Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

11 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

100% I stopped reading that lady's post after I saw she said that and responded in a "Yes, thank You!" appreciative type response. It was not in response to anything she was going on and on about, or anything about AoC or anything she might have been responding to.

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

"That lady" has a user name. It is @Bama Chick.

Edited by 89Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I know we’re off on a “VotEr fRaUD” tangent but to bring it back to AOC and Tlaib and other members of “The Squad”....

I have have a real fucking problem with all these Republican men trying to belittle and mansplain about trauma without acknowledging how female trauma is fundamentally different than male trauma.

Until you spend your entire existence knowing 50% of the population is physically stronger and bigger than you. And live with the fear that the same 50% has a element of sexual violence that often accompanies physical violence that isn’t usually a threat to men.

And being told your whole life that it’s your responsibility to “act right” (don’t go anywhere alone at night, don’t dress a “certain way”, be “polite” to vulgar predators to placate them instead of pushing back, to take the responsibility to avoid “problems” instead of forcing the predators to “act right”, to just grin and bear and it.

Women live with a entirely unfair and unjust system that requires them to modify their existence in order to “be safe”.

All that conditioning from the time we’re faced with the fact that hatred from men includes an acknowledgment that any threat to use includes a calculation most men never have to even think about in passing.

Men may have to worry about getting beat up - women have to worry about sexual violence on top of physical violence.

Do we think Adam Schiff or Bernie Sanders or Ted Lieu get very detailed rape threats? No, of course not.

That element of threat to women adds an entire extra level of fear.

That manifests itself in more severe fear and anxiety and a trauma.

So for men to brush off that very significant element of the difference between how men and women deal with threats and the resulting lasting trauma.

So, in conclusion, until I hear these men acknowledge that there is an extra level of threat when it comes to women vs. men I invite them to shut the fuck up.

So how do we go about getting you to a state where you can get elected to Congress?

So how do we go about getting you to a state where you can get elected to Congress?

lol - I don’t think that’s in the cards for me.

I don’t have the ability to not cuss people out and call the “deplorables” a much more accurate insult.

I’d have to move to Berkeley or Williamsburg or something.

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I've just caught up on this. I think it's a poor habit to dismiss amateur operatives or those dabbling in amateur operations for the right as stupid. Not merely because it's rude, but because it leads to underestimating how effective their tactics can be.

Google AOC Meme. Two rows of right-generated memes claiming she's an idiot. Ironically, most of the memes are idiotic retreads of past pollack jokes. 

A person coming here seeming to see both sides but then dropping some bombs comparing Ocasio-Cortez to Smollett then making a false claim about the left being unyielding defenders of Smollett (suggesting that one day they will realize AOC is just as bad?), and then back-peddling in hopes of seeming reasonable is not being stupid. That process is a strategy.

It's the same old strategy of the hate engine. I remember listening to Limbaugh when all I got was AM radio in my old truck. He created a nexus from eco-terrorists putting spikes in trees hoping to harm lumberjacks to environmental wackos to the "Democrat" party. Dems and libs are terrorists by association.

Ocasio-Cortez plays us as dupes just as Smollett did.

That's not being stupid. That's willingness to embrace being disingenuous so you can get into the game to help your team.

What I see is the GOPs going to the old playbook. "Let's argue about how much of an enemy of the state that brown chick from NY is." 

It's the premise that kills. It did so literally on January 6, 2021.

Don't dismiss it as stupid. That's like trying to deal with an infection by yelling at it.

good stuff. definitely agree on not yelling "stupid" here and there.

i however vote for Just Don't Look. At some point you can't entertain the irrational logic from children. 

also this board is not far left (at @DonkeyCigars). its an echo chamber against trump. not really the same thing, but certainly some overlap. point is you are pissing up the wrong tree in the first place with some of your comments

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, staboner said:

also this board is not far left (at @DonkeyCigars). its an echo chamber against trump. not really the same thing, but certainly some overlap. point is you are pissing up the wrong tree in the first place with some of your comments

Need to be nice to this guy and keep him here, because he's really lowering standards on the Movies & TV board. 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Captainant said:

Bitch what the fuck are you talking about, he was not some lionized martyr like y'all treat rittenhouse and MTG. Lurk more. 

