Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

A18-B47-D2-60-BC-43-DA-B002-ABD2300-FB71

Pos rep for changing your avatar from that disgusting photo of slimy meat under intense lights. The new one isn't beautiful, but it doesn't turn my stomach. 

Perhaps you are inching towards the dark side. The Cabal. The Ebil.

57 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Doesn’t know who MTG is but trips over his own dick to post something “owning” AOC despite the fact that we discussed it days ago.

Totally normal.

I was on vacation this weekend.

It’s not “owning” anybody. It’s a funny headline. That’s self evident. Don’t take everything so seriously. 

• Fuck You 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2021 at 9:07 AM, cactusflinthead said:

Couldn't quite say thanks without a dig, but I'll take it.

On 2/21/2021 at 11:54 AM, Red Five said:

That shit always drives me crazy. "Hey, I think you're a fucking worthless politician and generally a piece of human garbage and I want you gone yesterday, but thank you for saving my entire family from inside that burning building."

On 2/21/2021 at 5:26 PM, RDCanecutter said:

Maybe he was just a little worn out, what with all the thank yous he had to write for politicians he agreed with who were doing so much to help Texas.

On 2/22/2021 at 12:43 PM, TwiceHorn said:

I give the Apley turd credit for at least saying thanks.

He appears to be a Dickinson City Council member who has lived all over the Houston MSA.  He's a Sam graduate, apparently.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrpcuClp6H7_X1TTnf5t4

Texas GOP Official Mocked COVID Five Days Before He Died of Virus

In May, Apley posted an invitation for a “mask burning” being held at a bar in Cincinnati, commenting, “I wish I lived in the area!” A couple of weeks earlier, he posted a news article about giveaways and incentives meant to encourage people to get vaccinated, writing, “Disgusting.” Apley also railed against so-called vaccine passports, which restrict high-risk activities, such as indoor dining, to the fully vaccinated.

Recently, he suggested that mask mandates in Germany were akin to Nazism. And when former Baltimore health commissioner Leana Wen celebrated good news this spring about the Pfizer vaccine’s efficacy, a seemingly outraged Apley called her “an absolute enemy of a free people.”

In one of numerous Facebook posts on the subject, Apley wrote, “Question: If businesses start allowing customers and employees go mask free only with VOLUNTARILY providing their vaccination record (presumably not a HIPPA [sic] violation), wouldn't that basically INVOLUNTARILY identify people who have chosen not to get vaccinated (Which might be indirectly creating a HIPPA [sic] violation)?”

Looks like the GoFundMe is doing well. I think there should be a system where there is something out there called ComeBankruptThem, where if a person's haters can raise more money than the actual GoFundMe, the GoFundMe recipient has to pay everything they got plus the difference to the ComeBankruptThem group. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

It just bugs me that all these assholes that think socialized healthcare is evil have no problem getting on the internet begging strangers for money to pay their medical bills. 

They have zero shame and are full of shit. It’s stunning. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

It just bugs me that all these assholes that think socialized healthcare is evil have no problem getting on the internet begging strangers for money to pay their medical bills. 

This could be fun and raise lots of money -- if the ComeBankruptThem falls short, then the GoFundMe people get that money too. Let's have some action, people. 

5iohr2.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Tom said:

There should be a button on GoFundMe you can push to let them know you've donated thoughts and prayers in lieu of money.  

"Tom has donated 2 virtual bootstraps and 8 thoughts and prayers to H Scott Apley."

Also I'd leave a comment letting them know I'll keep fighting for them by voting for politicians who support expanding socialized healthcare in remembrance of them.  

"I wish I could give some money to help out, but in his heart, that's not what Mr. Apley would have wanted."

We have to make this happen somehow.  DO SOMETHING!

• Haha 1

On 6/5/2021 at 10:25 PM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
On 6/5/2021 at 10:17 PM, tx 3 putt said:
SJL district #'s
Population (2019) 827,015[2]
Median household
income
$48,625[3]
Ethnicity
lossless-page1-1920px-Texas_US_Congressional_District_18_(since_2013).tif.png

she's my rep. zero issues with her, she's a rolling ball of butcher knives when it comes to keeping office. she carried 73% in the last election 

She is a piss poor rep. I was really upset to not be gerrymandered into her district. I'd relish voting against her. She never met a camera she didn't like and treats her staff like shit while talking about how North and South Vietnam are fine or how we landed on Mars.

On 6/6/2021 at 10:16 AM, SydneyCarton said:

She lived 4 blocks from SJL’s district for 5-10 years. I lived next to SJL’s for going on 20 years now. I mean literal blocks away. I can walk to her houston office, which I’ve literally NEVER SEEN OPEN in my entire adult life, in about 20 minutes. I feel pretty, Prettaaaaay well qualified to talk about SJL as an informed Houstonian, and Penelope does as well. So you can pound sound with that comment. She may carry 70% clip, but so does Louie Gohmert. Do you want to sit here and talk about what an effective representative he is, and how he isn’t a piece of shit? 

there have been reams of articles over decades talking about what a POS Lee is, and having seen her grandstanding with the mayor of galveston when Ike rolled in because there was a camera present, I buy all of it. 

