For those attending the game, what number is this for you?

hpslugga

11 for me.

Last one I went to was 2008 and seared in my memory still is the feeling and the noise and being able to actually see a collective psyche and emotion manifest into a physical state as Jordan Shipley crossed the 50 yard line on that kick-off, crescendoing until he crossed the goal line.

It's one of the memories we all have that are permanently tattooed; the synapsis cemented and not to be replaced or eroded. 

Excuse me while I go watch the youtube video and reminisce some more...

Not going but you will glad I am not.

My record, a salty 1-7.  

W: 1999

L: 1985, 1986,1987, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003.

2003 broke my spirit and I started selling my tickets and going to the coast on that weekend for mental health reasons.

Good luck to those in attendance and for what it is worth, back in 2003 the cheapest wax cup domestic swill could be found in the food court, vendor bar closest to the stadium, second tap from the western most end.  Great location as there is plenty of time for 5-6 during halftime.  Ask for Jimmy (only guy with all of his teeth or dentures).  Back then the password was "surge".

Hook Them!!!!

I think I’ve been to 15. I went to 12 straight, from 1998-2009. Then I went in 2015 when Charlie won. I think I went in 2017, but I’m not positive. I went in 2019, too, but I won’t make it this year. OU definitely sucks ass, though, and Lincoln is a bitch. Hook’em, and bless those of you going to the game. Give’em hell. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Not going but you will glad I am not.

My record, a salty 1-7.  

W: 1999

L: 1985, 1986,1987, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003.

2003 broke my spirit and I started selling my tickets and going to the coast on that weekend for mental health reasons.

Good luck to those in attendance and for what it is worth, back in 2003 the cheapest wax cup domestic swill could be found in the food court, vendor bar closest to the stadium, second tap from the western most end.  Great location as there is plenty of time for 5-6 during halftime.  Ask for Jimmy (only guy with all of his teeth or dentures).  Back then the password was "surge".

Hook Them!!!!

Stop going bro 

3 hours ago, hpslugga said:

SIAP as a topic, but just wanted to get a gauge at your histories of in person attendance.

For me, tomorrow will be 30 in a row (and I do not count the 2018 Big 12 CCG, I’m only talking about the Cotton Bowl during the State Fair).

Not going this year, but I'll be back next year. Since the first time I went, during my freshman year in 1983, there have been 38 Texas - ou games. I've been to 33 of them iirc.

20 something. Missed 1996 due to wedding. Never again. It was at that time I made a declaration. Football season is for football and not weddings. Luckily missed one of the Mack blowouts. Missed 48-45 for a kid event. Missed one other time since the mid 90s.

If they had a Make-A-Wish Foundation for old, fat and not worth much, my wish would be to suit up and come charging out that tunnel in the Cotton Bowl.

If you’re a sports fan, this is a top 10 bucket list event. I didn’t think that thru but am sticking with it. If you’re a football fan, this is for damn sure a bucket lister.

First one at 14 years old, this one will be #11 in person...but I was at the fair during the game at least once when I was younger. I remember getting stuck at the very top of the Texas Giant looking down into the stadium..literally like 10 minutes. We booed when it finally started going again.

I should have said this is 34 in a row. My 14 year old son will be making his first tomorrow (his twin sister is destined to be aggy or sand aggy…animals and shit). His older sister is a freshman at Texas and this will be her 4th (first not with me/mom)

Told my son if it stays close this will be most intense sporting event he’s been to in his short life.

19 hours ago, WBT said:

22, every one since 99 except last year

Brother? 
same start for me except I got last year so today will be #23 for me 

and #1 for my 7 year old. I told him it’s pretty awesome he’ll be attending his 80th game in 2100

Edited by UTexasFight