Time to Oust Cornyn

pyrohornIII

53 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Good on Biden.

Damn. "Saying the quiet part out loud" gets overused a bit here, but damn. Legitimately saying the quiet part out loud, that Cornyn and his base see treating people humanely as a negative. Of course anyone paying attention already knows that. But to see the cards on the table on social media that brazenly is stunning.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 1

it was obvious that Trump wanted as many deterrents in place as possible to make crossing the border as traumatic and painful as possible.  From separating families to if you believe the inside sources who recounted the bizarre stuff like shooting migrants in the legs, electrifying the fence, even a moat with gators and snakes (https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/01/us/politics/trump-border-wars.html_)

- look, if you are a brutal dictator who wants to close off your border, breaking hearts and minds of those trying with this stuff probably seems like a good plan.

So now that we don't have a brutal dictator in place, the surge of people trying to get in is expected.  How to manage this is the billion $ question.

1 hour ago, gyroprotagonist said:

it was obvious that Trump wanted as many deterrents in place as possible to make crossing the border as traumatic and painful as possible.  From separating families to if you believe the inside sources who recounted the bizarre stuff like shooting migrants in the legs, electrifying the fence, even a moat with gators and snakes (https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/01/us/politics/trump-border-wars.html_)

- look, if you are a brutal dictator who wants to close off your border, breaking hearts and minds of those trying with this stuff probably seems like a good plan.

So now that we don't have a brutal dictator in place, the surge of people trying to get in is expected.  How to manage this is the billion $ question.

We could start with an old Dennis Miller joke about dropping the torch from Lady Liberty and having her give the middle finger to the rest of the world.  

17 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yep, Cornyn is publicly mocking a political opponent for doing what Jesus would do. 

if Jesus descended from the heavens with a Muary Povich certifed DNA test showing Mary and God as the parents and ran on a platform espoused by the New Testament...he would lose by 50 points in a republican primary.  by only 40 points if he could convince people he was white with a really killer tan.  Probably lose by 30 points in the dem primary.   

The tweet is awful.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yep, Cornyn is publicly mocking a political opponent for doing what Jesus would do. 

I took his tweet to the most cynical degree. To the reader who wishes that America punishes those 'out' groups (whom the law binds) then this tweet will fit that worldview--that any humane treatment is wrong, no matter the age. To the reader who wishes that any asylum seeker be treated humanely and according to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights as proclaimed by members of the United Nations, then this tweet will be seen as a proper response to asylum seekers.

And that is why it is viewed with a cynical eye. Mockery has no place sharing the stage with the dignity of humans and their right to seek freedom and justice.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Good on Biden.

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Further proof that the cruelty was part of the punishment for illegally crossing, and meant as a deterrent to others.  Highly unconstitutional from the partly full of constitutional scholars. 

At least he's on brand.

Why can't we just have a little more inhumanity? 

He cares more about a stray dog than thousands of fellow humans taking great risks to arrive at our borders with nothing. 

I've said for years that I don't know the answer to the immigration questions, but vilifying someone who crosses a desert to take a low paying job (or two), live cheap, and send their money home to their family is just plain wickedness.

I'm sure he cares more about that dog than he does about Texans freezing to death. He cares more about Trumpists than he does his own soul, integrity, and name.  I don't like despising so much about my state.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

At least he's on brand.

He cares more about a stray dog than thousands of fellow humans taking great risks to arrive at our borders with nothing. 

I've said for years that I don't know the answer to the immigration questions, but vilifying someone who crosses a desert to take a low paying job (or two), live cheap, and send their money home to their family is just plain wickedness.

I'm sure he cares more about that dog than he does about Texans freezing to death. He cares more about Trumpists than he does his own soul, integrity, and name.  I don't like despising so much about my state.

He cares more about that bottle of beer with a lime wedge than he does Texans dying from a virus, too. Cheers, Senator Cornyn, may the cat eat you and the devil eat the cat.

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

At least he's on brand.

