Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

A colleague of mine lives in Guadalajara. He and his wife are flying to Canada this week to get the vaccination. He said if they waited for it in Mexico they may not get it until 2022. That’s pretty messed up that it could take that long. I don’t see how that is possible if the US has enough for everyone her by the end of April. It also makes me wonder if BP facilities have some vaccines. It would make sense for them to have some to give to people crossing the borders. Of course, that may also cause an even bigger issue.

8 minutes ago, Hate said:

A colleague of mine lives in Guadalajara. He and his wife are flying to Canada this week to get the vaccination. He said if they waited for it in Mexico they may not get it until 2022. That’s pretty messed up that it could take that long. I don’t see how that is possible if the US has enough for everyone her by the end of April. It also makes me wonder if BP facilities have some vaccines. It would make sense for them to have some to give to people crossing the borders. Of course, that may also cause an even bigger issue.

Safe to presume he’s canadian but living in Mexico?  

19 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Do you think HEB will let someone schedule their 2nd shot a week later than the date they are supposed to get it?  I have a friend who is getting their first dose of pfizer this week.  He has to back to a rig in 2 weeks and the 2nd dose will end up being when he is working.  If they let him push it a week, there won't be any problems with him getting it because he'll be off again.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that the second dose schedule begins after 3 weeks but there's a good month or so window after that where it shouldn't be a problem.

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Nope, I don't.  When I signed up with Harris County a month ago, they had a general "Education" on the drop down menu for where you are employed.  I put that down, and a friend believes that's the reason I got the call.  I definitely don't work in K-12 though. 

Nope, I don't.  When I signed up with Harris County a month ago, they had a general "Education" on the drop down menu for where you are employed.  I put that down, and a friend believes that's the reason I got the call.  I definitely don't work in K-12 though. 

i put “Education” on my form, too... i spent the better part of a decade educating the ladies on the enormity of my cack, so...

2 hours ago, Catpfish said:

For those who got their second shot from HEB, what paperwork, if any, was required?  I can't find the email for my schedule but I know that it's Friday morning at the same place I got the first one.  I have the vaccine card that shows the date.  

My second isn't until 3/29 but they told me just show up at the same time as the 1st and bring the card. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Catpfish said:

For those who got their second shot from HEB, what paperwork, if any, was required?  I can't find the email for my schedule but I know that it's Friday morning at the same place I got the first one.  I have the vaccine card that shows the date.  

Completed consent form, CDC Vaccination Record card, and ID.

Edited by SizzleChest
  • Like 1

Well, mild symptoms so far. Felt mostly good today. Took some Advil this afternoon for the sore shoulder. Even got in the regular evening 2+ mile walk with the wife around 6. Faded off for a short period early in the Stars game on the couch. Woke up and made it through dinner and a little more TV with the wife. About the time to get up and take a shower, I felt slightly achy and minor chills. I roasted myself in the shower for 30 mins or so, which seemed to help (with COVID and shot #1).

I'll be honest, I don't feel great as I get ready to go to bed. If this is anything like the last one, I'll be up before the sun with bad body aches and chills. Still holding out hope it's not. I think it's quite clear COVID-19 and my body do not play nice.

Got one does J&J shot yesterday morning.  Arm was a little sore, but did fine throughout the day.  Had a bit of a rough night sleeping.  Felt fevery and achy, but also forgot to turn the AC on overnight, so might have just been hot.  Feeling pretty good this morning.  Glad I don't need a 2nd shot.

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

where did you get the j&j ??  trying to help someone that wants only j&j

does anyone know which cvs locations are doing the J&J?

i've only seen 1 report of it being given in tyler.

Drove to Navasota where my FIL is a doc, so he got me in.  I believe both them and Brenham have it.  Brenham has a big drive thru operation set up on Blue Bell Road at the county events center.  No idea what the requirements are.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

where did you get the j&j ??  trying to help someone that wants only j&j

does anyone know which cvs locations are doing the J&J?

i've only seen 1 report of it being given in tyler.

Call around some of the primary care practices in Austin. Co-worker got it last week from her primary care Dr. Said she just happened to be in for a physical and they asked her if she wanted it. 

Just got an e-mail from UTMB (Galveston County) asking me to schedule.  Getting first dose tomorrow at 2:25 in Clear Lake.  Not 1A, 1B, 1C or teacher.  Leftovers I guess?

Edit: I signed my wife and I up for Harris, Galveston, Brazoria, and Memorial Hermann wait lists starting a month ago or so.

Edited by pearlandhorn

Initially, I heard J&J was only shipping to a few of the large distribution centers (Jerry World in Arlington and NRG Stadium in Houston maybe). Sounds like they've added spots.

Man, I had a rough night. Didn't sleep well. Aches, chills, etc. Finally felt decent enough to pull myself out of bed at 10:30 and that initial feeling of being OK quickly subsided. They better not add a third shot to this shit -- or make it an annual thing -- because I'm not sure I can take anymore. At a minimum, I'm not taking it on a Tuesday again because it just wrecks the work week.

13 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Initially, I heard J&J was only shipping to a few of the large distribution centers (Jerry World in Arlington and NRG Stadium in Houston maybe). Sounds like they've added spots.

Man, I had a rough night. Didn't sleep well. Aches, chills, etc. Finally felt decent enough to pull myself out of bed at 10:30 and that initial feeling of being OK quickly subsided. They better not add a third shot to this shit -- or make it an annual thing -- because I'm not sure I can take anymore. At a minimum, I'm not taking it on a Tuesday again because it just wrecks the work week.

you are an outlier given your body has already experienced the rona.  you should insure you report your experience to your pcp to make sure it gets in to the cdc database.