Normally I'm mildly irritated when someone quotes a poster that I have on ignore. But this time your quote allowed to me take that one post off ignore so I could give it the finger.

• Haha 2

Well, my friends, let me come back and say I took the last 8 hours to take a break and really listen. Getting excited and shooting off the hip without having seen the meme or really caring too much about the broader conversation I now realize is unacceptable. I promise to continue to listen and learn and do better. Being vulnerable and pushing ourselves to learn and grow is what we've built our community on, and I hope to get back to the supportive and kind environment we’ve built together.

And to Tantric; I’ll never, ever understand how someone can appreciate and like Pan’s Labyrinth. I don’t want to live in a world where that movie is tolerated, much less celebrated. 

But I respect and defend your right to say it. Amen brother.

^^ I’ll edit to add because I can imagine a lot of people not getting the joke and a copy and paste of Hilaria Baldwins insta apology.. joking aside I am sorry for rankling folks feathers. It’s not a hill I want to die on and I guess I didn’t really truly understand how much everyone thought Juicy was a joke, on all sides. I really am sorry for interjecting that sentence and should have just let sleeping dogs lie and Chapelle’s mic drop have been then end.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

Seriously - NO ONE IS BUYING YOUR GOOD FAITH SAD SACK PLAY ACTING.

Sell your mealy mouthed horseshit where there aren’t a board full of people with above room temperature IQ.

You’d get more respect for owning your shitty opinions then whatever it is your trying to do here.

Shove your cigar up your donkey ass, Chrispy.

Vicious. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Seriously - NO ONE IS BUYING YOUR GOOD FAITH SAD SACK PLAY ACTING.

Sell your mealy mouthed horseshit where there aren’t a board full of people with above room temperature IQ.

You’d get more respect for owning your shitty opinions then whatever it is your trying to do here.

Shove your cigar up your donkey ass, Chrispy.

*than

• Haha 2

Just now, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:
No. Penelope is cool as fuck and not a gump. 

There is Penelope the bar owner and PenelopeWitherspoon (NYC maven with two dogs and expensive tastes) who takes absolute delight in being savage to domestic terrorists. You might be getting us confused.

No. I meant you. The one with the high dollar dog walking up in NYC, who likes to crush the souls of dipshit Jennas. 

• Like 1

In college my friend downloaded Brazil and also Pans Labyrinth at the same time. Somehow the titles got mixed. I never made it past the scene where a lady eating in a restaurant with a shoe as hat with a terrorist attack happening took place due to a mixture of being drunk and the movie sucking third leg. For a solid 5-6 years I thought the movie Brazil was Pans Labyrinth. Every Reddit thread and internet site told me Pans Labyrinth was good and it made me distrust the internet. I have no enthusiasm to try this again, but if I could get a 4-5 sentence rundown of the movie, I’d very much appreciate it.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 2

25 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

In college my friend downloaded Brazil and also Pans Labyrinth at the same time. Somehow the titles got mixed. I never made it past the scene where a lady eating in a restaurant with a shoe as hat with a terrorist attack happening took place due to a mixture of being drunk and the movie sucking third leg. For a solid 5-6 years I thought the movie Brazil was Pans Labyrinth. Every Reddit thread and internet site told me Pans Labyrinth was good and it made me distrust the internet. I have no enthusiasm to try this again, but if I could get a 4-5 sentence rundown of the movie, I’d very much appreciate it.

You and your friend sound smart. 

No. Penelope is cool as fuck and not a gump. 

Ohhhh burn.

Fuck off. You and donkey cigar butt are a wonderfully matched disingenuous pair.

I’m a gump with two degrees from my wonderful university. And damn proud of it.

In closing, fuck off twice.

PS - my football team is better than yours.

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

Fuck you.  You sit on our site and spew vile bullshit at every poster who doesn’t have your world view.  Your university is a fucking embarrassment to higher learning, and your football team is bought and fucking paid for.  Fuck outta here with that bullshit.  

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

The movie Brazil is also awesome. 

