Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Juicy said:

These were the revised terms he was offered today. Previously they had not been included. 

• Contract would make Harbaugh the highest paid coach in college football.
  • Elevator clauses to ensure Harbaugh remains the highest paid coach in college football
  • immunity from termination for two current NCAA investigations (this is similar to the provision in Bill self’s contract excerpted below)

It boggles my mind that there are numerous ongoing investigations into the Michigan progam and Michigan AD and president are like.. LOL DONT CARE.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Why does it boggle the mind?  I'm surprised more top coaches don't have such clauses.

Why would schools give them that? They’re paying top dollar for these coaches and you need some kind of protections for that cost. 

Michigan would be the Cleveland browns of contracts if they gave that 

If Michigan actually offered and sign him to a contract that gives him full immunity from NCAA investigations/sanctions, then god damn, I never want to hear how UM is a peer institution of UT Austin ever again. 

Just now, Jebus said:

gotta think that if he were going to the NFL, he'd take Minter with him if he could

Wasn't the speculation Minter as DC and Jay Harbaugh for ST? At least that's what I thought I read.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If Michigan actually offered and sign him to a contract that gives him full immunity from NCAA investigations/sanctions, then god damn, I never want to hear how UM is a peer institution of UT Austin ever again. 

Wasn't the speculation Minter as DC and Jay Harbaugh for ST? At least that's what I thought I read.

Yeah that's what I saw, doubt that he'd just give up Minter if he were interested in coming along, but maybe he really wants to get the old band back together.  Most likely the Fangio stuff is not related, IMO. 

If I were a Michigan fan I'd be hoping that if Harbaugh left, at least Minter would stick around.

also that immunity rumor does say that the immunity is from the current investigations, and if they really feel like those are meritless bullshit then it shouldn't matter that much to give him immunity from them specifically.  

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The UM fans I know went to WMU and the UM alums I know aren't sports fans.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Juicy said:

He was literally just live in Schembechler Hall. So yeah. Sure about that. Pretty much the textbook definition of "back in the building" 

2 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

has Mgoblog never heard of flightaware?  What the fuck are those amateurs doing over there

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Juicy said:

Looks like he is staying.

Michigan going to make him the highest paid coach by an enormous amount, also giving him a clause that he can not be fired for cause for the current ncaa investigations.

Unable to come to terms with the chargers on who Harbaugh would directly report to.

Back in Ann Arbor today and reportedly telling staff get your passports ready for the spring trip.

God dammit, I was already at the post office renewing my passport and now I find out he is leaving. This is fucked Juicy. That was some bad intel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

The UM fans I know went to WMU and the UM alums I know aren't sports fans.

57 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

That also tracks with me, but my sample size is 3 people.

Again small sample size, but my girlfriend is a Michigan alum and sports super fan. 

Of the 2 UM grads I know, one went to Arkansas (has family in Michigan or something), the other is a huge UM sports fan. He also went to USC so he went full sports/academics and honestly I'm a little jealous (my second degree is from SMU and I enrolled at OSU when Bob Simmons was coach, so sports wasn't exactly the top of my list, lol).

Edited by 'stache

I lived in Detroit for 2.5 years there are plenty of Walmart Wolverines but to claim that UM grads are not sports fans is patently absurd. I knew at least 15 UM grads and the vast majority of them were huge football fans.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pimphand said:

I lived in Detroit for 2.5 years there are plenty of Walmart Wolverines but to claim that UM grads are not sports fans is patently absurd. I knew at least 15 UM grads and the vast majority of them were huge football fans.

Keyword: “were”

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

In this new NIL world ….

nfl job >>> ncaa job 

So much so there's rumors aswrlin' that Chip may leave UCLA for the Seahawks OC job.  It is well known he hates recruiting.  He hates it way more now, especially since we don't have the swinging dick wallet Texas has.

• Like 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

So much so there's rumors aswrlin' that Chip may leave UCLA for the Seahawks OC job.  It is well known he hates recruiting.  He hates it way more now, especially since we don't have the swinging dick wallet Texas has.

Fucking hell. Why do we always have to fire our shitty coaches and they voluntarily leave other schools?

• Rage+1 1

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan