Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

This is from an apparent insider on Ohio State 247. I don't necessarily believe it or anything, but this is what the other side is saying 

From Weds

"What I know regarding Urban

I’m not saying he won’t take the job. But I’m saying it’s 95 percent to me that he won’t take it. There are false reports out there that he reached out about a What-if staff. I know this is untrue because the first call would have been to Mick and I know he hasn’t called Mick about this. Secondly, he would call Mark and that hasn’t happened either. I’m not saying there’s a zero percent chance, but I am saying I think all of this is ridiculous and I know there’s a lot of false reporting out there. If urban entertains it it’s only to take a dig at his wannabe only to pass it up and get the last laugh. One thing I also know that no one is talking about. Urban and Mack are VERY close friends. Not sure if that’s public or not but they are and they talk very frequently. It’s common knowledge that the Texas boosters are insane and run the asylum. Urban hates it when people mettle and he would reject Texas for that reason alone. I have not spoken directly to urban, but guys, based off of who I’ve talked to and what I know about him, this just ain’t happening. "

From last night

"Re Urban to Texas Pt 2

Yesterday the Urban to Texas rumors were picking up steam, I wanted to weigh in and stated that I was 95 percent sure he wasn’t leaving. Then said 99 percent after speaking to more people. Right now I have officially become 100 percent sure beyond a shadow of any and all doubt that Urban will not be going to Texas. It’s just not happening. I would NOT post this if I didn’t have impeccable sources and wasn’t more than a 100 percent sure. There has been a ton of BS about all of this. I will not be commenting further on any of this, but I can assure you that you can take this info to the bank. I thought about saying this all day but a conversation with the last domino just occurred and left me without any doubt. I’m sure a lot of hostility is about to ensue between our base and theirs. I personally love and respect Texas fans and I hope we can treat them with class and respect. We hate Tom, not their fans who did nothing we didn’t do when we thought Urban was coming here. Best of luck to Texas fans and players."

What thread was it where we were comparing the academic status/rankings of football schools across the country?

Because I'm using this post the next time someone tries to tell me UT and tOSU are similar academically.

These stupid fucks can't even realize when they are intentionally being fed misinfo. Or they are just lying about what they know.

Just now, victory88 said:

Wow... the fact that cdc would even think of fisher makes me want him fired.  I would never watch another Texas game.  I would rather this program burn down and force myself to watch another 10 years of the Tom Herman shit show than to ever support or root for a Jeff fisher team.

If anything I think you are underselling this. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

This is from an apparent insider on Ohio State 247. I don't necessarily believe it or anything, but this is what the other side is saying 

From Weds

I’m not saying he won’t take the job. But I’m saying it’s 95 percent to me that he won’t take it. There are false reports out there that he reached out about a What-if staff. I know this is untrue because the first call would have been to Mick and I know he hasn’t called Mick about this. Secondly, he would call Mark and that hasn’t happened either. I’m not saying there’s a zero percent chance, but I am saying I think all of this is ridiculous and I know there’s a lot of false reporting out there. If urban entertains it it’s only to take a dig at his wannabe only to pass it up and get the last laugh. One thing I also know that no one is talking about. Urban and Mack are VERY close friends. Not sure if that’s public or not but they are and they talk very frequently. It’s common knowledge that the Texas boosters are insane and run the asylum. Urban hates it when people mettle and he would reject Texas for that reason alone. I have not spoken directly to urban, but guys, based off of who I’ve talked to and what I know about him, this just ain’t happening. "

From last night

"Re Urban to Texas Pt 2

Yesterday the Urban to Texas rumors were picking up steam, I wanted to weigh in and stated that I was 95 percent sure he wasn’t leaving. Then said 99 percent after speaking to more people. Right now I have officially become 100 percent sure beyond a shadow of any and all doubt that Urban will not be going to Texas. It’s just not happening. I would NOT post this if I didn’t have impeccable sources and wasn’t more than a 100 percent sure. There has been a ton of BS about all of this. I will not be commenting further on any of this, but I can assure you that you can take this info to the bank. I thought about saying this all day but a conversation with the last domino just occurred and left me without any doubt. I’m sure a lot of hostility is about to ensue between our base and theirs. I personally love and respect Texas fans and I hope we can treat them with class and respect. We hate Tom, not their fans who did nothing we didn’t do when we thought Urban was coming here. Best of luck to Texas fans and players."

Click bait wish casting trying to get subscribers. If it doesn’t happen he can beat his chest about being first and if it does he can say there were drastic changes and texas upped his offer and the family signed off or some shit

3 minutes ago, RVC2005 said:

This guy doesnt know a damn thing

Yeah can you imagine believing that Mick or Pantoni would get off the call with Urban then tell a bunch of people he offered them a job at Texas? Those guys would not fuck meyer over because that would be embarrassing to ohio state as well as Texas. I know that we are pretty crazy here but that dude is a straight up fuck tard.  