I don't live anywhere near Lee's district, but if I did, I would vote for her over any R.  I don't care how much of an ineffective, idiotic, grandstanding, staff-treating-like-shit, dumbass she is.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/7/2021 at 9:57 AM, RomaVicta said:

Pos rep for changing your avatar from that disgusting photo of slimy meat under intense lights. The new one isn't beautiful, but it doesn't turn my stomach. 

Perhaps you are inching towards the dark side. The Cabal. The Ebil.

Just in time to get banned.  Lulz

58 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I don't live anywhere near Lee's district, but if I did, I would vote for her over any R.  I don't care how much of an ineffective, idiotic, grandstanding, staff-treating-like-shit, dumbass she is.

Today? Sure, me too. 8 years ago I’d have crawled over broken glass to get her out of office. Time changes things, strange bedfellows, pick a cliche. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Today? Sure, me too. 8 years ago I’d have crawled over broken glass to get her out of office. Time changes things, strange bedfellows, pick a cliche. 

SJL's incompetence and general purpose worthlessness is of a different kind that Boebert or MTG, I think.

She doesn't really represent a "movement."  She might have at one time (black candidate in the civil-rights/post-civil-rights era), but she's not part of an aggressively stupid movement.

• Like 1

And yet if she were to be primaried by a competent AOC type some of y'all would contort yourselves to say that SJL was the safer choice because of her electability or some shit, even though that district is safe AF, and that we have to unite behind Biden / Clyburn et al.

She sucks. As an ancient Black lady told me on the steps of her crumbling shack in Fourth Ward one day, "She just ain't no earthly good."  She is entrenched and needs to make way for new blood. The Dems will do everything they can to keep her in office because she gets that her role is to be outraged at symbolic shit all way going along with the establishment about anything that lines their pockets.

It took Houston developers 150 years to finally "do something" about Fourth Ward. That something was the rise of SJL, who sold out her constituents there in exchange for a safe gerrymandered district for life. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator
  • Hook 'Em 3

Another problem that isn't unique to SJL: Dems don't have a shared understanding of what they're there to do.

Most of the "mainstream" elected Republicans understand what they're there to do: pass tax cuts, neuter regulatory agencies by any means possible, confirm conservative judges (if you're a Senator), and when you're out of power you bash Democrats relentlessly and promote lies that serve the interests of your wealthy donors. If you're not helping push that agenda forward you'll be cast overboard. They're there to accomplish things, even if those things aren't what we typically think legislators should accomplish.

Meanwhile, most of the centrist/mainstream Democrats think they're there to do...well I don't really know. They seem to care a little bit about preventing the worst Republican impulses, but not that much. They seem to care a little bit about using the government to help some poor people, but not that much. They seem to care a little bit about keeping the government running smoothly, but not that much. They don't even typically seem THAT concerned with actually ensuring Republicans aren't allowed to retake power. Hell, for a few days there it was a bit of an open question of whether they'd even vote to impeach Trump after he'd tried to kill them. They don't really have clear goals beyond keeping their seats.   SJL doesn't threaten them in that regard in any conceivable way, she's just doing the same thing they're doing, so it doesn't matter that she doesn't really help the party in any meaningful way. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Meanwhile, most of the centrist/mainstream Democrats think they're there to do...well I don't really know.

30 years ago, they would have been labeled "moderate Republicans." Of course, they can't run on that. They can't run on "they're Pepsi, we're Diet Pepsi," so they have to get all creative in their messaging to make it look like they're different from the Republicans while simultaneously staying at arm's length from the Bernies and AOC's of the world. 

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

They seem to care a little bit about preventing the worst Republican impulses, but not that much. They seem to care a little bit about using the government to help some poor people, but not that much. They seem to care a little bit about keeping the government running smoothly, but not that much. They don't even typically seem THAT concerned with actually ensuring Republicans aren't allowed to retake power.

Right, they care about those things more than Republicans do, but that's like saying "the nicest guy in prison." But again, that's a very hard message to sell, which is why they look all convoluted and confused when they're really not. They just can't come out and say what they actually are. Republicans don't have that problem. They appeal to the absolute worst dregs of society and they're completely open about it, which is why they keep getting people to vote for them, which by definition is voting against their own interests...and even then, they still have to cheat like hell with all this gerrymandering, voting restrictions, coup attempts, et al. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

30 years ago, they would have been labeled "moderate Republicans." Of course, they can't run on that. They can't run on "they're Pepsi, we're Diet Pepsi," so they have to get all creative in their messaging to make it look like they're different from the Republicans while simultaneously staying at arm's length from the Bernies and AOC's of the world. 

Right, they care about those things more than Republicans do, but that's like saying "the nicest guy in prison." But again, that's a very hard message to sell, which is why they look all convoluted and confused when they're really not. They just can't come out and say what they actually are. Republicans don't have that problem. They appeal to the absolute worst dregs of society and they're completely open about it, which is why they keep getting people to vote for them, which by definition is voting against their own interests...and even then, they still have to cheat like hell with all this gerrymandering, voting restrictions, coup attempts, et al. 