I care about stray dogs more than most humans too, but your point is taken. 

• Hook 'Em 3

God,
we have the two fucking worst senators.
We’re Texas: a global, diverse, cultural gem, GDP powerhouse; and we’ve got dildo 1 and buttplug 2 trying to out moron Tommy Tubberville. 

We’re not anything of the things you said. Take away the luck of finding oil under our dirt and we’re just Mississippi with Tex mex food, or Alabama with mediocre football.

We have the senators we deserve, they fit exactly who we are.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

38 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We’re not anything of the things you said. Take away the luck of finding oil under our dirt and we’re just Mississippi with Tex mex food, or Alabama with mediocre football.

We have the senators we deserve, they fit exactly who we are.

I don't believe you are a sixth generation Texan. Not at all. You wouldn't be such a sad sack coward if t'were so. 

Have some pride. Show some vigor and can-do attitude. Things are never so bad as we think and they were never so good as we remember.

On 3/22/2021 at 1:16 PM, gyroprotagonist said:

if Jesus descended from the heavens with a Muary Povich certifed DNA test showing Mary and God as the parents and ran on a platform espoused by the New Testament...he would lose by 50 points in a republican primary.  by only 40 points if he could convince people he was white with a really killer tan.  Probably lose by 30 points in the dem primary.   

The tweet is awful.   

Depends, what’s his tax policy? 

Rachel brought big heat tonight and excoriated Cronyn for his role in the fake Tulia drug sting operation and for doing all he can to block Vanita Gupta’s confirmation to the DOJ. Was shocked but not surprised to learn that none of AG Garland’s top assistants have been confirmed. And to think there are still some who think Republicans are not obstructionists.

9 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Rachel brought big heat tonight and excoriated Cronyn for his role in the fake Tulia drug sting operation and for doing all he can to block Vanita Gupta’s confirmation to the DOJ. Was shocked but not surprised to learn that none of AG Garland’s top assistants have been confirmed. And to think there are still some who think Republicans are not obstructionists.

What role did he play in all that Tulia shit? Asking because I hate the man and would like yet another reason to justify my contempt.

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

What role did he play in all that Tulia shit? Asking because I hate the man and would like yet another reason to justify my contempt.

He was AG at the time who uncritically observed the miscarriage of justice in Tulia and then awarded that lying perjurer “Texas Lawman of the Year”. Vanita Gupta was the lead counsel mostly responsible for getting the 800 years in prison sentences reversed.

Cornyn is the one standing in the way of her confirmation which will be voted on tomorrow at 10a. 

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I’m a 4th generation Texan and I’m fucking embarrassed cause of fuckwads like you. You’re not ashamed of our representatives, that whole power thing that made our state uninhabitable, Hot wheels somehow being more evil than Rick Perry? We gave the country W and he was the worst president ever till dotard showed up. We hate federal regulations but yet we need fema all the fucking time. And fucking aggy and tech are in our state. Two shitass “universities” that pump out morons like @slorch and you. I’m damn proud of being a Longhorn, I’m fucking embarrassed being a Texan. Look in the fucking mirror and wonder why this state kind of fucking sucks. Oh wait, that’d require you to think. Never mind 

Fuck you, you guilt ridden fucking pussy.

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

It’s a good thing we don’t have red flag laws in Texas or the feds might be coming for your guns right about now.

If they're worried about me, they're not doing their fucking job... so yeah, you're probably right.

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

Guilt? Hahahah no. Just ashamed I share a state with pieces of stupid fucking shit like you. Fuck you 

then fucking leave.   

Look, this is a 12 page thread in which I had not even posted.  Fuck off.

4 minutes ago, slorch said:

then fucking leave.   

Look, this is a 12 page thread in which I had not even posted.  Fuck off.

Hahahahahahahha typical “just fucking leave!!!!” OR I can do my small part in rebuilding this once great state that fuckwads like you ruined. 

Edited by Fletch
  • Hook 'Em 3

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

WhY IsN’t BiDeN oN TwItTeR?

Maybe because he knows he's met his match when it comes to twittering with the likes of Cornyn and his "brisket" and "Covid Corona in a shot glass" Clayton Williamnesque tweets.   ORRRR  maybe he's actually running the country instead of going for the low hanging fruit of the day.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, HenryJames said:

What is Cornyn trying to accomplish here?  He thinks people care about that?  Even people that liked Trump said they wished he would stay off twitter.

Edited by WBT

On 3/22/2021 at 10:08 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

Further proof that the cruelty was part of the punishment for illegally crossing, and meant as a deterrent to others.  Highly unconstitutional from the partly full of constitutional scholars. 

I suppose that I am ok with some sort of deterrence plan, but criminal prosecution of first-time crossers and general inhumanity sure aint it.

Fuck get the psyops people to drop leaflets in Spanish all over Central America explaining how to immigrate legally and that you aren't going to be able to just sneak in anymore.  If you have to be cruel, put death's heads or Mr. Yuck on the leaflets, but don't be cruel to actual people and children.

Edited by TwiceHorn

11 minutes ago, WBT said:

What is Cornyn trying to accomplish here?  He thinks people care about that?  Even people that liked Trump said they wished he would stay off twitter.

A full-on endorsement of politics by entertainment and aggravation.

3714896326_510ff40e22.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WBT said:

The craziest thing is that Cornyn is our state's "best" senator.

Fuck Me Reaction GIF

• Rage+1 2

Why isn't the President spending more time watching and appearing on cable news?  

Really, John?  That's your concern?  

FoxNews' heyday, in terms of ratings, was the second Bush Administration.  Right before smartphone news, social media sites, niche online political forums, etc. really take hold.  And President Bush didn't go except for a handful of times.  Do you know why, Cornyn?  Because he had shit to do.  Same with Obama, who came along at the really blurry time for media.  I don't fault Trump for trying to wade headfirst into the new media landscape by going on twitter and cable news.  But the problem is that's all he did, and when he did go on twitter and cable news.......he never made any fucking sense.  If he was a media whore that knew how to message effectively, that'd be one thing.  But all he did was just ramble incoherently, spit out a few key words and phrases to trigger people to go commit crimes and be more racist around the office.  

Though it sometimes feels like a lifetime ago, it was less than a year back that Cornyn claimed he didn't really understand or follow twitter, and therefore couldn't comment on what a President may or may not be tweeting at any given time. I wonder what changed in the last three months or so...?

8 hours ago, HenryJames said:

I read Cornyn's tweet and I was like "wait a minute ... didn't I just read that somewhere else?"  Oh yeah ... I did in this Politico article. So Cornyn plagiarized a political article (without attributing it) and claims that Biden's comments are scripted. I mean, what the actual FUCK?

"Three months in, Joe Biden’s White House has settled on a firm press strategy: First, do no self-harm.

The president is not doing cable news interviews. Tweets from his account are limited and, when they come, unimaginably conventional. The public comments are largely scripted. Biden has opted for fewer sit down interviews with mainstream outlets and reporters. He’s had just one major press conference — though another is coming — and prefers remarks straight to camera for the marquee moments. The White House is leaning more heavily on Cabinet officials to reach the audiences that didn’t tune into his latest Rose Garden event."

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/12/biden-white-house-press-strategy-480930

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ultimaton said:

Though it sometimes feels like a lifetime ago, it was less than a year back that Cornyn claimed he didn't really understand or follow twitter, and therefore couldn't comment on what a President may or may not be tweeting at any given time. I wonder what changed in the last three months or so...?

I mean, he frequently just tweets lines from news articles that he thinks make his rival look bad, but really makes his rival look good. So yeah, he doesn’t understand how the Twitter machine works.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WBT said:

He is popping off at the mouth lately to see what people will latch onto.  Nothing more than that.    My guess is there are other GQP members doing the same and they will compare notes to see what their next message will be.

• Like 1