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

But your claim isn't entirely true. They were perfectly mediocre to straight up bad between 87 and 92. That weird window where almost no blue blood was worth a shit. 

They also went 21-15 from 99 to 01.

You had to go back 30 years to find an era when they were going 7-4 and 8-4. Not great but I sure wish that was our lowest point in the past 70 years.

And 99-01?  When they were firing their coach and hiring another and then won the national title in 2002? What a dismal walk in the desert. Any other school, even Alabama, would kill for that being a lowpoint since 1960.

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Click bait wish casting trying to get subscribers. If it doesn’t happen he can beat his chest about being first and if it does he can say there were drastic changes and texas upped his offer and the family signed off or some shit

It's from a random poster, not a mod/writer 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Fud said:

From Weds

From last night

"Re Urban to Texas Pt 2

That's from Bucknuts on their free board. Saw that yesterday after the excitement from the night before.

That along with Chip's report makes me think the Texas insiders are overly optimistic. 

9 minutes ago, Fud said:

From Weds

From last night

"Re Urban to Texas Pt 2

Unless he has their phones tapped, why would Mick, Mark, Joey, or Vito tell this fucker something that would betray a confidential conversation with Meyer

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

This is actually a really easy decision IMO. I think Garrett might actually be underrated nowadays because Cowboys fans are stupid and unrealistic. Look at what's happened to the team this year. I know some of it is Dak being out, but they suck at basically every aspect of football.  They don't have the talent that the fans think they have/had. And he's doing good things with Daniel Jones this year too.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Garrett ends up with another HC job in the NFL and is successful. The Cowboys organization is garbage. Jeff Fisher is also garbage.

Almost all of it is Dak being hurt with a little sprinkle of OL injuries. Healthy Dak and the Cowboys are running away from the NFC East. Doesn't make them championship contenders but they'd be several games ahead in the East at a minimum.

12 minutes ago, Fud said:

I know Bobby Burton and some others have said that Chip does actually have some sources in Bellmont, but his stuff reads like it's half compilation from the other three sites, and half fan fiction 

Chip Brown got connected to Belmont through Burton. He’s got limited utility on his own with Burton gone. He’s begging for info and simply being given some talking points. 

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

From Weds

From last night

"Re Urban to Texas Pt 2

I recognize you’re not endorsing the take, so I’m commenting on my view of this writer’s take. Just as it is for $9.95ers when it comes to tracking a recruit, the POV on this deal with Meyer matters. Guys who talk only to OSU people will of course see this whole thing as a virtual impossibility. What’s bizarre to me is how passionate they are about needing this to not happen. You can see it in the way these clowns write. They really are the aggies of the Midwest.  Just an utterly dismissible group of deplorable shitbags with weak writing skills. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Important update from Kurt:

If we're waiting for losses - we've had three of those already - each one of them egregious enough to justify firing Herman mid-season.  It shouldn't take one more loss to shit-can Herman and install an interim.

Jesus, what a dumbass. I'd be shocked if there's a more worthless "journalist" on the planet. Dude is just stealing money from the Statesman.

1 minute ago, UTEX_ME said:

Y'all better start praying we lose Saturday. I can't take another week of this shit. You know CDC isn't canning him if we win. 

If he’s taking the job, I’m pretty sure he’ll layout the timeline for being introduced. I seriously doubt if he said introduce me Sunday (for example) that CDC would say no. 

Who knows? We may already be on UM’s timeline, or we may not. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, runthebone said:

Unless he has their phones tapped, why would Mick, Mark, Joey, or Vito tell this fucker something that would betray a confidential conversation with Meyer

Especially if something were to scuttle the Urban/Texas deal -- you don't it widely known that you would've joined him in Austin.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RVC2005 said:

He's employed by the OSU AD, but it doesnt matter, because this guy has no clue.  He hasnt been correct on nearly any other "inside" info

The pay site message boards are riddled with unconnected dorks pretending they’re important. OSU fans are by far the worst in the country so it must be especially bad over there.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

You had to go back 30 years to find an era when they were going 7-4 and 8-4. Not great but I sure wish that was our lowest point in the past 70 years.

And 99-01?  When they were firing their coach and hiring another and then won the national title in 2002? What a dismal walk in the desert. Any other school, even Alabama, would kill for that being a lowpoint since 1960.

Right. I said it made me throw up in my mouth.

Just wanted to check because you said "multiple years"

Fox Game morning show gonna have a lot of eyes on it. Maybe we could just get UM to say hello to all his kids. He has a daughter named Nicole. My name’s Nicole. If he says her name no matter what color  tie he has on (can see a red one and everyone freaking out) or whatever else he says we know it’s on! Lol. 

