Mass College Admission Cheating Scandal

Js1

5 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Post stealing the Onion's material.  SIAP.

Son defends parents caught in college admissions scandal while smoking blunt

malcolm-abbott-caught-smoking-blunt-defe

Maybe this is why Gregory and Marcia Abbott allegedly bought their daughter’s way into college.

Their “rapper” son, Malcolm, popped out of the family’s Fifth Avenue building to smoke a giant blunt — while defending his parents and bragging about his latest CD.

“They’re blowing this whole thing out of proportion,” said Malcolm Abbott outside the home that overlooks the Metropolitan Museum of Art. “I believe everyone has a right to go to college, man.”

Reveal hidden contents

In between drags, Malcolm, whose father is the founder of food and beverage distributor International Dispensing Corp., admitted, “I didn’t go to college.”

The toker, who sports a ponytail and raps under the name “Billa,” then shamelessly plugged his music. “Check out my CD, ‘Cheese and Crackers,’ ” he said of his 2018 five-track rec­ord that includes a song titled “If I Lost My Money.”

Later, Malcolm emerged with his brother, who groused to The Post on Tuesday his parents “got roped into [this by] some guy who f–king cheated them.”

The parents are accused of paying admitted mastermind William “Rick” Singer $125,000 to boost their struggling daughter’s ACT and SAT scores.

Singer paid off an alleged crooked test proctor to inflate the girl’s scores to a perfect 800 on the SAT math exam and 710 on the literature test. On the ACTs, her score of 23 out of 36 was upped to a near-perfect 35, according to court filings.

Both parents were out on $500,000 bail each.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/13/son-defends-parents-caught-in-college-admissions-scandal-while-smoking-blunt/

Is this real?

If so, you can't make this shit up. Too funny. 

An Upper East sider who looks like he votes Dem? What's the world coming to?

2 hours ago, Llano Estacado said:

If this was going on for 5-10 years, a couple hundred kids with stellar HS resumes and test scores can’t get into Prestige U and have to go to Public Ivy or worse...

Career earnings of C-Suite vs normal middle manager.
Career earnings of drone in sector 7G vs normal middle manager. That shit adds up quickly.

Maybe. But it doesn't add up to $500B. I'm not sure you're really conceptualizing that amount.

no Phil they are fighting to get your  kids because you are a multi millionaire celebrity.  Unless they are making 1500+ on the SAT no Ivy League is fighting for you.

if your kid was named Jack Foster with parents who make 100K a year total no one is fighting for you.

I have no problem with Phil doing what he can for his kids and its great if his name helps them but quit with the bullshit of his kids being viewed like any other.

TMZ:

Lori Loughlin's daughters are not letting USC decide their fate, because they will NOT be returning to the University for fear of bullying ... sources connected to both daughters tell TMZ.

We're told 19-year-old Olivia and 20-year-old Isabella have made the decision to withdraw from the University. Our sources say they have the full support of their parents, Lori and Mossimo Giannulli, both of whom have been indicted in the college bribery scandal.

Our sources say the family feels certain, if the girls went back to USC, they would be "viciously bullied." So, the decision has been made.

As we reported, the indictment claims Lori and Mossimo paid $500,000 to have their daughters designated as recruits for the crew team at USC ... despite the fact they did not actually participate in crew. Mossimo allegedly sent action photos of their daughters on rowing machines to Rick Singer, the ringleader of the alleged scam, and he presumably sent them on to USC.

We're told Olivia and Isabella never really wanted to go to USC. Our sources say they liked the concept of school principally because of partying, and had their sights set on Arizona State University. That's why Mossimo sent an email saying he wanted to get his daughters "into a school other than ASU!"

Our sources say Olivia in particular "is a mess, despondent and feeling like it's the end of the world."

We're told Olivia and Isabella will "lay low" and not try and enroll in another school ... at least not for a long while.

4 hours ago, Llano Estacado said:

$500B is because you have to start somewhere. I don’t know what the barrier to entry is for Fortune 500 Board’s/C-Suite, but I imagine if you look at the numbers they aren’t well represented by public land grant degrees.

If this was going on for 5-10 years, a couple hundred kids with stellar HS resumes and test scores can’t get into Prestige U and have to go to Public Ivy or worse...

Career earnings of C-Suite vs normal middle manager.
Career earnings of drone in sector 7G vs normal middle manager. That shit adds up quickly.

The reason people were outlaying hundreds of thousands of dollars is because it was worth it as an “investment” in their kids future.

Side note: I’ve heard a compelling argument that we’ve done this to ourselves. GenX is told “you have to go to college”. With all those candidates a degree from Lamar or Abilene Christian isn’t good enough for Fortune 500 anymore. They go on to work at smaller business. Missing generation and millennials go to college, and there is no room at the inn. Elite schools increase tuition, public ivies increase tuition...”degree prestige” becomes larger barrier to entry for best jobs. Price goes up more. People have NW Public St Tech, BS Poli-Sci degree with 4.0 GPA that the regional plumbing supply distributer won’t accept for entry inside sales gig and poor plebe owes $100k @ 8.5%.