• Hook 'Em 1

We can get Benedict Cumberbatch jackets!!

giphy.gif
Here is the Men's version of the coat.

https://www.belstaff.com/en_US/men/outerwear/coats/milford-coat-ink-blue/B000138339.html

And the Women's version.

https://www.belstaff.com/en_US/women/outerwear/coats/officers-coat-black/B000138132.html

I have a wool Belstaff that I have worn all over. They are great coats. I actually prefer the Men's coat here. It's nice that it's 200 cheaper as well.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Ohhhh burn.

Fuck off. You and donkey cigar butt are a wonderfully matched disingenuous pair.

In closing, fuck off twice.

PS - my football team is better than yours.

giphy.gif

To be fair, it is pure Bama to fall back on a football argument. 

You have a decent school there. Don't damage that by bringing sports into the equation. Everyone knows yall cheat at sports. Doesn't affect academics. 

14 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Fuck you.  You sit on our site and spew vile bullshit at every poster who doesn’t have your world view.  Your university is a fucking embarrassment to higher learning, and your football team is bought and fucking paid for.  Fuck outta here with that bullshit.  

May I translate for you?

• Haha 2

Great coat; I'm on board.

Fattieflattie's fragility slip is showing.

If we're walking much, I may spring for some boots.

Back to Rep Ocasio-Cortez:

West Virginia has been doing really well in vaccinating their population, so this would be a good thing as they can receive some relief AND move ahead  to stimulate their economy.

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Fattieflattie's fragility slip is showing.

No fragility slip. I have a whole pile of respect for the way you and @PenelopeWitherspoon conduct yourselves on this board. Almost assuredly a well thought out response on all non-Benedict Cumberbatch subjects.  I’m sure rolltide.com or whatever has a political board and plenty of bandwidth to fill up with shit talk, frustrations, and Beto fantasies.   There’s a reason the CR is treated like like a leper on all other boards and it isn’t because of poster like you and Penelope. 

• Fuck You 1

Our site?

There’s a reason the CR is treated like like a leper on all other boards and it isn’t because of poster like you and Penelope. 

Because when grievance-signalling titty babies come in here with disingenuous bullshit they get run off and go cry about it like the total alphas they are?
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

To be fair, it is pure Bama to fall back on a football argument. 
You have a decent school there. Don't damage that by bringing sports into the equation. Everyone knows yall cheat at sports. Doesn't affect academics. 

I didn’t start it, I just finished it.

FattyFatty is an over sensitive little boy who brings nothing to this board.

I rarely bring up football but if someone is going to insult me and my university, I’m going to fire back.

99% of the posters here have made me feel welcomed here and it’s utter bullshittery to proclaim I’m unwelcome on “our board” because of where I’m from or where I went to school.

He doesn’t spew that shit a slorch, or ChiTown, or the UCLA, Notre Dame, Florida, aggie, Iowa State etc. fans.

He doesn’t have the mental ability to debate me without calling me a “gump” therefore trying to imply I’m some redneck idiot.

Fuck him and all these “Republicans” slithering back to this board now that Trump is gone trying to pretend they weren’t too scared to engage while he was in office.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

FWIW, I think most of our posters that didn't go to UT are some of the better ones on here.  Shit, I only went to UT for 2.5 years and I get some shit for not being a multi-generational Texan/Longhorn, but for the most part it's a non-issue.  I'm used to the "You're not from Texas" crap because it makes people who contribute very little to this state feel better about themselves.  The things people are most proud of in their life (birthplace, family name, religion/faith, family business, height, eye color, etc.) are the things they had zero control over. 

Give me a handful of people who chose, later in life, where to study, where to live, what to work on, and how to live their best faith.  those are the people in the arena, not the "don't you know how many years ago my paw-paw raised cattle at ranch xyz?" crowd. 

Reason I bring it up again is because I see it more and more in politics with Trump being gone now (or hopefully gone).  More and more hardcore GOP'ers I know and work with on political shit are starting to give the ole' Nuremberg treatment.  

-It was just family tradition to go along with the Republican Party (was in my family too IRL...In austin, Chicago, and the Rio Grande Valley where it ain't exactly popular to swing that way). 