Just now, ztejas said:

Right. I said it made me throw up in my mouth.

Just wanted to check because you said "multiple years"

It is pretty ridiculous. They make OU fans look long suffering.

Makes me glad we are not in the Big 10. They are taking too many of our recruits as it is.

2 minutes ago, Majorcholas said:

I was there and happened to be sitting near the achos parents. Nobody in the Texas stands knew what the hell happened on that play.

other top moments from that game:

1) some drunk dude yelling “show us your tits Lisa!” While Lisa salters was doing a sideline piece.

2) whole crowd chanting “RUUUUUUDY...RUUUUUUDY” at end of game after their douche qb talked crap all week.

3) hearing Texas fight getting louder and louder and then realizing the LHB was marching through sea world. Badass

4) Brandon foster having game of his life on defense.

5) me barfing on sidewalk while walking home to hotel but still throwing the horns up when team busses were driving by.

Fortunately we beat asu's ass that day.

1 minute ago, wood said:

Jesus, what a dumbass. I'd be shocked if there's a more worthless "journalist" on the planet. Dude is just stealing money from the Statesman.

Kurt's definitely a dumbass, but he's just reporting what the athletic department has told him.  Since he has no inside access, he has no choice to listen to their standard pitch, which is-- Herman still has a job.  

Until he doesn't.

15 minutes ago, Fud said:

From Weds

From last night

"Re Urban to Texas Pt 2

How do I know this is all BS...........it wouldn't be hush hush through back channels and secret in the know idiots if he said no.  It would be out there.  Freaking hacks.

Just now, Valmy77 said:

They make OU fans look long suffering

LSU makes OU look long suffering. Conference titles and 12 win seasons are cool until you look up and see that none of your undergrads remember your program winning a national title.

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Fox Game morning show gonna have a lot of eyes on it. Maybe we could just get UM to say hello to all his kids. He has a daughter named Nicole. My name’s Nicole. If he says her name no matter what color  tie he has on (can see a red one and everyone freaking out) or whatever else he says we know it’s on! Lol. 

He will most def. be wearing a red tie tomorrow to try and throw off the scent. 

• Like 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

This reminds of something I mentioned waaaaaay up thread or on the Herman thread, but I heard it again yesterday - Mack Brown does not want Urban Meyer taking the job at Texas. He’s fired up his network on it accordingly and is doing whatever he can to shit on the job and make it sound miserable. 

Seriously? Is this fucker going to destroy our program twice?

What the hell man. I mean we were just upset he kept losing to OU by 50.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Sure. In a position so vital for their success. Is he designing golf courses? Assistant coffee maker to the AD?

I agree there he's just collecting a paycheck and hanging around, but it's still qualifies them to say leaving.  As far as why they care so much about that I don't know.  I doubt OU fans would care if Stoops coached somewhere else unless it was a rival.  

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What’s bizarre to me is how passionate they are about needing this to not happen. You can see it in the way these clowns write. They really are the aggies of the Midwest.  Just an utterly dismissible group of deplorable shitbags with weak writing skills. 

Similar thought as well... why are they so passionate about it if its "not going to happen".  I take it as more smoke that there have indeed been rumblings and possible contacts with others at OSU.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

This has come up before just recently, in like 60-70 years they are winning 78% of their games. I'd find a way to fist futureman's ass going in through his mouth for that kind of consistency. 

'

1 minute ago, thunderlounge said:

If he’s taking the job, I’m pretty sure he’ll layout the timeline for being introduced. I seriously doubt if he said introduce me Sunday (for example) that CDC would say no. 

Who knows? We may already be on UM’s timeline, or we may not. 

He wouldn't. Win or lose Saturday, Herman could be relieved of his HC duties the minute he walks away from the mike in his postgame presser. Saturday's result will have no bearing on what CDC does or what the timeline may or may not be. aggy fired Franchione about 30 minutes after beating Texas in his final game in 2007.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It's like he and FCB are in a contest to see who can put out the shittest reporting this week.

1000% guarantee CDC will call bohls first because the msm still gets that privilege, and bohls lives in the msm black and white tv alternate reality.  He doesn't even realize his futility.

FCB and fat ketch and the rest of the 995 crowd are doomed to f5 7x24 until this thing is done because they don't have the msm luxury of stupidity and ignorance.

so i put them in different categories not competing against each other.

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This reminds of something I mentioned waaaaaay up thread or on the Herman thread, but I heard it again yesterday - Mack Brown does not want Urban Meyer taking the job at Texas. He’s fired up his network on it accordingly and is doing whatever he can to shit on the job and make it sound miserable. 

If Mack can't let it go 7 fucking years after the fact and after moving on to another coaching job, then he has some serious self image issues.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic