stance is that killing some extra people is worth it to save the economy. HTH.

Which doesn't work when 45% of the population refuses to participate until everyone wear masks properly and the transmission rate drops to a much lower level.  

7 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Legit LOL at vaccines coming out under his watch.

Your boy helped a quarter of a million Americans die, you patriot.

There was a study that directly linked just his super spreader rallies to 700 deaths. That’s a lot of lives directly sacrificed to honor an orange god.
Where were most of his rallies? COVID positive test rates as of today. No idea why Wyoming is no data today when their positive rate was over 40% yesterday.

Rate.png?MOD=AJPERES

1 hour ago, Mole said:

There was a study that directly linked just his super spreader rallies to 700 deaths. That’s a lot of lives directly sacrificed to honor an orange god.

I'm no fan of the Orange God, but the statement you just made is one of the stupidest most trumpiest things I've read today. Anybody anywhere can pretty much come up with a study that "directly" links anything to anything. Hey, I farted and ten cats died! Everybody praise me because my farts are helping to eliminate invasive predators of neo migratory songbirds!

10 hours ago, workswithseed said:

You're out of your depth and are too fucking stupid to discuss politics with people who are educated. Do all of us and yourself a favor and stop posting here. 

Edited by Continental Op

6 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

I'm no fan of the Orange God, but the statement you just made is one of the stupidest most trumpiest things I've read today. Anybody anywhere can pretty much come up with a study that "directly" links anything to anything. Hey, I farted and ten cats died! Everybody praise me because my farts are helping to eliminate invasive predators of neo migratory songbirds!

Depending on how your interpret it, “directly” might be too strong of a word, but his rallies were a clear source of death and suffering for communities — even for those who didn’t attend. They found a notable increase in cases in locations that held rallies vs similar locations that didn’t. Applying county specific death rates to the increase gives the ~700 number.

It aligns with every other observation that large, unmasked gatherings lead to increased spread, so it seems reasonable to me, unlike your deadly fart scenario.

Here’s the study: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3722299

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Fair enough. It just bugs me when people interpret a study that says something is possible or even likely to mean that it is a definite. We don't know for sure that his events were the source of those outbreaks, but it is the strongest possible correlation that has been identified so far.

🤣

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/27/middleeast/iran-top-nuclear-scientist-killed-intl/index.html

Iran's top nuclear scientist was reportedly killed Friday in an apparent assassination that the country's foreign minister linked to Israel.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office has not responded to CNN's request for comment.

Mohsen Fakhrizadeh was head of the research center of new technology in the elite Revolutionary Guards. He was considered one of the masterminds of Iran's controversial nuclear program.