-We didn't know how far Trump was gonna take it.  We just wanted some judicial nominations. 

-We were lost in the chaos of the day.  We didn't know where each moment, each turn, each marching order would take us.  

-We were just following orders.  Seemed like Trump knew what he was doing and had a vision and we wanted to keep our country Great!  

-We didn't realize the scope of what he was doing.  How could we know?  

Every defeated group clings to the same excuses.  And then they lay down their arms and their uniforms/flags, they accept their punishment and their conquerors, and they pridefully rebuild themselves later on to become a decent and functioning society again.  Hitler committed suicide, Hirohito surrendered without condition, Mussolini was executed...and all...all of their peoples admitted evil, accepted peace and occupation, and rebuilt honorable societies far greater than their twisted leaders could have ever possibly imagined. 

But what none of their followers ever tried to claim at trial was that the crimes they were accused of...never happened.  And therein Donald Trump and followers sit solely alone in the arena of history.  As they have tried furiously for 5 weeks to content, the insurrectional attack to usurp our Democracy...never happened.  Sure, some people entered the Capitol and vandalized it a bit...but it was never a coup attempt.  Some Trumpers say they were following orders, many will say they didn't realize the scope of the breach, and even more will say they were lost in the fog of the moment.  These are the three standard, historically proven excuses of every insurrectionist, every war criminal, every treasonous operator.  

Our nation is truly lost not when Republican Senators and Trump fans accept those three excuses for they ride with historical precedent for a reason.  The Republic will be on thin ice when the Republican Senators accept the fourth excuse which is beyond the pale, "The Assault on the Capitol never happened.  It was the spontaneous acts of vandalism of a handful of bad actors.  But it wasn't an insurrection caused by anyone, not even ANTIFA.  It was camera angle tricks and media hyperbole that caused the national fervor.  But there was no assault, no breach, not insurrection, no coup attempt.  What you're positing...never happened."  And with that, the story and Democracy........go to sleep.   

17 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I didn’t start it, I just finished it.

FattyFatty is an over sensitive little boy who brings nothing to this board.

I rarely bring up football but if someone is going to insult me and my university, I’m going to fire back.

99% of the posters here have made me feel welcomed here and it’s utter bullshittery to proclaim I’m unwelcome on “our board” because of where I’m from or where I went to school.

He doesn’t spew that shit a slorch, or ChiTown, or the UCLA, Notre Dame, Florida, aggie, Iowa State etc. fans.

He doesn’t have the mental ability to debate me without calling me a “gump” therefore trying to imply I’m some redneck idiot.

Fuck him and all these “Republicans” slithering back to this board now that Trump is gone trying to pretend they weren’t too scared to engage while he was in office.

What did you finish? You are a terrible poster, and the way you treat others you disagree with leads me to believe you are also a terrible person.  Seriously, I’m certain your awesome alma mater has plenty of boards for you to go discuss your politics, but you remain here. Why? Footballfactory.com doesn’t jibe with your politics?   You say people here are warm to you as you talk shit to anyone who doesn’t fall into your line of thinking. 

You ask why I don’t spew that shit to chi and slorch? Because they are good posters. Like most of the people on this board, we came here from the last one, and the one before that.  You are the female Hugo Stiglitz. Surprise, another SEC SEC brethren that can’t tolerate their own schools politics and decided to camp out here.  

I’ll debate you in anything outside of cousin fucking or claiming fake titles, where you will clearly hold the advantage. 

Roll Tide. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 5

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Kvetching?  Suddenly you speak Yiddish?  You won't have time to Kvetch when my Jewish Space Laser takes out your village.  

It’s ok it’s ok! My family belongs to an ethnic group that has been referred to as the Jews of China. So Yiddish totally comes naturally. It’s cool. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, YChang said:

It’s ok it’s ok! My family belongs to an ethnic group that has been referred to as the Jews of China. So Yiddish totally comes naturally. It’s cool. 

If you’re the same YChang from the old 360 board, props for sticking it out this long.  I think I passed a putrid torch to you at some point.  You’ll know. 

• Hook 'Em 2