Please tell me you’re a lawyer. 

40 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Our sources say the family feels certain, if the girls went back to USC, they would be "viciously bullied"....because they cheated to get into the school, they KNOW they cheated to get into school, and they only got a "moral compass" once they got caught.  So, basically, they would be bullied because they are actually horrible people, and that's just unfair, because rich people are never supposed to face any consequences of their misconduct.

FIF accuracy.

• Like 2

Why do Lori's kids need attendance at a school to party?  Especially at plain ole ASU - it ain't like they're going to attend keggers with working class kids.  With a million+ "followers" and money aren't they mixing it up with celeb and socialite scene anyway?  Or they really want to experience getting raw-dogged by teenagers on Pell Grants?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

TMZ:

Lori Loughlin's daughters are not letting USC decide their fate, because they will NOT be returning to the University for fear of bullying ... sources connected to both daughters tell TMZ.

We're told 19-year-old Olivia and 20-year-old Isabella have made the decision to withdraw from the University. Our sources say they have the full support of their parents, Lori and Mossimo Giannulli, both of whom have been indicted in the college bribery scandal.

Our sources say the family feels certain, if the girls went back to USC, they would be "viciously bullied." So, the decision has been made.

As we reported, the indictment claims Lori and Mossimo paid $500,000 to have their daughters designated as recruits for the crew team at USC ... despite the fact they did not actually participate in crew. Mossimo allegedly sent action photos of their daughters on rowing machines to Rick Singer, the ringleader of the alleged scam, and he presumably sent them on to USC.

We're told Olivia and Isabella never really wanted to go to USC. Our sources say they liked the concept of school principally because of partying, and had their sights set on Arizona State University. That's why Mossimo sent an email saying he wanted to get his daughters "into a school other than ASU!"

Our sources say Olivia in particular "is a mess, despondent and feeling like it's the end of the world."

We're told Olivia and Isabella will "lay low" and not try and enroll in another school ... at least not for a long while.

HA!  Fullerton State here they come or Long Beach City.

Maybe. But it doesn't add up to $500B. I'm not sure you're really conceptualizing that amount.

More than all the endowments of all the universities involved combined. ~16 MM university students at any given time in the US. That’s $31,250/student is that some unfathomable number for lifetime earnings difference between Stanford and UCSF? They know they aren’t going to get anywhere near that if they’re able to get anything at all. But the class action lawsuit filed the week of the announcement probably isn’t very serious, and was largely for the explosive headlines which it achieved.

Please tell me you’re a lawyer. 

Not at all. Just believe in 7th amendment. (No CR) Laugh at it and throw it out. We have a system for this.
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

TMZ:

OMG!!!!! What are they ever going to do without that USC degree? 

3 minutes ago, Llano Estacado said:

More than all the endowments of all the universities involved combined. ~16 MM university students at any given time in the US. That’s $31,250/student is that some unfathomable number for lifetime earnings difference between Stanford and UCSF? They know they aren’t going to get anywhere near that if they’re able to get anything at all. But the class action lawsuit filed the week of the announcement probably isn’t very serious, and was largely for the explosive headlines which it achieved.

Not at all. Just believe in 7th amendment. (No CR) Laugh at it and throw it out. We have a system for this.

Okay but there won't be 16MM participants in a class action like this, right? I mean not every student in the US is disenfranchised as a result of this shit.

And, take a rep for MM. Motherfuckers on her using mm for millions is a trivial thing that makes me surly. 

1 hour ago, bigup2dahorns said:

TMZ:

We need to revive the old 3:16 "model/actress/whore" or m/a/w.  It seems to fit most of these social media twats.

And is it really "bullying" if you are a) an adult and b) deserve it?

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

And is it really "bullying" if you are a) an adult and b) deserve it?

Bingo.

"They're going to judge me, and it's just because I'm a terrible person who did bad things who really doesn't feel remorse but mostly just hates the fact that she got caught and I'm struggling to reconcile getting caught with my overwhelming sense of entitlement!  NO FAIR!"

Edited by Brisketexan

From an Alabama board I frequent:

From an Alabama board I frequent:

Yeah....requires login. Just copy and paste.

25 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Haha, nice try to get out in front of it, Phil.  He seems like exactly the type of guy who would use Rick Singer’s company in the “off the books” way.

Mickelson has real fuck you money.  He could easily do it the old fashioned way by donating a building or a golf course.  Not the penny ante $500K way.

21 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Just saw Lori Laughlin is out on 1 Million in bail.  

Admittedly, I am not following this in depth, but how the fuck is the bail for paying bribes to get your kids into college 1 million dollars? 

It keeps coming up, but bail is primarily to secure appearance at trial (and secondarily to detain dangers to society, which typically means bail to high to meet).  Because her husband is Italian, presumably there is a more legit flight risk than your average defendant and the million each is to make them flinch before fleeing.  One might also argue that the $250k that the rest of them seem to be getting is excessive and out of proportion..

Edited by TwiceHorn