Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

49 minutes ago, Frank The Tank said:

Trash/Recycle day was yesterday. There is literally nothing else in this recycle bin besides this giant box from one of her stupid meal/smoothie delivery services. 5F592BF8-E7FA-4366-A06E-93DC3844C6BC.thumb.jpeg.d25dd9506b889dda09c6a0a38764d03d.jpeg

Your wife put something in the recycle?   Braggart!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Modessit said:

My wife doesn't understand how electricity works. She constantly unplugs things that aren't being used to "save electricity". I've tried to explain that a lamp doesn't use electricity until the switch is turned on and completes the circuit. She argued that there was electricity going from the wall to the switch and she was keeping that electricity from being wasted. Whatever. It's her problem as I don't use that and I'm tired of arguing. If I need to use the toaster or can opener or whatever then I plug it in and use it and leave it plugged in when not being used. She unplugs it later when she sees it.

I've also told her that the few things that have a clock use very little electricity and it's not worth unplugging it if you have to reset the time every time you plug it back in.

So - with that in mind, my wife's single-cup coffee machine usually gets unplugged after she makes her coffee in the morning. I don't drink coffee so I don't care. Recently she complained that her coffee machine was taking forever to make coffee. I determined that hard water deposits had clogged it up because she hadn't been running vinegar through it on a regular basis to clean it. I tried using vinegar but it was so clogged it wasn't clearing.

It just so happens we have a spare coffee machine that a friend gave us. This one is programmable. I figured the wife would want it so her coffee would be ready when she got up but she liked using her old machine. I pulled the spare machine out, plugged it in, looked up the manual online, set the clock, put in filter, coffee, and water, and programmed it to start at 5:45am. I'm usually gone for work by 2:30am, so I texted her later to see if it made coffee. "YES!" Good.

Except that night she wanted me to show her how to set the program. I told her it was already programmed and she just needed to hit the "Start Program" button. When she came back to tell me that didn't work, I went into the kitchen to find out she had unplugged it that morning and cleared everything. I explained how she shouldn't unplug it, showed her how to reset the clock, set the program, start the program, etc. I told her if she unplugs it again she'll have to do this all over again. If she leaves it plugged in and just turns it off, then she can just hit the Start Program button that night for the next morning. "OK."

Came home this morning and found the coffee machine unplugged again. I'm not saying a fucking thing.

Mine does that and it drives me crazy.  The worst part is her running around unplugging unused cell phone chargers.

On 2/6/2022 at 7:06 PM, crimsonlonghorn said:

Followed Mrs CL out to the farm this PM and this is how she left the gate. Obviously drive around it and didn’t learn a damn thing. Makes me kind of ragey. SMDH

378B527A-78E8-44AE-ABFA-63CA68E91601.jpeg

I’d suggest a solar powered gate opener or just switching to a cattle guard. Mostly because I want see how she fucks either of those up

3 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Mine does that and it drives me crazy.  The worst part is her running around unplugging unused cell phone chargers.

My grandma does that shit to my dad (they live together for caretaking) and it frustrates him to no end, esp when she unplugs the cell phone charger that is actually charging his phone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My wife doesn't understand how electricity works. She constantly unplugs things that aren't being used to "save electricity". I've tried to explain that a lamp doesn't use electricity until the switch is turned on and completes the circuit. She argued that there was electricity going from the wall to the switch and she was keeping that electricity from being wasted. Whatever. It's her problem as I don't use that and I'm tired of arguing. If I need to use the toaster or can opener or whatever then I plug it in and use it and leave it plugged in when not being used. She unplugs it later when she sees it.

I've also told her that the few things that have a clock use very little electricity and it's not worth unplugging it if you have to reset the time every time you plug it back in.

So - with that in mind, my wife's single-cup coffee machine usually gets unplugged after she makes her coffee in the morning. I don't drink coffee so I don't care. Recently she complained that her coffee machine was taking forever to make coffee. I determined that hard water deposits had clogged it up because she hadn't been running vinegar through it on a regular basis to clean it. I tried using vinegar but it was so clogged it wasn't clearing.

It just so happens we have a spare coffee machine that a friend gave us. This one is programmable. I figured the wife would want it so her coffee would be ready when she got up but she liked using her old machine. I pulled the spare machine out, plugged it in, looked up the manual online, set the clock, put in filter, coffee, and water, and programmed it to start at 5:45am. I'm usually gone for work by 2:30am, so I texted her later to see if it made coffee. "YES!" Good.

Except that night she wanted me to show her how to set the program. I told her it was already programmed and she just needed to hit the "Start Program" button. When she came back to tell me that didn't work, I went into the kitchen to find out she had unplugged it that morning and cleared everything. I explained how she shouldn't unplug it, showed her how to reset the clock, set the program, start the program, etc. I told her if she unplugs it again she'll have to do this all over again. If she leaves it plugged in and just turns it off, then she can just hit the Start Program button that night for the next morning. "OK."

Came home this morning and found the coffee machine unplugged again. I'm not saying a fucking thing.

She sounds gorgeous.
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Modessit said:

That pussy must be made of gold.....because her brain is made of oatmeal

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

Or at least a mini-donkey to keep it company.  Donkeys are smaller than horses & therefore eat less.  Maybe a mini-goat instead.

I vote for the donkey. Leads to endless opportunities to comment on dat ass. 

21 hours ago, davidg said:

Probably leaves all the lights on too, amirite?

Our master shower is lit by a CFL bulb, in a recessed ceiling light fixture with a glass cover.  Wife is convinced that the heat emitted by leaving the light on 24/7 helps dry the shower and avoid mold growth.  I've tried to explain to her a thousand times how stupid that is, but she won't buy it.  I've given  up

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wade said:

Our master shower is lit by a CFL bulb, in a recessed ceiling light fixture with a glass cover.  Wife is convinced that the heat emitted by leaving the light on 24/7 helps dry the shower and avoid mold growth.  I've tried to explain to her a thousand times how stupid that is, but she won't buy it.  I've given  up

Freaking CFL bulbs. One of the worst things ever foisted on us. Make me surly. 

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1