It basically comes down to two types of people.  Those who give to others and those who take from others.    Facebook and a bastardization of current Christian philosophy towards prosperity over all else.  This "God put you in your life to get everything from his bounty you can get, and after you're satiated, then give a little back to the poor," is bullshit.   Of course we've seen this over and over from Carnegie and Rockefeller in the Gilded Age up to Bezos and his ilk now.   

And because the Dems are the party of looking out for your fellow man, then it would come off as hypocritical if they were to condemn anyone without giving them a chance at redemption.  It's the proverbial Charlie Brown and Lucy.  Charlie Brown is an ass if he doesn't give Lucy one more chance.  And when he does, and she fucks him over for the umpteenth time, then he's a loser.    At some point Charlie Brown needs to learn to drop kick and make Lucy irrelevant.

But until then, Dems will continue to look centrist.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

As a 'fuck mornings'/procrastinator, her vigilant optimism and tenacious work energy annoys she shit out of me.  

But I am glad she's in Congress.  If my country had ten more like her, we'd be great again.  

On 8/10/2021 at 12:45 PM, pyrohornIII said:

It basically comes down to two types of people.  Those who give to others and those who take from others.    Facebook and a bastardization of current Christian philosophy towards prosperity over all else.  This "God put you in your life to get everything from his bounty you can get, and after you're satiated, then give a little back to the poor," is bullshit.   Of course we've seen this over and over from Carnegie and Rockefeller in the Gilded Age up to Bezos and his ilk now.   

And because the Dems are the party of looking out for your fellow man, then it would come off as hypocritical if they were to condemn anyone without giving them a chance at redemption.  It's the proverbial Charlie Brown and Lucy.  Charlie Brown is an ass if he doesn't give Lucy one more chance.  And when he does, and she fucks him over for the umpteenth time, then he's a loser.    At some point Charlie Brown needs to learn to drop kick and make Lucy irrelevant.

But until then, Dems will continue to look centrist.  

What do you mean--continue to look centrist?  It's getting dangerously close to there not being a next time. 

8 hours ago, ultimaton said:

The fact that one of the biggest advocates for Texas and Texans in Congress is a representative from New York really says a lot about who is getting elected in this state.

Politics. She sees a state that will forever change the political landscape turning more and more purple, and is doing her job and trying to ensure that it does. Add the fact Abbott steps, eh, rolls over his dick every chance he gets and it’s almost too fucking easy.  

49 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Politics. She sees a state that will forever change the political landscape turning more and more purple, and is doing her job and trying to ensure that it does. Add the fact Abbott steps, eh, rolls over his dick every chance he gets and it’s almost too fucking easy.  

interesting take. Abbot isn’t the only official whose contrast could be seen as ‘too easy.’ And, as easy as it appears, who else is making political hay as well as her?

4 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

interesting take. Abbot isn’t the only official whose contrast could be seen as ‘too easy.’ And, as easy as it appears, who else is making political hay as well as her?

I don't disagree.  Most all the Texas politicians right now are wholly unimpressive.  But believe it or not, there are ALOT more places worse off than Texas.  But many are not as politically valuable, or in a transition phase.  I'd love to believe she truly cares about us poor old Texans, but please excuse me if I don't.   

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

I don't disagree.  Most all the Texas politicians right now are wholly unimpressive.  But believe it or not, there are ALOT more places worse off than Texas.  But many are not as politically valuable, or in a transition phase.  I'd love to believe she truly cares about us poor old Texans, but please excuse me if I don't.   

Well,  it's apparent,  even in the most cynical sense,  that she cares more about Texas than the politicians in Texas do.

She does more for your state than all of your elected officials.

Maybe Texas should find some people like her,  that give a fuck about Texans? 

• Hook 'Em 1

I mean she had a pretty impactful and formative experience as a youth when she was in Texas.

1 minute ago, YChang said:

I mean she had a pretty impactful and forrmative experience as a youth when she was in Texas.

True. She’s also a politician.  There’s like 4 of them that care about people. I believe it when Bernie says it (I’m not a Bernie bro). I’ll give her the same respect if she keeps to it. We’re still less than 5 years and she’s still wanting to ascend. 

• Like 1

True. She’s also a politician.  There’s like 4 of them that care about people. I believe it when Bernie says it (I’m not a Bernie bro). I’ll give her the same respect if she keeps to it. We’re still less than 5 years and she’s still wanting to ascend. 

Fair, you’re a bit more cynical than I am! But at least you’re in the wait and see camp.

Let me amend, that I think she can be both. Has an agenda and care about people.

20 minutes ago, YChang said:

Fair, you’re a bit more cynical than I am! But at least you’re in the wait and see camp.

I’m a conservative person (and politically) but I’ve got no problem giving credit/blame where it’s warranted. 

eta: even if she doesn’t give a solitary fuck about Texas she’s still playing good politics imo.  And that’s the game. She’s good at it.  Or she’s sincere, and that’s even better. 

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 9/4/2021 at 9:56 AM, fattyflattie said:

I think she's a true believer. I've grown to really respect and appreciate her style. She's a brilliant politician really-- fantastic instincts for the game-- a worthy enemy, as they say.