Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

8 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Something's afoot in Louisville. 

I think it might be something afoot with Owens (and Louisville, also). Cancels UGA visit. Texas seems to be backing off. Not hearing a ton out of A&M in all of this. Gotta wonder if the "issues" with a family member very close to his recruitment (as CTJ had mentioned) are turning his Top 3 off...

Edited by UncleBuck

19 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

I think it might be something afoot with Owens (and Louisville, also). Cancels UGA visit. Texas seems to be backing off. Not hearing a ton out of A&M in all of this. Gotta wonder if the "issues" with a family member very close to his recruitment (as CTJ had mentioned) are turning his Top 3 off...

That would have to mean they're new concerns which is the unlikeliest of the unlikely. 

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Gerry said in the comments that this recruitment is not headed in the right direction for Texas, which isn’t surprising considering we aren’t getting an official visit.

BUT HE ALSO SAYS WE'RE IN THE MIX 

• Haha 2

Right after Owens committed to Texas, his dad did an interview and flat out said that it's early and that Reuben would be taking his officials and his recruitment is not over.  This would be his potential 2nd commitments before his senior year.  It's pretty obvious what will be the deciding factor in this recruitment.  With Bijan poised to have a monster year, it really should be quite easy to sell a 17 year old to come in.   I'm not worried at all and honestly, they should be going all in on Baxter.  The sell should be... get a bunch of usage, get prepped for the NFL, and oh yeah... drive a lambo while you're here.  Oh yeah, you may also be hanging out with the Manning family while you're here.  

3 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

BUT HE ALSO SAYS WE'RE IN THE MIX 

Not sure I particularly care. Perhaps I am thinking of the wrong recruit, but isnt he the guy that in a great IOL prospect that wants to play DL? He is a D1 prospect either way, but his high ranking is a reflection of his OL upside. 

Getting Wisner was such a great fucking get by Choice. Wisner is good enough to be the lead back in a 2 back class, so we can go elephant hunting and not be held hostage by the asshattery of prima donna types and their "people" on guys that don't have a good mental eval. Baxter should be the priority unless Owens decides to play it a little more straight down the middle if we get Arch.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Owens seems to be doing the Zach Evans. He's talented so someone (Louisville) will put up with his shit, much like TCU and Evans. My money is on Owens will not finish his career at Louisville. Hell, he may not even start his career at Louisville.

Rueben Owens ain't going to no damn Louisville.

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Getting Wisner was such a great fucking get by Choice. Wisner is good enough to be the lead back in a 2 back class, so we can go elephant hunting and not be held hostage by the asshattery of prima donna types and their "people" on guys that don't have a good mental eval. Baxter should be the priority unless Owens decides to play it a little more straight down the middle if we get Arch.  

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CeFR2z0g_mN/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CeKDRcMAgzQ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Clips are from Desoto’s spring game 

Edited by Nope

16 minutes ago, Nope said:

2 clips and 0 TDs. He was even caught from behind on one of them.

I watched Rueben Owens' Hudl, and it started with 45 consecutive TDs, from all over the field.

We sure Wisner is a take? 

/s

35 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

2 clips and 0 TDs. He was even caught from behind on one of them.

I watched Rueben Owens' Hudl, and it started with 45 consecutive TDs, from all over the field.

We sure Wisner is a take? 

/s

Which was amazing because after every TD he ate a slice of Papa John's double stuff.

10 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Roach on David Hicks:

Just spoke with the father of Paetow DL DJ Hicks. He said the visit was good and they spent all day with Bo Davis and Steve Sarkisian. I’ve been told they plan to return for the Alabama game.

Smart move getting to see Bama. /s

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Haha 1