• Hook 'Em 1

Hill County had a ton of openings yesterday so I got one for today and they're doing their best to just shots in arms at this point no questions asked outside of some paperwork.
This is the way. Shots in arms is the SOP going forward, apparently. I got mine yesterday afternoon, fully disclosing that I don't meet any of the criteria. They scheduled me so fast my head spun. I think some facilities are tired of seeing unused vials dumped into trash cans every day.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just got an e-mail from UTMB (Galveston County) asking me to schedule.  Getting first dose tomorrow at 2:25 in Clear Lake.  Not 1A, 1B, 1C or teacher.  Leftovers I guess?

Edit: I signed my wife and I up for Harris, Galveston, Brazoria, and Memorial Hermann wait lists starting a month ago or so.

I got a similar call from them last week, same boat as you. Several smaller counties are taking appointments for anyone and even the big ones are doing stuff like this now and then. I imagine eligibility requirements will be gone by the Monday following Easter.

39 minutes ago, immamac said:

I am not feeling good. Achy and a little dizzy/feverish

He heard that you were feeling ill.  Headache, fever, and a chill.  He came to help restore your pluck, 'cause he's the nurse that likes to..."

/rexkramer

Just got Round 1 of Pfizer.  Don't know the current guidelines in Texas and elsewhere but here in MN I was eligible by virtue of being 45 and "Obese".   I'm not- by any metric other than the BMI- even in the general vicinity of obese, but this is the 1st time in pretty much my entire adult life that the use of that standard hasn't fucked with me, so I'm going to roll with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TexasHooch said:

Just got Round 1 of Pfizer.  Don't know the current guidelines in Texas and elsewhere but here in MN I was eligible by virtue of being 45 and "Obese".   I'm not- by any metric other than the BMI- even in the general vicinity of obese, but this is the 1st time in pretty much my entire adult life that the use of that standard hasn't fucked with me, so I'm going to roll with it.

I got my first one this morning, Pfizer. Walked into a Walmart asked to be placed on a waiting list told them I was essential employee they didn’t ask for anything took down my information called me 20 min later saying someone canceled so I can come in. Went in got the shot around 11 am haven’t felt anything. 

Well crap. Friends who got their first Pfizer shot two weeks ago got the follow up email today to schedule their second shot. Earliest appointment? April 12th. That’s five and a half weeks after the first shot.

Which is frustrating because the same site has loads of appointments available next week for first shots.

(Georgia, btw)

2 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Well crap. Friends who got their first Pfizer shot two weeks ago got the follow up email today to schedule their second shot. Earliest appointment? April 12th. That’s five and a half weeks after the first shot.

Which is frustrating because the same site has loads of appointments available next week for first shots.

(Georgia, btw)

9 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

(Georgia, btw)

Weird.  My 2nd was scheduled at the time of my 1st.  They wouldn't even stick you unless you could commit to coming back on the exact day.

Edited by TexasHooch

Pfizer first today at 12:45 in San Antonio. I'm from Austin, but parlayed the trip  into a free breakfast and visit with my mom and brother.

2nd shot scheduled for Apr 8 in SA. I might try to get #2 in Austin.

Took 35 on the way back and As I drove through San Marcos, I had the strangest desire to see if Microsoft had an outlet store.

No symptoms, yet.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Pfizer first today at 12:45 in San Antonio. I'm from Austin, but parlayed the trip  into a free breakfast and visit with my mom and brother.

Took 35 on the way back and As I drove through San Marcos, I had the strangest desire to see if Microsoft had an outlet store.

No symptoms, yet.

Congrats, I’m getting my first Pfizer dose tomorrow afternoon at Round Rock HEB.  

(Georgia, btw)
Shouldn't be a huge deal. Pfizer and Moderna have 80+% efficacy after one shot.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

No symptoms, yet.

Check CVS website for Pfizer 2 scheduling. It seems a lot easier to schedule dose 2 than 1 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

(Georgia, btw)

Should be okay. CDC guidance allows for six weeks. Three weeks was a date used in trials to allow them to finish quickly. Other vaccines have performed better with longer intervals barren doses - don’t know how that carries over to the mRNA shots, but we do know that the difference been three and six weeks isn’t a big deal beyond being that boost from 75-80 percent efficacy to 95.

On 3/16/2021 at 10:10 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

How can he fly into Canada for the shot?  Can anyone?

Not sure how that is possible.

I had an urgent customer issue and had to fly to Vancouver yesterday. Online it was hard to tell which COVID test they accept. Got 15 minute antigen.

Fly DFW to Sea. SEA gate agents say test is no bueno. Won’t mention airline that could have checked that in DFW. ( thanks Alaska air)

Get test at airport and they say this is 1 that is good for CA. Spend the night near SEA.
I have letter from customer saying I am essential. 

Get on flight and in YVR I fill out all pre-arrival forms. Go to customs and show docs. All seems good except they can’t determine if test is PCR. I say it isn’t but testing place said it is good. She says well Public health officials you go to next will determine that. 

Next place looks at docs (public health official) and asks if it is PCR? Huh? No. I was told it was good. 
I explained I am essential worker. Oh, your good then.

Get tools and leave customs. Walk into area with at least manned 10 stations and it all says COVID tests. I am confused and show guy my docs. He ask, (what did they tell you). I said I am essential so I can leave. He says ok. 

Talked to a Canadian guy before boarding flight and he said getting in was a bitch. He was still talking to customs as I was leaving.