Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

On 10/2/2018 at 5:59 PM, ckhorn said:

The debate rages on, but you guys aren't going to see any changes anytime soon. Unless there is an injury.

The way I see it. We are a very good football team that will get better, but will suffer a setback or two. Hopefully, not this weekend and you can say the same for Sam. I believe Herman views Sam as the 15-16 year who is driving the car for the 1st time. You can take it down to the store on the corner, but come straight back home. After this game with OU and especially if we win. I think we will open the offense up and see improvement from the QB. You would think he can and should improve as QB over this year and on.

Edit: I don't believe he will ever improve enough for some on this board. Hell, I bet we can go back to hornfans old threads and find some of the same people complaining about VY shot-putting the ball

Man, I think this Offense will really keep improving through the rest of the year. 

Sam is Hermans kind of QB.

Great Game, kid.

Just now, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

You make yourself an easy target.  Put your  phone down and sleep it off.

fuck you. do not talk to me like i'm a child. people claim they want others to eat crow when they're wrong and then when they do it's not good enough. don't relentlessly talk shit to me and insult me and then tell me that i need a break. that is completely retarded. 

4 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

hell to the fuck no. i ate crow and everyone insisted on calling me out and talking shit anyway. the very same people who claimed that the non-believers were only interested in being right. how fucking rich is that? i'm not the one who needs to take a break. that's ass backwards. 

Fuck man....we just beat #7 OU. Just unplug and enjoy it. Who fucking cares what someone says on a message board. OU can fuck off.

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

fuck you. do not talk to me like i'm a child. people claim they want others to eat crow when they're wrong and then when they do it's not good enough. don't relentlessly talk shit to me and insult me and then tell me that i need a break. that is completely retarded. 

Completely retarded?  I might be 30% hard retarded, but you should seriously revisit your post history.  Eat your crow and sit on the sideline.  We’ve outgrown you. 

6 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Dont take the bait Derka. Enjoy the win bro.

• Like 2

It's really awkward when Derka is in here slobbering up Sam but still doing it back-handedly by saying that it's due to the coach's putting him in a position to succeed like we don't have the same OC and QB coach as last year. It'd be a lot less awkward if he just quietly STFU instead of coming back out of the bushes like Homer Simpson with an Ehlinger jersey. 

You made your bed starting from the time you shit on him since high school before he even took a college snap. Now stay there. Back in shaggytexas preferably. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

are you fucking kidding me? you fucking assholes have been crying like bitches about how everyone needs to eat crow, and when one person actually does so, honestly and effusively, you accept it. that's what YOU specifically said when you quoted me *weeks* ago when i first started eating crow. You said, "this is how you do it when you're wrong." Well, this is *not* how you do it when you're right. You've got to be a god damn absolute moron to actually get someone to admit they were wrong, only to then insist on talking shit to that person for weeks on end after the fact. accept the crow or quit demanding that people show up to eat it. 

dude.  youre a good guy.  everyone can see that.  but when you start talking about "next time he fucks up wait for me," it just makes it seem so personal.  get over that shit.  

18 minutes ago, Viper said:

He played a great game today. Still a little inaccurate on his throws but he played smart and good enough to win

Fuck that "good enough to win". They won despite giving up 45 points. He played a nearly flawless game.

• Like 6

Coaches played to run out the clock and it took all momentum away from Sam. Took him out of his rhythm. We easily score 60 had we just let him do what he did the whole game. "Good enough to win"?? Lmao. He led us to 48pts and this was after going into a shell for 3 drives or whatever. Best game by a UT QB this decade.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Coaches played to run out the clock and it took all momentum away from Sam. Took him out of his rhythm. We easily score 60 had we just let him do what he did the whole game. "Good enough to win"?? Lmao. He led us to 48pts and this was after going into a shell for 3 drives or whatever. Best game by a UT QB this decade.

jesus, i hate you but this is the most correct post you;ve ever made. 

• Like 3

No kidding. You have to put your foot on these fuckers necks and don’t let up.
  • Like 2

On 9/29/2018 at 7:37 PM, DreadHead said:

He's playing good if he hits those other throws, he would be playing amazing. We need him to play amazing in order to beat the likes of OU and West Virginia this year.

Sam played amazing today, the whole team played great. Agree going into killing the clock was done too early and threw his rhythm off, but epic finish with Dicker and we get the win.  Kid can ball out and is special, let's just enjoy the win .

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

24/35 for 314 yards, 2 td's, 0 int.

also, 19 carries for 72 yards and 3 td's.

there are a lot of you who need to fuck off.

I was negged to shit for saying he would be a Heisman contender if we beat OU. 

Guess who's a fucking Heisman contender now, America. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

25 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I was negged to shit for saying he would be a Heisman contender if we beat OU. 

Guess who's a fucking Heisman contender now, America. 

See this is why we can't have nice things. He played great he made less mistakes than Kyler so he won. But this take is silly 

Edited by Viper
  • Fuck You 1

40 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

I feel bad for Closetojumping. This rivalry win must be tough for him.

Sam "Mehlinger" is going to get way, way, way more pussy tonight than Closetojumping will ever see in his entire lifetime.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, A Cellar Honker said:

This is essentially Sam’s redshirt freshman year.  He is learning by leaps and bounds from week to week.  The upside is huge.

I think that what the doubters have gone out of their way to ignore.  This isn't one game.  Sam's been good all year.  He's leaps and bounds ahead of last year.  Playing with confidence, making smart decisions, using his legs when needed without using his head like a battering ram.  

Anyone who trots out the "sam is dumb" bullshit needs a mule kick to the head.  Dude's playing very intelligent football this year.

Less than 4 quarters of football ago people were saying we will win games in spite of Sams play.  No, we are winning games BECAUSE of Sam's play.

Great win gents.  Offense pulls their weight and then some.

Fuck OU

• Like 2

sam was mother fucking awesome today.   he won this game.  he deserves any and all accolades thrown his way.  but let's not act like today's sam is the sam we've seen for all season.  he made huge strides in accuracy, read, and decision making.  only bad decision was the 3rd down throw late in the 4th, but that was because of an absolute bonehead play call. here's to this game as the new baseline. 

he grew up today.  props to him.

The wheel route to Watson was a thing of beauty, but Sam's best throw today was an incompletion out of bounds wide of Collin Johnson in the 4th quarter. Casual observers might have thought it was a bad throw, but last year it would have been a pick by the safety with inside leverage; this year, it was a ball Johnson *might* have caught, but no one else could.

Mad props. Dude played his best game ever at exactly the right time.

• Like 7

i normally don't like to throw around terms like "moxie" and "it factor", but i don't think it's a coincidence that he had his best game of his career in the biggest game of his career. he definitely seemed to thrive on the atmosphere, and just looked very calm and confident the entire day. when i saw dicker on the sidelines smiling and winking and shit i wasn't buying it; he looked to me like he had nerves and was trying to convince himself that he was calm. sam didn't have the same look- he was calm and cool all day.

at this point the nearest comp i have for him is Major- not physically gifted like Simms or VY, not supremely talented like Colt, but just a guy with a winning game and winning attitude. man- i never could have imagined myself saying this five weeks ago. and to be honest, when sam came out for the final drive i was nervous; he hadn't done it on that stage yet; now he has. 

• Like 6